Yo Wallpapers and Stuff

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Braken
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: ..

Yo Wallpapers and Stuff

#1 Post by Braken »

This thread used to be dedicated to both visual and musical art, however I dropped the idea of learning how to use FL Studio so it's all visuals now. Ignore the posts with deleted links, you won't be able to find the sound clips. The links were expired anyways so yeah.

Other than that you'll find most of my good work after page 1. Feel free to download them and use them as wallpapers or whatever.

Most of my images are not designed to be stock. I do support sharing work but please let me know that you are using one of my images for your own work before you do.

This thread updates slowly because I like to hold on to my work for a while to fine tune it. You'll notice that most of my uploads are in spaced out bursts.

Enjoy and leave any comment, positive or negative.

Braken
Merchant

Re: Affinity Beats Audio and Visual Arts

#2 Post by Braken »

Already got a quick little thing here! That was quick.. So I made a simple image using a green and black gradient and some yellow lines.

The next thing I did was add some distortions and then I expanded from there and got 6 outcomes. I'll share my favorite three with you guys. One of them (not sure which one yet) will be used as a background for a video I plan on making. It'll be simple; Image, an EQ in the middle, some words, and a song. Not sure when I'll have a song nor am I sure my first song will even be good enough for someone to at least lie and say it's good :P

So here they are, the starting image and my three favorite outcomes:

Start:

Outcome #1:

Outcome #3:

Outcome #6:

This is basically what you can expect in terms of my visual art.

Braken
Merchant

#3 Post by Braken »

Alright here it is. I got a little carried away and actually managed to make something that I kinda like. It's not phenomenal, but it's not horrible for my first sound. Give it a few seconds to get intense, it starts off quiet and weak so don't turn your volume up too much, it gets a little loud. Tell me what you think!

----->Removed because it was so painfully awful. Enjoy the art instead.<-----

Braken
Merchant

#4 Post by Braken »

Audio sample two:
This one is a bit longer and doesn't blend super well. I'm keeping it around because when I figure this program out better, I'll be able to do something with it.

Note: Debating whether I should make the end a little lower in pitch, thoughts? I also plan on adding a beat to the end later as well.

Braken
Merchant

#5 Post by Braken »

Little update for those of you who have been interested in this:
I've been making a lot of short clips of sounds recently in an attempt to learn how to use FL and how to work with presets. I just now finished what I think will be the start of a relatively light song. By that I mean it won't be full of wild sounds, synths, and heavy dubstep-like bass, but it will have a clean ambient sound playing in the back and a cool sounding piano effect I found, as well as a few other sounds as I progress through this song. I won't have this done anytime soon, but if I really commit to this song and put a lot of time into it, I might have it done by Friday next week. I'm swamped with schoolwork however so that's not super likely.

I'll hopefully finish the first part of the song by the end of the night (I only have one more thing I want to throw in). I'll share it with you guys when it's done.

Braken
Merchant

#6 Post by Braken »

Alright, here's what I got so far. As you can tell, it's not done and I'm planning on doing some more editing before I move on to the next part of the song. The end of it right now is just left over beats that I haven't done anything with yet. Enjoy!

(Current cut ends at 1:30, the rest is just beat)

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by avwolf »

Wow, Braken, that's really quite nice. Very reminiscent of classic video game BGM, though not chiptunes specifically. I have to admit I favor the ephemeral intro sound more than the more mechanical or industrial sound that the song gets into, but it's very good throughout. Thanks for sharing it with us!

If you're still looking for help with learning FL, you could try PMing Nuff or Tigron, I think they both use FL in their work and might be able to provide some tips and tricks.

Braken
Merchant

#8 Post by Braken »

avwolf wrote:Wow, Braken, that's really quite nice. Very reminiscent of classic video game BGM, though not chiptunes specifically. I have to admit I favor the ephemeral intro sound more than the more mechanical or industrial sound that the song gets into, but it's very good throughout. Thanks for sharing it with us!

If you're still looking for help with learning FL, you could try PMing Nuff or Tigron, I think they both use FL in their work and might be able to provide some tips and tricks.
Thanks! I've noticed that just about every sound clip I've made sounds like it would suit video games pretty well. A lot of my unshared stuff sounds like it's straight out of Final Fantasy games. The sudden shift in the song will sound much better when I add some transitions, until then it's all just kinda of bunched together. Thanks again for the feedback and suggestion!

Braken
Merchant

#9 Post by Braken »

*wipe*

Braken
Merchant

#10 Post by Braken »

I'm back! Where did I go? Well I may or may not have forgotten to scan a few legal copies of Adobe products and my computer may or may not have had a virus for a while. This virus caused my computer to crash whenever I opened up a .jpg, .bmp, .png, .PSD, .mp3, .wav, basically any media file.. I had to backup and delete all of my media, uninstall several programs, reinstall my drivers..twice, and just in general do a clean up.

Good news, I still have several photoshop pictures that I can share once I can get them off of Google Drive and convert them. Bad news, I'm still working on reinstalling FL Studio and Adobe CS6. I should be back in business by Monday. Moral of the story, don't always trust reputable torrents, always install to a flash drive, and seeders are still dangerous! Oh, and always scan!

I'm back baby.
Spoiler!

Braken
Merchant

#11 Post by Braken »

It's 5 AM and who need's sleep!?

I got FL Studio back! I've been trying too hard to make industrial sounding music when I'm definitely not ready for it. There's still a lot I need to learn, so I've decided to tone it down a bit. I put all of my other work aside and started working on something a little bit calmer. It wasn't super hard to make, I'm just stumped and don't know what to do next. I edited the end a bit so it sounds like it has an outro, that will be removed once I have more material for the song.

I've also switched from Vocaroo.com to UploadMusic.org after I realized that Vocaroo has been killing the treble in my songs..

*Warning: It's on autoplay and starts with a pretty loud treble line. Turn your volume down before you click :mrgreen:

This was a lot more fun to make than anything else I've done so far. My goal is to switch over to this style of music and get a nice collection going of stuff like this. Simple stuff that sounds good and can be looped. I can imagine this song being used for someone's indie game once it's done. I feel like it would go great with a simple 2D platformer, maybe a puzzle based game. Thoughts anyone?

Braken
Merchant

#12 Post by Braken »

*wipe*

Braken
Merchant

#13 Post by Braken »

*wipe*

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

This is.. beautiful... Such cute..

Love it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Braken
Merchant

#15 Post by Braken »

Lol thanks :P