Twokinds Revolution (OOC sign up)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

Twokinds Revolution (OOC sign up)

#1 Post by nsamok6620 »

The year is 2255, and the battle between human and non-human still rages on. The Keidran put up a tough fight but were ultimately crushed by the human forces, and only a small guerilla force remains. Trace, Flora and Co. disappeared into Lynn Knoll long ago. The Basitin people were lulled into a false sense of security when they signed a treaty with the humans, but the peace didn’t last. The humans for reasons unknown to the Basitins landed on their shores and staged an all out attack. Their attack was instantly annihilated by the Basitin’s superior skills in the art of war. However the Basitins saw this attack so heinous that the eastern and western people joined forces to fight against the human threat and brought the fight to them.

The war has not gotten any better as the technology is advanced. With the invention of firearms in 1950, things got much, much worse. The two sides took their weapons technology in two different directions. The Basitins made the most effective and efficient killing machines, where as the humans incorporated their ability to use magic into their firearms. Whether it is enchanting bullets or directing a large amount of energy into a high-explosive charge, they’ve done it all. One thing the humans didn’t take into account somewhere along the line is the Basitin’s resistance to most if not all toxins. Huge chunks of countryside are now entirely uninhabitable thanks to toxic gas. From then on the humans were known for their standard issue gas masks.

Basitin Weapons:
Assault Rifle- Medium caliber, mid- to low rate of fire. (Comparable to the HK G3) Very accurate to medium range. (Could be considered a marksman’s rifle)
Pistols- Large caliber auto-revolver. Comparable to the mateba unica 6) Also a semi-auto in a caliber that has just slightly worse ballistics than the revolver, but only holds ten rounds.
LMGs- 100 round belt fed. Shoots the same round as the assault rifle at a slightly higher rate of fire.

Human Weapons:
Assault Rifle- Smaller caliber, higher rate of fire. (Comparable to the M4 family of rifles) Not as accurate at range.
Pistols- Unless specially requested, no revolvers. The pistol is small caliber and can be switched to full auto, but looses all accuracy what it is fired as such. (Comparable Glock 18 in 9mm)
LMGs- There are two, one that shoots the same round as the assault rifle at a high rate of fire (200 rounds), and one that shoots a larger round at a slower rate (100 rounds).

If you want to augment them with magic, you can do so if your character possesses that ability; just don’t be stupid about it. The most common enchantment for the humans is HE rounds. But they tear up the barrel and can only shoot a few clips before you need a total rebuild of the rifle.

If you want a gun not listed here, just run it by me with a comparison of a gun in the real world.

You are a soldier caught up in the war, what you do will shape the outcome

Rules:
No god-modding or you're in for a surprise
Try to have decently long posts, no one-liners please
You know the rest

Appearance: A picture if preferable, but a description if fine too
Name:
Faction: Loyalist or resistance? (Only a few resistance chars will be accepted, first come first served)
Rank/type of soldier (infantryman etc. both factions ust the US army ranking system):
Equipment:
Skills: Are you good in hand-to-hand combat? A particularly good shot?
Personality:
Bio:
Misc: Anything else you do not think fits in any of the other categories

In the end I have the final say in what happens. So if you are being stupid, I won’t hesitate to kick your butt out.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Twokinds Revolution (OOC sign up)

#2 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Could go for this.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Nightfury
Templar Master

#3 Post by Nightfury »

This is me expressing intrigue.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#4 Post by redundant_redundant »

I know that I'm already in, this is just a sticky.
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

RajinGeki
Council Member

#5 Post by RajinGeki »

Pre-Approved

Appearance: Stands at 5'11.
Name: Roland Eld
Race: Human
Faction: Merc for the Basitins.
Equipment: Sniper rifle(like a PSG-1A1), handgun(like a Desert Eagle .50), backpack, extra mags for both guns, canteen of water, four MREs, knife, silencer, and a small gas mask that fits over his mouth without hindering him when aiming.
Skills: Superb sniper with great aim, basic CQC with a knife and black belt in hapkido, stealth expert, survival training, and torture.
Personality: Cold when he needs to be for his job, but nice to most people. He will finish the job he was payed for or die trying.
Bio: Both of his parents were killed when he was a child and helped make the man Roland is now. This made him follow the simple life that there are the ones that survive and the ones that die. So he became a survivor with hard training and determination. The current war has given him a good soucre of work. The Basitins payed better than the humans and gave him a steady job. Although a few Basitins don't really like him for being a Merc that doesn't follow all of their rules.
Misc: Roland isn't really as bad as he seems though.
Image Image

Sparky1123
Apprentice

#6 Post by Sparky1123 »

I'll put up a CS later today, preferably when I'm on my laptop
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.
William Shakespeare

ImageImage
Help dragon 5? :)

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#7 Post by nsamok6620 »

Slight change. The Basitin auto-revolver is sought after by the humans like a trophy like the Luger in WWII. However, the same rules apply: if a human is captured by the Basitins and is in possession of an auto-revolver, they are shot on site.

Also, I'll be posting my CS shortly.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#8 Post by redundant_redundant »

edit: pre-approved

Appearance: this is him this is "the Lantern"
Name: Willahelm Kantor
Faction: Resistance (used to be high-ranking human legion)
Rank/type of soldier (infantryman etc): ex Lt. Colonel
Equipment: twin magic pistols Klunker and Ofen (ice and fire)
Skills: small arms, enchanting, limited necromancy.
Personality: Will tends to keep to him self. An Iconoclast at best, He seems to almost be allergic to the opposite sex, and intolerant of his own
Bio: after his standardized education, Will attended a military academy, getting moderate grades, and joined the human legion. he quickly rose through the ranks, not bothering for the politics of other people. as soon as plans where laid to attack bastions, Will bailed. The Bastion Military denied him access, purely because he was human, and then his plight fell with the kiedran resistance. They accepted him, arms wide, and he quickly fell in love with a Vixen.
A raid on one of the Resistance's supply caches ended that romance, and the Vixens life. sense then, Will only speaks when spoken too.
Misc: being a necromancer, albeit a weak one, Will is plagued by his past loves spirit, which follows him around in a lantern of pale red light. neither of them speak her name. yet... also, he has this tattoo on his back, the mark of necromancy

Also, seems how Nick here handed me the job, I am co-gm along with Gabe
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

- Chocolate

Sparky1123
Apprentice

#9 Post by Sparky1123 »

Pre-approved via PM

Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=general ... 4#/d1mmzn3 Only with grey eyes, black hair with grey streaks, and a scar reaching from next to his left eyes down to his chin. 6 feet.
Name: General Henry Falcon
Faction: Absolute loyalist
Rank/type of soldier: General
Equipment: Desert Eagle pistol (or equivalent)
Skills: A brilliant tactical mind, quite a good shot with a pistol, surprisingly strong in hand-to-hand combat, interrogation.
Personality: Totally ruthless, completely despises Basitin and Keidran and has no problem with killing male, female or children of either species.
Bio: At 16 the small village he was living in was attacked and everybody living there was slaughtered, he only survived as he was out hunting at the time. When the Templars arrived at the charred shell of his home they took him in and tutored him until he was 18, when he officially joined their ranks, where he rose up quickly through the ranks. He is now a hugely respected general who is the main figure in charge of anti-Basitin and Keidran activities, along with counter-revolutionary movements
Misc: He has no Keidran slaves, despite this being the apparent trend with many Templars
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.
William Shakespeare

ImageImage
Help dragon 5? :)

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#10 Post by nsamok6620 »

First off, until more people join the main factions, no more resistance members will be excepted.

Appearance: http://nsamok6620.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4b87t0
Name: Seth
Race: Basitin
Faction: Ex. Basitin military, now with resistance.
Rank/type of soldier: Ex. Sergeant, Infantryman.
Equipment: Standard issue human rifle with optical sight and grenade launcher (un-trained in use of the launcher, and only a few rounds) Snub-nosed revolver spring loaded in his sleeve. A few MREs, but because he is on a base, they aren’t too important. Performance and aesthetic prosthetic right leg. Brass knuckles. Three throwing knives (untrained) His father’s auto revolver in a more rare caliber that is quite a bit larger than the standard issue (currently it is broken, he keeps it for sentimental value, but has a box of ammo for it). Simple combat knife (similar to a KBAR). All human standard issue apparel, including gas mask, helmet, and backpack.
Skills: Pretty good shot, though his experience is with Basitin firearms, not human. He is a very good survivalist. Though, now that he has found a camp, he is seeking other skills. Basic knowledge of all things mechanical.

Bio: When he was a child, both his parents were murdered, the culprit was never caught. Since then he has never liked violence, which was a problem since all Basitin males are required to join the military. Because he had no other family, the military took him in early. Despite this, he never got above the rank of Sergeant because of his dislike of violence. Finally, he was framed for murder and was set to be executed, but a good friend helped him escape. After being on his own for months he met up with the resistance, but not before having his leg blown off by a land mine.
Personality: When he is not depressed by his past, Seth is a nice person to be around. But he is often times found sitting by himself staring into space with the look of sorrow in his eyes. When confronted about it, he brushes it off like its nothing. He is a scavenger, and will take anything he finds in the field that he thinks may be useful in the future.
Misc: On two separate events, Seth has come close to death. While unconscious he sees a mysterious figure that has said that he can’t die yet because he has important things to do still. Seth has no idea what this being is or what it means by important things.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#11 Post by redundant_redundant »

start advertising, guys

- Chocolate

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

I think it's time I got back into RPing. Expect CS soon.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#13 Post by Phantom »

Im interested. Here is a character sheet!

Appearance: large build man, Broad shoulders, 1,8m tall with ash blonde hair. He can be intimidating at times.
Name:Johan Smith
Faction: Loyalist Soldier, Loyal to the army, not the templars
Rank/type of soldier: Infantry Sergeant
Equipment: dual SIG P210 pistols
Skills:During his time in the lower ranks, Johan was a skilled tactician. He always found the best ways to overcome his enemies, thou he was not very talented with a rifle, he always prefered his handgun, often causing himself problems with his supiriors
Personality: He is a very patient man, but the men who serve under him know that he also has a very dark side to him. He can be cruel at times, while totaly innocent another. He always pushes the men in his squad to reach their objectives with remarkable success
Bio: Johan always liked being in the army. Even thou other would only join up if they couldn't find any other things to do. However, Johan signed up all enthusiasticly and was happy to be there. He took part in many operations, not impressing his supiriors with his rifle skills, but with his tactical skills, Johan was promoted and given command of a recon squad. He and his squad were skilled in what they did, always appearing and then disappearing among the landscape. And thus, his squad earned their nickname of "The Phantoms" ((Ye a bit cheesy =P but what cna i say, im swiss and i love cheese!)). One of the perks he loved, was not haveing to use his rifle, but opted instead to use dual pistols. Over his years of service, Johan was hit a couple of times, twice in the shoulder and once in the leg. He still is in duty to this day. Over his career, Johan didn not take part in politics, always believe that the battlefield was no place for politicians.
Misc: Theme song

EDIED: got a brilliant idea!! here is a pic

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#14 Post by redundant_redundant »

phantom is pre-approved

- Chocolate

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#15 Post by Jay-Say »

Pre-approved via p.m.

Appearance: 5'8" (172.7 cm)
Name: Franklin Dempsy Markinco
Race: Keidran Wolf
Faction: Keidran Guerilla Forces
Rank/type of soldier: Scout
Equipment: Machete, combat knife, pistol (similar to a Tokarev TT-33), shotgun (similar to a KS-23)
Skills: Weapon smith, C.Q.C, melee weapons, stealth
Personality: A "glass half-filled" person. Has a deep hatered toward humans.
Bio: Franklin is one of the few members left of his Wolf tribe after the genocide attempt of the Keidrans. Taught be his father, he learned the ways of a scout; how to stay hidden, C.Q.C technics, and how to "talk" himself of a compromise. Whenever he isn't watching enemy movement or stealing supplies, he finds himself timkering with weapons and trying to create new ones to use in battle.
Misc: Has a scar on the right side of his face from testing one of his experimental hand grenades. He keeps his right eye covered most of the time, althought it can still function.