Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Dreams

#1486 Post by Bellhead »

BadJoke wrote:A vision of the future?
I wouldn't worry about it. That's happened to me many-a-time, and NONE of my visions ever even came close. What sucks is that when I see these dreams, they are of my regular life, so I immediately check the comic after I wake up, to make sure it didn't happen.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#1487 Post by SkybornWG »

Bellhead wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. That's happened to me many-a-time, and NONE of my visions ever even came close. What sucks is that when I see these dreams, they are of my regular life, so I immediately check the comic after I wake up, to make sure it didn’t happen.
I’m afraid I’ll have to agree. Although I really don’t dream much (for whatever reason), I do recall dreaming of comic panels clearly made by Tom in his current style. I think one of these dream-panels was before the latest panel was posted, and it introduced a new character as well, although the character was completely different and didn’t recognize Flora or Trace. When woke up, I checked for an update, but there wasn’t one until either later that day or the next day. ^^;

That might be a bad example though, since I guess I somewhat predicted the future? :T

Ah well. *Teleports away*

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1488 Post by RennisTora »

Had a few dreams last night.

1. Had a dream about a boy meeting a dragon and a friendship ensues, in a modern day a setting though.
They met while he was still technically a child (around 12 I guess?) and as time passed he grew (obviously).
Childhood adventures ensued and there was something about the dragon being pursued by some group?
By the high point of the dream he was a young man (16-18 maybe?) and an awkward element was in the
mix of their relationship in the fact that the dragon was female, they could communicate by the way.
At one point he hid when he saw the shadow of the dragoness do to her following him around and
"bugging" him more than she used to, as with any setting like this that brings up confusion in those involved (clearly she wanted the D).
At some point the dragoness leaves (most likely in frustration?) and the young man comes across
some of the group pursuing her, he takes it upon himself to crush this part of the group both as
a way to vent his frustrations as well as to keep them away from her (it's not like I wanted to protect you, baka!).
I don't recall if they got back together before the dream ended, there was a fair bit of flying in the dream though.

2. Short GTA5 dream about the game physics being all weird and such.

3. Short dream similar to the whole "borrowers" setting with little people living amongst humans in their own little version of the world.
Seemed to be animated with the way things looked, at one point I recall seeing the cast of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

4. Some dystopian future dream with fantasy races like elves, werewolves, vampires, anthro rats/mice etcetera.
There was some plot of conspiracy in a tyrannical rule setting where the ones in charge weren't actually in charge with a shadow group?
Something about a princess being kidnapped in order to keep the royal family in line as they apposed the shadow group running things.
I was a side character in all this starting out as a simple student in university or something like that with a dorm, my roommate was
this girl with long purple hair stuck in a wheelchair and man she was pretty but no one payed attention to her...(may have been an elf?)
I recall a scene with her putting away some underwear a friend had given her as a joke, a purple thong of all things.
I walked in as she was holding them and she panicked shoving them into the drawer and closing it quickly, I sat on the
bed and recall teasing her about it asking what she'd been hiding though I had seen full well what it was.
Then I remember saying something along the lines of "that's a shame, purple's my favorite colour after all" and she kind of blushed a bit.
I actually did like her if memory serves though the situation was delicate to say the least while sharing a room and all.
The dream gradually got me more and more involved with the plot as I became caught up with some resistance group fighting back.
I recall eventually hearing about someone in our group being taken by the other group and later that we got them back so we
hurried to where they were supposed to be to meet up with them, it was a girl if memory serves and we were attached to them.
On the way we came across one of the high ranking members of the group stoned off his [censored] and wandering through the tunnels
below the city, we decided to take him out since we weren't going to be able to get past him otherwise plus his status.
I think he was a vampire but he was so far gone it didn't really matter, we also had numbers in our favor.
I recall sucker-punching him in the head sending him to the ground and another member of the team finishing him with magic.
I was supposed to be big and strong, can't recall if I was human or not though?

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1489 Post by RennisTora »

So um, I had one of those odd kind of dreams more so for what came after waking up...
Dreamt about a place called Windsor Castle, not the biggest but not small.
Creepy and spooky stuff started happening first with odd events followed by scary life and death type stuff.
Then I woke up and sat for a bit, decided to google it for laughs...
There's a place called Windsor Castle, not the biggest but not small...
The photos looked alarmingly similar to the location in the dream, as did the story of it being haunted...
I f*cking hate my brain sometimes, I didn't even know that place existed until today...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#1490 Post by Bellhead »

RennisTora wrote:So um, I had one of those odd kind of dreams more so for what came after waking up...
Creepy and spooky stuff started happening first with odd events followed by scary life and death type stuff.
The photos looked alarmingly similar to the location in the dream, as did the story of it being haunted...
I f*cking hate my brain sometimes, I didn't even know that place existed until today...
Sounds like somebody has telepathy. That would freak me out if I were you.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#1491 Post by SkybornWG »

Bellhead wrote:
RennisTora wrote:So um, I had one of those odd kind of dreams more so for what came after waking up...
That sounds more like clairvoyance than telepathy to me. Telepathy is reading someone’s emotions; clairvoyance is being able to see something that’s not in the same area as you.
Also, this sounds like the basic plot-line of a creepypasta o-o

asphere8
Master

#1492 Post by asphere8 »

Had an interesting dream the night after re-reading TwoKinds for the third time.
From what I remember it was about a film about some rich dude financing genetic research which creates an intelligent anthropomorphic wolf out of modified human DNA, which the movie then follows throughout its life in its attempt to be accepted by society as a person, showing that if people can think of something that isn't human as a person, why can't people accept other humans as people simply because of race/nationalism/ethnicity/religion/etc.?

Now that I think about it, it's sort of like a mashup of the plot of Freefall and Tom's reasons for beginning TwoKinds in the first place.
I apologize if my writing is sloppy. It's 4AM.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#1493 Post by SkybornWG »

asphere8 wrote:Had an interesting dream the night after re-reading TwoKinds for the third time.
From what I remember it was about a film about some rich dude financing genetic research which creates an intelligent anthropomorphic wolf out of modified human DNA, which the movie then follows throughout its life in its attempt to be accepted by society as a person, showing that if people can think of something that isn't human as a person, why can't people accept other humans as people simply because of race/nationalism/ethnicity/religion/etc.?

Now that I think about it, it's sort of like a mashup of the plot of Freefall and Tom's reasons for beginning TwoKinds in the first place.
I apologize if my writing is sloppy. It’s 4AM.
That dream rings the same bells in me as it does in you.
I think I remember having a dream similar to that, only with a fox, and it wasn’t in the form of a movie. I can’t be sure, because it was probably a while ago, seeing as I only remember bits and pieces of it now. I really need to keep a dream journal ^^;;

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1494 Post by RennisTora »

I finished watching the anime Nagi no Asukara last night, I think it had an effect on my dreams...
I recall seeing Tsumugu and Ojoshi for sure, possibly others but I can't be certain.
http://naginoasukara.wikia.com/wiki/Tsumugu_Kihara http://naginoasukara.wikia.com/wiki/Ojoshi-sama
They weren't themselves in the terms of the characters from the anime, they looked like them and even had the names that's it.
Ojoshi was supposed to have been a princess that went into a long slumber quite some time ago, Tsumugu was a butler or some such?
I recall figuratively bumping into her while she was trying to see how the world had changed and realized who she was from the news.
Things happened and I ended up in her service mostly as a guide but things were kind of awkward, mostly because she was cute/pretty.
I remember more or less slowly falling in love with her to the point of even feeling a little jealous at times.
At some point this became clear to her after someone kissed her hand and I looked away with a blank expression, she then
kissed me on the cheek which took me and those around us by surprise to say the least.
I recall blushing ear to ear and trying to figure out what exactly just happened, in the end I believe it was along the lines of her
no longer having a kingdom to rule so technically speaking she wasn't royalty or something along those lines.
She was leading by the hand at one point and I was just kind of being pulled along while embarrassed though happy at the scene.
I think that she herself was happy that someone had those feelings for her, either for the fact that she'd never had that before
or that she thought no one would after she'd been asleep for so long and was technically no longer a princess?
I remember a lady attendant of hers as well but can't recall if she was someone from the show?

Now that I think about it, that whole anime reminded me of a dream I had back in March of 2014...
I shared it one here actually http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... start=1275 from the 10th.
When I think back to how the place looked in my dream, I can only think that it looked a lot like the town(s) from the anime?
Stranger still is that when I had that dream the anime was still airing and not finished yet, only started watching it recently though.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1495 Post by RennisTora »

SkybornWG wrote:
Bellhead wrote:
That sounds more like clairvoyance than telepathy to me. Telepathy is reading someone’s emotions; clairvoyance is being able to see something that’s not in the same area as you.
Actually telepathy is specifically reading anothers thoughts, you're thinking of being empathic to read their emotions. But yeah, I'm aware of the creepy factor in all this... ._.

asphere8
Master

#1496 Post by asphere8 »

SkybornWG wrote:That dream rings the same bells in me as it does in you.
I think I remember having a dream similar to that, only with a fox, and it wasn’t in the form of a movie. I can’t be sure, because it was probably a while ago, seeing as I only remember bits and pieces of it now. I really need to keep a dream journal ^^;;
Hm. Strangely enough for me, this was the first time in years I've actually been able to remember even having a dream, much less remembering its contents.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#1497 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

RennisTora wrote:
SkybornWG wrote:
Bellhead wrote:
Actually telepathy is specifically reading anothers thoughts, you're thinking of being empathic to read their emotions. But yeah, I'm aware of the creepy factor in all this... ._.
What are thoughts, but emotions in words?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#1498 Post by Bellhead »

I had this dream where I saw the next chapter cover and a lot of relevant art.

The next chapter was titled "the end", and featured each pair of characters in group A, all with worried looks. Mike and evals were both naked, and both looked like females, Kat was holding Eric, Flora was nervously holding Trace, and Trace looked like he was preparing to fend off an attack.

I remember Tom's Twitter feed saying something like "Sorry for such a lame title, but I think it works."

And of course I was overjoyed to wake up, check the comic, and find out that none of it was real.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#1499 Post by BadJoke »

Bellhead wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. That's happened to me many-a-time, and NONE of my visions ever even came close. What sucks is that when I see these dreams, they are of my regular life, so I immediately check the comic after I wake up, to make sure it didn't happen.
I know, I know. I was just kidding.

And actually it's better that way. Because once I dreamed about having my arm cut off (I even felt some sort of pain in my shoulder when I woke up just after that) and another time I dreamed about Sansa killing Tyrion (any GoT fan would understand)...
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1500 Post by RennisTora »

Had a number of dreams, can only recall a couple of them clearly now though...

1. Had a dream I was sight seeing in Japan though unlike the other dreams I've had of that nature I was with someone else
instead of being alone for this one, it was one of my brothers and we were walking around Tokyo taking in the sights.
Saw some cosplay going on at one location that seemed to be for an event of some sort.
Something about Digimon, could have been in celebration of the new Digimon Adventure tri coming out soon now that I think about it?
Hard to believe its been over 15 years now since the original Digimon Adventure series, I feel old now...

2. Had a fantasy dream set in a world with humans, elves, orcs, spirits, gods etcetera.
I was hunting or otherwise searching for things when I came across what looked like a large rust coloured dog in chains and a muzzle.
It looked spooked to say the least and like it was running from something, didn't look dangerous though so I approached it.
After managing to calm it down and get it back to my place I saw to figuring out why it was in bondage like that.
After getting a closer look at the creature it became clear it was not a dog but rather a large fox which was even more
perplexing as to why/how someone would place it in bonds, the situation was made all the more confusing when the muzzle
was removed and the fox spoke (I will resist a WHAT THE FOX SAY reference as best I can) in a clear manner.
It seemed that the fox had been captured by orc/goblin types in the forest that was once it's peaceful home.
I forget if the fox was simply some type of magical beast or was in some way tied to the forest like a minor god?
I do remember that they spoke in a clear male voice however, they did a lot of talking as they were grateful.