-- This is a repost from the News Bulletin board. This will be the rules that are enforced from now on. And no I didn't write them. ~Yash10/27/2009
-- New rules have been added regarding avatars and signatures. Current rules have been fleshed out for better understanding. Please note they have not changed in any way. ~FastChapter
1. Do not discuss or promote illegal activities. (i.e. Threats of physical harm or property damage, illicit drug use including medical marijuana)
- Threats of suicide and self-injury are not allowed. If you need help, hotlines like http://www.hopeline.com are vastly better equipped to assist you.
- No cryptic posts. Using subtle phrasing to "skirt" the rules is not permitted.
2. Do not post images or comments that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar content. Racial and sexual slurs are grounds for an immediate ban, without warning.
- Posts with the sole purpose of flaming another person will be removed. This is a forum open to many different ideas, cultures and communities. If you have a disagreement, express it with the same level of dignity and respect you would expect to receive. Debates and discussions are welcome. Flaming and unbridled hatred are not.
- Furry hating is not tolerated, under any circumstance. Any members seen using anti-furry hate speech will be banned immediately. If you aren't interested in the furry fandom, don't turn it into an excuse to alienate other members.
- Do not submit lewd or nude images of a person or character under the age of eighteen. Sexual and sensual material that focuses on underaged characters is prohibited. If you're second-guessing an image, DON'T POST IT.
- "Cub" artwork constitutes a form of child pornography and is strictly prohibited.
3. No personal or business advertisements are permitted unless OK'd by Tom or the Forum Staff. Any unauthorized advertisements will be considered "spam" and removed. Spam is defined as linking a website for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting a product or service without the expressed permission of the Forum Staff. These include other forums and spoof webcomics.
- Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
- Profile and signature links must be appropriate and abide by forum rules or they will be removed.
- Links may be posted if the poster has no vested interest in the website, and whose purpose is not to solicit, advertise or fund raise.
4. Do not link any website or create a username which violates forum rules.
5. Limit one account per person. Usage of multiple accounts is prohibited and will result in administrative action on both accounts.
- An exception to this rule can be made if a member's account experiences a breach in security.
6. No posting copyrighted material, except with the permission of the owner.
7. Do not upload material unsuitable for minors. Clearly
label potentially unsafe links with a brief description of the content that lies ahead. (i.e. NSFW Warning: Nudity, gore, adult content, language, violence, etc...
- Do not leave these links untagged to give them "shock value."
- Do not link material described in Rule #2.
- Use common sense! This forum is frequently accessed by members at school, at work and in family settings!
8. Do not disrespect the Forum Staff. If you disagree with a particular rule or method, please feel welcome to talk to us about it with civility. We aren't corporate juggernauts, we're a ragtag group of volunteers that are open to suggestions and criticism. We would appreciate any concerns to be sent to us via private message, so we can handle any problems as quickly as possible.
- If voicing a concern, please be sure to supply us with as much relevant information as you can. Links to key threads or member profiles are extremely helpful!
- If no staff members are online, be sure to use the button found on every post to report a problem, and we will help as soon as we log in.
9. No shouting! Overzealous use of italics, large font size and Caps Lock are on par with shouting and is considered rude. Not to mention it's hard to read.
10. No double-posting. If you accidentally hit "Submit" twice, delete the extra post if you are able. If not, use the
button to report your duplicate post and a staff member will be happy to remove it.
11. Stay on topic. Each thread has its own topic of discussion, and should deviate as little as possible. If the thread has exhausted itself, and a new discussion arises, please create a new thread for it. For convenience, you may want to link the new thread at the end of the old one.
- Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator's discretion.
12. Any forum games should be taken to the Ranting Board, under the Forum Games
section. This section is limited to six (6) active game threads. Additional threads will be removed. Detailed rules can be found in the Forum Games section, here.
13. All moderators and administrators have the final say in all matters, period.Avatars & Signatures
- Avatars are limited to 250x250 pixels, or 300kb.
- Signature are limited to 800x200 pixels.
- Signatures are limited to five (5) hyperlinks per member.
- Be concise. Try to keep the total word count in a signature to fifty (50).
- Do not upload any images to your avatar or signature that contain sex, gore or violent content.
- Do not upload any images that violates the terms of service of the host website.
- Do not upload any images or links that violate any of the forum rules.
- Images used that feature an underaged character or person must be fully clothed, and may not be in the process of or preparing to undress.
Any member breaking, or attempting to break these rules will be issued a warning that will appear as a Private Message upon login. If left unchanged, the user will have their avatar and/or signature removed. Any further violation of these rules will result in a permanent revocation of avatar and signature privileges, or in severe cases, banning from the forum.