Comic for Thursday, January 14, 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaz
Master

Comic for Thursday, January 14, 2016

#1 Post by Kaz »

Alt Text: Shepherd's Square

Sketch Link (Note: Broken link resolved as of 1/14/2016 05:35Z)

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Comic for Thursday, January 14, 2016

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

I am so glad I saved this image, for Jason's sake.

But holy [censored], Tom. Good thing you didn't have her wear anything that would maker her look sexual. :roll:

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#3 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

holy [censored]. My God Tom, I thought you were trying to move away from the... ahem... "risque"

Also, birthday upload. yay.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Hmm, I quite like these designs. An exploration into tiger culture would be nice, although I wonder how indicative these two are of tiger norms. Probably a lot, if I had to guess.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Fawkes wrote:I wonder if the tigress cousin mentioned might be Tigress #37
Very likely theory. I like it.

I can't help but love the page, and its characters, and the dialog. Quite humorous.

I can only hope a Star Wars inspired exclamation of, "That's no moon tail!!!" occurs in the near future because that would be hilarious (even if it was just off panel shout-bubble). Annyway, bravo Tom, congrats on 900 pages!!! Onward and upward!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#6 Post by Schrodinger »

I don't think that's a tail he's hiding, my dear. And now, welcome the haughty character archetype. This is going to get harsh very quickly.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#7 Post by SirJahar »

I look at these two new girls and all I see is a big, red, flashing "TRAMP TRAMP TRAMP", and I don't think they'll turn out like Kat did. At least Tigress #37 is spared that assumption by not having spoken a line yet. But the art looks fantastic, and I can hardly believe to comic is up to 900 pages! Way to go, Tom, looking forward to where the story goes from here!
EDIT: And Trace, pull your hood up, man! You're supposed to be trying to hide that blue hair of yours!

Phaing
Master

#8 Post by Phaing »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:holy [censored]. My God Tom, I thought you were trying to move away from the... ahem... "risque"
Why would he have to .... hey! You guys haven't been teasing him, have you?

Besides, as far as all that goes, I'd classify this one as Mostly Harmless.
(and very nicely done, great quality work here, the only thing that's missing is the pie)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by SpottedKitty »

SirJahar wrote:I look at these two new girls and all I see is a big, red, flashing "TRAMP TRAMP TRAMP, and I don't think they'll turn out like Kat did.
I can't help wondering whether these two are closer to the average tiger than Flora. We don't have a really big sample to look at, though — yet — just these ones and the feral tiger who got a little bit too up close and thoroughly personal with Trace way back when. Flora's spent a large part of her life with humans, so she might not think or react like a typical tiger any more. Have to wait and see how many of the visitors get speaking parts.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Aurora
Citizen

#10 Post by Aurora »

Yay, a post on my b-day! ... hey, why do they have slit-pupils, but Flora's are round? And if Humans are so repulsive, what's with the one after Daniels? XD

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11 Post by BadFoMo »

In panel two; is that supposed to be some sort of spider sense tingling or does Flora know one or both of these Tigers?

CrRAR wrote:
Fawkes wrote:I wonder if the tigress cousin mentioned might be Tigress #37
Very likely theory. I like it.
I got the impression that's who they were talking about as well.
Fawkes wrote:...and that Daniels will be the first poor guard used to confirm their suspicions?
And then we find out that Daniels has a birth defect or curse that gives him a tail.

Fawkes wrote:I'm also getting quite the mean girls vibe from these two tigresses, I don't think they will be offering any if much help to Flora in the pages to come.
SirJahar wrote:I look at these two new girls and all I see is a big, red, flashing "TRAMP TRAMP TRAMP, and I don't think they'll turn out like Kat did.
You know, I wasn't getting that impression at first; but with that ending line "…as they are repulsive", I can sort of see it.

Fawkes wrote:I didn't remember it at first when looking at the statue in the first panel but there was a reward/perk from the TK Kickstarter that was about having a character immortalized as a statue/monument in the TK world that main characters would come across in their travels. Is it possible that we could be finally seeing this reward come to life in the comic or could this simply be a coincidence?
Well, if I recall correctly, that $5000 reward was taken and this could be a good place for said statue, but I'm not sure how the main characters would get into a conversation about something which would otherwise be utterly pointless.

Speaking of the statue, is it just me, or do the Flora and Trace orange and light blue decorations seem a tad out of perspective when you look at the ends that are attached to the buildings versus the ends that are attached to the statue, and then compare those sizes against the two individuals that the base of the statue?

I would've also asked how they got those up there, but then I remembered what world we are in. A wizard did it.

Fawkes wrote:Though despite that, I do like the design of the tigress to the right the best out of the two, simply beautiful.
Aurora wrote:hey, why do they have slit-pupils, but Flora's are round?
I won't argue about their quality, but when I look at them they just seem like they were drawn in a different style. Almost as if they are from a different comic. Am I the only one that gets this vibe?

TheFrozenSlime wrote:Also, birthday upload. yay.
Aurora wrote:Yay, a post on my b-day! ... hey, why do they have slit-pupils, but Flora's are round?
Happy Birthday to you both!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#12 Post by SirJahar »

SpottedKitty wrote: I can't help wondering whether these two are closer to the average tiger than Flora. We don't have a really big sample to look at, though — yet — just these ones and the feral tiger who got a little bit too up close and thoroughly personal with Trace way back when. Flora's spent a large part of her life with humans, so she might not think or react like a typical tiger any more. Have to wait and see how many of the visitors get speaking parts.
I think my reaction is because they remind me of this one girl I went to high school with. But you have a point, we really don't have any first-hand knowledge of Tiger society or social norms. It will be nice to see something approaching such.
I'm now hoping Flora has another "Get your paws off my man" moment like she did back in Wrethwood with Kathrin.

ReBob
Council Member

#13 Post by ReBob »

Given the context, I don't think there's any way the referenced cousin isn't our dear Tigress #37. Does this mean our hapless Daniels is in for a broken heart? Or will true love win out in the end? Will there be a name revealed in the future? Find out in the next episode of Twokinds Z.

This page makes me realize it's actually been awhile since we've seen other Keidran. Pretty excited for what's to come, now that we're here. That "These are my people" line seems fully loaded to backfire, considering what sort of character these two seems to be. However, I shall not judge them yet. That would be hypocritical of me since I defended Kei when he seemed like a, well, you know.

Anyway, I think Flora may know something about why these Tigers are visiting. They're isolationists after all, like she said, so what's with her reaction right after saying so? Story progression incoming within a page or two, I feel. Hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Congratulations on 900 pages, Tom.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Dadrobit »

I swear these forums...

Ship everything that moves, and then call out characters for being tramps when they're being proactive in trying to find a little fleeting physical fun.

I wonder if that's possibly more the norm for Tigers? Flora isn't exactly the status quo of Tiger behavioral patterns considering she was a slave for half of her life and was largely raised in the company of humans and wolves.

Also, Shepherd's Square? As in shepherds leading their flock to the slaughter?

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#15 Post by SirJahar »

Dadrobit wrote:I swear these forums...

Ship everything that moves, and then call out characters for being tramps when they're being proactive in trying to find a little fleeting physical fun.

I wonder if that's possibly more the norm for Tigers? Flora isn't exactly the status quo of Tiger behavioral patterns considering she was a slave for half of her life and was largely raised in the company of humans and wolves.

Also, Shepherd's Square? As in shepherds leading their flock to the slaughter?
Well what are we supposed to do down by the harbor?! And the "tramp" thing was a lot because of the "... as they are repulsive" part (and seriously reminding me of that girl from back in school).

And Shepherds are often depicted as protectors or guardians in western culture, so that could be the angle Tom is working with the name. Or leading the simple-minded sheep to slaughter.