Hey, there

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Ipurgepeople

Hey, there

#1 Post by Ipurgepeople »

Hello, everyone! I've been considering the idea of joining these forums for months now, but didn't feel that I had anything to contribute until now. I'll put said contribution in the appropriate board, so don't worry.

Anyway, Everyone but my family calls me Purge, so you guys can too. I'm a 23 year old dude who is currently a caretaker for my half-paralyzed grandfather (He had a stroke back in '06). Other than that I don't really have a job as living out in the middle of nowhere (Or as I like to call it, the "Cornsea") doesn't exactly mean good news in the job department, traditional or otherwise.

I'm a gamer, writer, amateur webdesigner, forum junkie, and soon-to-be webcomic maker! No, I won't advertise it, and it won't be ready for release for some time anyway. Anyway, if I were to share one interesting thing about me, it would be that when I was a kid I got to drive a real train. I couldn't pull the rope for the horn though, no matter how hard I pulled, :( Other than that, I am a pretty unremarkable guy. I sit in my room most days and play games, read comics, or watch anime. Oh, and I'm known to make extremely long forum posts...

I found TwoKinds while on vacation last October (2013) and my buddy, who I was visiting, and I got hooked immediately. We've been avid readers ever since.

I better cut this short now before I turn this into something way too long. Nice to meet you all!

ajwilli1
Apprentice

Re: Hey, there

#2 Post by ajwilli1 »

W-w-welcome to the forums.... it's all fun here. RUN WHILE YOU CAN BEFORE TINYVOICES GETS YOU!
You'll love it, even though I haven't been here long... so don't mind me.

Also what kinda games are you into? And how is your grandfather?

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by minime »

Hello and welcome to the forums. :flora:
Have fun and enjoy your stay. :flora:
:flora:

Zylver
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Zylver »

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay! :kathrin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Ketzal »

doooooood, welcome!

Gotta ask what your tastes are in games, right off the bat

obi-wan
Templar Master

#6 Post by obi-wan »

welcome and enjoy your stay in the forums
May the force be with you

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by BadJoke »

Welcome aboard.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Ipurgepeople

#8 Post by Ipurgepeople »

My tastes in games are mainly RPGs and MMOs. I do like Borderlands 2 and even some Call of Duty now and then, but I've never been big on shooters.

Recently I've been playing Skyrim, TESO, Neverwinter (MMO), Path of Exile, and Minecraft. I'm eagerly awaiting Final Fantasy 15, which will either renew my interest in the franchise or firmly kill it for me once and for all.

As per how my gramps is, he's healthier than I am at 79 years old and half paralyzed, lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

ajwilli1
Apprentice

#9 Post by ajwilli1 »

How is TESO? I've been hearing mixed opinions on it, give me something other than Dark Souls 2 to do. Glad to hear your grandfather is doing good.

Ipurgepeople

#10 Post by Ipurgepeople »

Well, ESO is REALLY fun to play. It feels like a mix between Skyrim and an MMO.

But... there are lots of major technical problems. Just this weekend there was a bank meltdown and people lost most of their items in their bank.
Then yesterday someone was streaming a guild bank exploit that allowed him to get millions of gold and duplicate items, so they shut down guild banks, but the issue becomes... everyone started doing it, so the market is totally ruined. How are they going to go about dealing with this situation? We can only speculate.

Silly bugs like not getting credit for achievements, and buggy skill trees are causing problems. But, for casual play it's playable, and really fun, if a bit frustrating at the way it doesn't lead you to quests your level like most MMOs. For example, I had to do a string of level 7 and 8 quests before a level 5 quest opened up which led to a chain of about a dozen level 5 quests. It was frustrating.

Furthermore, if you skip... ANY quests or do too many high level quests before you finish the lower level quests you end up in a situation where the onyl quests you have are 4-6 levels above you, and you're forced to either grind or PVP for levels. Grinding is extremely inefficient in ESO, and pvp is just not everyone's forte (certainly isn't mine!), so you really want to take it slow and be careful to do quests in the right order.

But it is fun. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast playing it! Until this whole item duplication glitch, even with the technical issues this was still a smooth launch as far as MMOs are concerned. I remember WoW's launch... it was horrible for almost 3 months.

ajwilli1
Apprentice

#11 Post by ajwilli1 »

So wait three months then buy ESO, got it.

Ipurgepeople

#12 Post by Ipurgepeople »

ajwilli1 wrote:So wait three months then buy ESO, got it.
I'd give it 6 months personally. That was my plan, but my buddies decided, after I told them not to, to buy me the game last week.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#13 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Well, hey! Sorry to be so late to the party, but I just stumbled back into the Internet. You and I sound like very similar people. If you could, check out my story on the Story Board (it's called War of the Dark ones). That or you can check my profile to find my most common thread. I'll ask that you leave al but one weapon at the door, that you enjoy your stay, and that when you happen upon our waitress, you give her a good slap on the buttocks.THE WAITRESS WOULD BE MUDPUNISHERTrust me. They live for it.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.