Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Comic for Thursday 09/17/15

#1 Post by Aevere »

Alt text: "[ ! ] Guards have entered alert status"

CHAOKOCartoons
Traveler

Re: Comic for Thursday 09/17/15

#2 Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Who cares if Kei will be okay, I'm more concerned about Daniels' safety! That man has so much to live for, so many stories to be not told! :o

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

How did I know we would not see a continuation of the fight in the next page? Answer: I didn't, not even in the slightest. That was the first scene switch I was not even considering. Well done with it, by the way, very smooth.

Heh.. figures he'd order Daniels to stay behind. That guy has things to do. :P

Also, "ace"? Who the heck is that, and do they know Trace from the old days? And the fuse burns even closer to the powder keg.. only a well-placed scuffle can put it out now. :P Let's hope Kei can settle this disagreement between the ambassadors and their welcoming comittee, without Ace and Trace having their own little spat.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

JMadoc
Master

#4 Post by JMadoc »

10 Septims the "ace" is Roderick.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#5 Post by Tetrahedron »

Ok, I just thought that it is the fault of my only basic English skill, that I dont understand what Kei means with "ace"

Maybe it is just a "censored" a*s...

Ok, a little bit of topic but it always bothers me, that Keith does not wear a helmet with his armor.
I love this armor, it is really good, looks practical but still cool. Not like other hyper fancy fantaysyarmors.

But: In my opinion the helmet is a very important, maybe the most important part of an armor.

OK, maybe it is a parade armor, or something like that...
Spoiler!

gentlehunter

#6 Post by gentlehunter »

Tetrahedron wrote:Ok, I just thought that it is the fault of my only basic English skill, that I dont understand what Kei means with "ace"

Maybe it is just a "censored" a*s...
In English, an "Ace" can refer to a couple of things. For example, in military aviation, an "Ace" fighter pilot is a pilot who is the best at what he or she does, due to talent and experience. In mystery novels, an "Ace" detective is one who is very good at solving cases, again, due to talent and experience.

Secondly, in card games like Poker, the Ace cards are usually special in some way, having a very high value. A proverbial form of cheating in Poker is "to have an Ace up one's sleeve," meaning you have something valuable or powerful set aside for when it's needed.

So in this case, the "Ace" Kei is referring to is likely a powerful warrior, mage, or creature that they can call on for emergencies.

I hope this explanation makes sense and was not too long-winded. :)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

JMadoc wrote:10 Septims the "ace" is Roderick.
That'd be an interesting development. How will he react knowing his brother's been harboring know fugitives all this time?
Tetrahedron wrote:Ok, I just thought that it is the fault of my only basic English skill, that I dont understand what Kei means with "ace"
Basically their big gun. Their strongest and toughest soldier, or possibly a device of some sort.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

asphere8
Master

#8 Post by asphere8 »

At first I thought it was just a typo of "mace."
This is the first comic since I started reading that's been uploaded at an inopportune time for me to see it immediately. :p
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Aurora
Citizen

#9 Post by Aurora »

Oh, this seems like such a tease after a week-long dry-spell! I hope we get the next page soon! :shock:

amenon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by amenon »

An ace that needs to be gotten ready? Hmm. He could just be being cute to not slip something in front of Trace and Flora, though.

The tower looks close is in the fourth panel background, after being in the distance the last time (2015-07-15).

First and last panel look off to me, and the background roads.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Vintage »

It seems that Flora assumes that that blast had something to do with Keith and his group, but she couldn't have know that for certain, right? It's just that it looks a little awkward for Flora to be saying "I hope he'll be ok," without saying something like "I hope that isn't Keith."
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

amenon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by amenon »

TheWMM wrote:It seems that Flora assumes that that blast had something to do with Keith and his group, but she couldn't have know that for certain, right? It's just that it looks a little awkward for Flora to be saying "I hope he'll be ok," without saying something like "I hope that isn't Keith."
Preeeeetty sure she's talking about Kei.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by SpottedKitty »

gentlehunter wrote:So in this case, the "Ace" Kei is referring to is likely a powerful warrior, mage, or creature that they can call on for emergencies.
Wouldn't it be "fun" if Kei meant to summon a certain half-dragon Adrakist and her friends to go and investigate what caused the kaboom...? :roll:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

gertok9
Master

#14 Post by gertok9 »

Spoiler alert
Spoiler!
Daniels dies in the fight against the Adraskist cult. Tigress #37, remembering their one night stand, vows to avenge him and becomes a world famous dragon hunter once the war blows over...
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#15 Post by FrogSteaks »

Wouldn't the tigers have heard that explosion as well? I'm sure they haven't ventured out too far since we've last seen them.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky