Comic for November 7th, 2008

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mentalbug

Comic for November 7th, 2008

#1 Post by Mentalbug »

Awwww, poor Trace, getting all sunked down!

I wonder what would happen if trace started using some dark magic... Would it not alter the big badass mana-battery crystal thingie?

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

Re: Comic for November 7th, 2008

#2 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

Seems our questions about Alaric are answered... He's not planning [censored]. Just sitting back and going along for the ride, or so it seems.
ImageImageImageImage

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#3 Post by Nuff »

Oh he's planning something or other...

Yay, now we know for sure how the towers work.

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#4 Post by Yakamaru »

We'll probably find out a little more next week. Now we got to know a little on how the tower works, and that Trace might end up as a normal human.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Do they really think that will work? That platform has epic fail all over it! Well great comic anyways, Tom keep it up.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#6 Post by Tuna »

Heh...considering Trace's history of blowing up towers simply while powering up, yeah...they may have underestimated him here...

Which is odd - one would think the Master Architect would know Trace better than that...

Hmmmmm...maybe he does...Trace powers up...the platform draws mana from him...the tower gets a massive jump-start...

Uh-oh...
:shock:

Roderick
Citizen

#7 Post by Roderick »

Basically the towers are really huge manastones.
Does that mean that Natani could use the tower, too? :shock:

EB from G
Council Member

#8 Post by EB from G »

Now we got an expository update: Like it! :wink:

So, we also got additional (if Tom doesn't stated it already here) info about the workings of mana-handling:

Much blue-green light => blue-green rhomb crystals (?). Yeah... MAGIC! :P

This mana-draining platform is IMO relatively unsecure: Trace probably can't escape her (and, according to Tuna's suggestion, just powers the Tower with a mana-burst up to do... something or other), but a second person (hint: fawn fur, girlfriend got D cups) could smash his chains (or the hole platform) freeing him.

And Nick: He just stands around, but his true plans (if he got some) likely unfolds in future comics.

Catherine_Puce
Apprentice

#9 Post by Catherine_Puce »

This is indeed a bold move to put him here. You don't put him in contact with a tower and expect no reaction. Trace was the strongest human magic user wven before he start to construct the towers. Did the architect tested how strong thwe draining power was? He blew up just by draining them so I fear the result of what could happen if he whill try to free himself. Also, the architect won't like it when Keith will free him, Trace won't be nice.

Je pari qu'aucun templier ne quitera l'île vivant.

S.P.P.

EB from G
Council Member

#10 Post by EB from G »

Catherine_Puce wrote:This is indeed a bold move to put him here. You don't put him in contact with a tower and expect no reaction. Trace was the strongest human magic user wven before he start to construct the towers. Did the architect tested how strong thwe draining power was? He blew up just by draining them so I fear the result of what could happen if he whill try to free himself. Also, the architect won't like it when Keith will free him, Trace won't be nice.
Because Master Architect was a member of Old Trace's Inner Circle, he knows Trace's abilities just too good and probably planned they in. So he want to use him as a blue-haired battery, or something like that...

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#11 Post by Yakamaru »

When Trace wakes up he will probably use the fact that the Tower is close to him, and reverse the draining prosess, giving him a ton of Mana, which he in turn can use on the Architect and the people with him.

And, considering that they try to drain the one who originally made the towers, is kinda frightening.. We'll see next week.

EB: Probably, but he doesn't know that Trace might be unpredictable, and that he have friends. For all we know, knowing too much about an enemy will eventually do more harm then good.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Cupil
Templar Master

#12 Post by Cupil »

:| I'm still iffy Randal, Sir. Stuff always seem to end in explosions with our heroes, maybe things will be different this time?

I wonder if Trace is just still knocked out from the bop on the head. Or if this mana siphoning thing is actually weakening him in a physical way? (There would definitely be a psychological effect in how spellcasters have a tendency to get bummed out when they can't do their magic anymore.) I doubt Randal has had very many opportunities to test his toy, unless I'm underestimating him and he might have tested it in the past on unruly mages as disciplinary action.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#13 Post by foxlord »

All I know is this isn't good...for anyone involved. The conclusion to the situation should be very interesting.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

EB from G
Council Member

#14 Post by EB from G »

Yakamaru wrote:When Trace wakes up he will probably use the fact that the Tower is close to him, and reverse the draining prosess, giving him a ton of Mana, which he in turn can use on the Architect and the people with him.

And, considering that they try to drain the one who originally made the towers, is kinda frightening...
Given the fact Randal is called Master Architect, he's likely the man who came up with the hole Tower plan and his implementation upon Old Trace's request.

The conversation was as follows:

OT: Ideas for the obliteration of the Keidrans and Basitins? Anybody?
MA: Well, we could install everywhere Towers which make blue crystalls...
OT: Terrific!
MA: Sir, one question: Why do you want that in the first place?
OT: I'm plain evil! See, I've got red spikes in my hair...
Yakamaru wrote: We'll see next week.
Or Tom uses the location skippingâ„¢ to show us next week Mike and Evals (please!). :wink:
Yakamaru wrote: EB: Probably, but he doesn't know that Trace might be unpredictable, and that he have friends. For all we know, knowing too much about an enemy will eventually do more harm then good.
If he would know to much about the rest of company they couldn't free him. :P

MadMann135
Merchant

#15 Post by MadMann135 »

where did I put my RPG?

Though this question comes in... How will our hero's get out of this prediciment.
ImageImage