Another bad NASCAR/Twokinds crossover

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Another bad NASCAR/Twokinds crossover

#1 Post by jacobc62 »

So I'm making a racetrack for the NASCAR game I play (NASCAR Racing 2003 Season), and I'm setting it in a fan-fictional setting for Lyn'knoll, set roughly 20 years after a non-canonical event took place shortly after both Group A and Group B arrived at the village. This story is to describe theevents that have transpired in the setting for the track, that I felt I should share with you to see what you guys think. And yes, I do plan on finishing this project I'm working on unlike my previous 4 or 5 attempts....... Little notes will be after each paragraph and will be slightly smaller than normal text and italicized.

Westgate Mekkan Speedpark
A backstory of the new racetrack and the Westgate District of Lyn'knoll by Jacob Craigo
      A little more than 20 years ago, our heroes of the main comic arrived safely in the small town of Lyn'knoll and began new, peaceful lives. However, a couple weeks after that, a portal to the west opened to a world that no one could imagine, one with technology and advancements in medical science beyond that known to man.... A planet simply called by it's inhabitants "Earth".

Earth year: 1985..... Most of us here on the forum weren't even born yet.

Amazingly enough, with the right people communicating bewteen worlds, no wars were fought between the two worlds. Instead, an open trade route was begun. Templar went over to teach individuals the basics in magic usage, and Basitins helped military sanctions of the allied nations to strengthen their respective forces, and in return, those living in Mekkan recieved large amounts of technology and medical supplies that allowed all three races to live much longer (Well, humans not so much). Over the years, Lyn'knoll grew from small villiage to large urban area.

Keidran weren't really much of a help, considering the only race on Earth were humans and well.... Keidran eventually warmed up to us.

In the Earth year 1995 AD, Earth sports became super popular on Mekkan. In 2003 AD, the Basitin Strikers won the World Series. The following year, the Lyn'knoll Dragons won the Super Bowl. However, one sport became more famous than any other - The sport of stock-car racing. When NASCAR and ARCA started being broadcast to those living in Mekkan, people instantly fell in love with the sport where drivers would beat and bang their cars almost every lap trying to gain the advantage over their rivals, some of these producing fantastic finishes such as the 2003 Mountain Dew 500 at Darlington Raceway. When it was announced in late Earth Year 2010 AD that the Westgate District of Lyn'knoll, which was made up of mostly those from Earth who wished to live in Mekkan, that a track would be built for NASCAR, fans throughout the entire world were thrilled.

There was also a NHL arena built, but the team (Lyn'knoll Snow Wolves) hasn't won a Stanley Cup yet.

Construction of the track began late 2012, early 2013. Also, NASCAR announced a new series that catered to those from both worlds. This, of course, was the NASCAR Anthro Racing Series, and while the track was to have Sprint Cup and Nationwide racing on it as well, the track was mainly for Anthro Racing competition. The track was named Westgate Mekkan Speedpark (Westgate Speedpark for short) due to it's location and the amount of activities around the track. Construction was officially completed in late 2014, early 2015.

So far, my league/series has been a success of the two years/seasons it has ran. Zen of the Forest Wolf Tribe won the 2014 championship. Yes, the same Zen who is tied up to a tree right now in-comic. Also, the Nationwide Series is now the Xfinity series as of next year IRL, so I'll be referring to it as so.

With the track being able to be raced on, despite construction not being complete in the outer areas, several testing sessions for all 4 of NASCAR's top divisions (Cup, Xfinity, Anthro Racing, and Trucks) at the track. Driver reviews of the track and the racing had mixed results. Some enjoyed it and look forward to racing on it, others hated it and wished that the potential races on it could be delayed so the track could be rebanked, or widened out, or other things. Out of all of the testing sessions ran on it, only 3 wrecks happened with only one injury coming from a safety worker who sprained his ankle after she tripped while walking to the scene of one of those wrecks to pick up debris from the cars.

No, the track isn't actually complete yet, and the track is not AI ready yet. Hopefully I can be done with it before my birthday (April 1st) of next year.

So what do you guys think?
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Another bad NASCAR/Twokinds crossover

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Jacob wrote: 
There was also a NHL arena built, but the team (Lyn'knoll Snow Wolves) hasn't won a Stanley Cup yet.
Not surprised. The Stanley Cup is insanely hard to win.

Also, I think this will make for a great story. Do it, Jacob!
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.