Division 13: The Aftermath(Pt. 3) When the Shadows Fall

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Division 13: The Aftermath Epilogue Time

#1 Post by Donnellson86 »

This story is based upon the "Division 13" RP. It is used with the permission of the RP's author, bond84.

As it says above this is written with the permission of bond84 and if I use any names from the game it is with the permission of those who created those characters.

This story occurs after the events that occure in "Division 13." I hope that the thread is still alive when I write this because it is a good game. Without further ado, I present the story:

The streets of the city were darker than normal since the moon had not risen yet. They were also quiet save the running footfalls and panting breaths of some unknown person. The runner stops to listen.

My name is Samuel Frederic Huthcins. I have done terrible things.

There is a new sound, a slow deliberate paced walk. The runner suddenly breaks into a dead run again.

I am a survivor of a place called "Division 13."

The runner's panting breaths and footfalls cut through the still night air. Followed closely by the slow deliberate walking footfalls.

When I escaped the division fell.

The runner finally stops in front of a small alleyway under a streetlight. He is finally revealed to have a panther tail and ears as well as the tan fur covering all the visible skin. He looks down the alleyway and reveals that he has a muzzle. He turns around as the walking footfalls draw nearer. He runs down the alleyway.

It fell but not everyone was accounted for. I have dedicated my life to capturing all the anthros they created and bringing the scientists responsible to justice.

The walking footfalls finally reach the alleyway. The pursuer is revealed to be a man in a long black coat wearing a helmet and gloves. He looks down the alley to see the man trapped in a dead end. He calls to the runner, "Give it up kid. You can come peacefully and you won't be harmed."

I now work for the UN to see that justice is meted out.

The young man yells, "I won't go back to that place!" He charges forward with his teeth and claws bared.
The pursuer reached into his coat and pulls out a silenced pistol. He fires two shots that hit the young man's left bicep. The darts, as they are revealed to be, cause the young man to stagger back and collapse. The pursuer walks out into the street and says into his radio, "Target is neutralized."

My name is Altair and I have done terrible things.

A voice comes through the static saying, "Copy that, Hutchins. Stand by for retrieval." As the truck pulls up the back of Hutchins' coat lifts up in the wind to reveal a white tail.

By the way, did I mention I was an Anthro?

It is the author's fondest wish that everyone enjoy this story so whatever you want to say about it please feel free.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

Re: Division 13: The Aftermath(Title TBD later)

#2 Post by hands_of_stealth »

I wanna join this XDXD

Can I use Hans? have him survive Division 13 as well?

(EDIT: oops...I thought this was a division 13 RP sequel....well this is embarassing, Sorry Donnelson)

Sounds awesome, I'm definitely interested in reading this since my character was part of the Division 13 lore :grin:

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Donnellson86 »

hands_of_stealth wrote:I wanna join this XDXD

Can I use Hans? have him survive Division 13 as well?

I am confused...what do you mean?
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#4 Post by kevin »

Nice, I like the twist at the end. Sorta like M.Night Shamylon, or however you spell his name. Looking forward to more. Kinda makes me think about doing something similar with Furcenaries.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Donnellson86 »

kevin wrote:Nice, I like the twist at the end. Sorta like M.Night Shamylon, or however you spell his name. Looking forward to more. Kinda makes me think about doing something similar with Furcenaries.
Please don't say that...points to the various bad M. Night movies.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

#6 Post by kevin »

Donnellson86 wrote:
kevin wrote:Nice, I like the twist at the end. Sorta like M.Night Shamylon, or however you spell his name. Looking forward to more. Kinda makes me think about doing something similar with Furcenaries.
I meant in the whole twists no one saw coming thing, not the crappy movie or twists that are stupid/don't make sense thing. Sorry, but I meant what I said about liking the story.
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Donnellson86 »

kevin wrote:
Donnellson86 wrote:
I meant in the whole twists no one saw coming thing, not the crappy movie or twists that are stupid/don't make sense thing. Sorry, but I meant what I said about liking the story.
Cool I am now assuming you mean M. Night Shyamalan from when his movies were good.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

#8 Post by kevin »

Donnellson86 wrote:
kevin wrote:
Donnellson86 wrote:
Cool I am now assuming you mean M. Night Shyamalan from when his movies were good.
Would there be any other meaning that was actually a compliment? Enough said.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Donnellson86 »

I had originally hoped to do weekly posts but I realized something over the past two days--I can't sleep with a story running unchecked in my head! So here is the continuation of the story...enjoy:

They loaded the panther into a trailer followed by Altair. The inside of the trailer looked more like a small medical office. Altair was just about to sit down when a human came from the cab and said, "Hutchins, the Director wants a word with you."

Altair thought, Why don't they call me "Altair?" I have repeatedly asked them to. He sat down at a terminal in the trailer and said, "Fine, patch it through to me here."

The agent nodded and went to the cab of the tractor again. A moment later the screen Altair was watching flicked on revealing a stong-looking balding man of about fifty. He said, "Hutchins, this is the third time this week you have allowed an anthro to run freely through the streets of a major metropolitan area."

Altair waited for the doors to close and removed his helmet to reveal an arctic fox's face with blue eyes and brown hair. He said, "I tried to reason with him but he was afraid we were from the "Hierarchy." Naturally, he ran to try to save himself."

The man looked somewhat angry about the fact that Altair was trying to defend this Anthro. He said, "You were issued the dart gun, weren't you!?"

Altair answered, "Yes, sir."

The man then asked, "Then why didn't you use it?"

Altair smiled and said, "I did use it, sir."

The man was beginning to look very angry now. He said, "You are hereby ordered to use that gun sooner, to prevent the possiblility of discovery. Do you understand me?!"

Altair's smile suddenly disappeared. He then asked, "May I ask you something, sir?"

The man's look of anger vanished and was replaced by surprise then suspicion. He answered, "What do you want, Hutchins?"

Altair looked at the screen with a steely resolve. He said, "Why don't you call me 'Altair?'"

The man siad, "Because we don't call our agents by nicknames, we call them by the names on their birth certificates."

The truck lurched as it began to pull forward. Altair thought, Well that doesn't surprise me. He then asked, "Well why can't you maka an exction for me? That man Sam died the same day I was born."

The man was beginning to get angry again. He said, "When we restored your memories Altair became obsolete."

Altair couldn't help but feel slighted. He said, "But Sam retreated back into the recesses of his mind leaving me at the forefront again."

The mand was now turning colors. He said, "I am not getting into a philosophical debate with you now, Hutchins."

Altair answered, "Yes, sir."

The man's face was returning to its natural color again. He said, "We will talk about this when you get back with the anthro." With that the screen went black.

Altair sat in silence for a bit thinking, I hate that man. I just wish to use my name. Is that so wrong? He looked over at the young man that was now sedated and strapped into a bed. He whispered, "Try not to get caught up in politics, got that kid?"

I know it isn't as exciting as the previous post but we shall see plenty of action later and I am hoping this is going to set the stage for bigger things.
Div. 13 Story

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by fenning »

Cool!
Btw, Spell check on hutchins, in chapter one:

My name is Samuel Frederic Huthcins. I have done terrible things. should be My name is Samuel Frederic Hutchins. I have done terrible things.

With all respect, man. Keep on writin'!

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Donnellson86 »

The characters General Azuta, Ann, Lily, Hans, Freya, Fenning, Rana, William, Dom, Phillip, Bobby, and Tallulah are the creative property of the Division 13 players and are used with their expressed permission.

Here is the next section of the story, enjoy:

Altair could tell the truck had entered the Interstate because it was moving in a straight line, more or less. He got up to check on the sedated panther. The sedatives were working with no ill effects, so far, and the straps were in place and secure. He went to his chair and sat down. He picked up his radio and turned it on before saying, "Hey Jacobs, what's our ETA?"

There was static then a voice came through saying, "About seven hours, Hutchins."

Altair replied back, "I'm going to get some shut-eye then." He then turned off the radio. He leaned back in the chair and reached up to his shirt pocket. He pulled out a photo. He smiled at the faces in the picture. There he was smiling about the fact they were finally free. Next to him was Hans. He had discovered that the green device Aiden was carrying was a blueprint for the entirety of Division 13. There was Aiden he looked miserable. Altair couldn't blame him, though. He felt the same kind of pain. Ann was next to him trying in vain to console him. In front of her was Freya. She looked ecstatic. Then there was Fenning, crying as usual and complaining about the female body he was in. He had lost track of those two. He thought to himself, "I really ought to find out where those two went." Then there was Rana and William. These two were the luckiest. They had a home in the mountains. There was Dom. He looked concerned, could he foresee their future. Finally there was Phillip and Bobby. The brothers looked so happy smiling and hanging their arms over each other's shoulders. Phillip had moved in with Bobby and his wife, Tallulah.

He thought about the photo and was more concerned with the person who was missing, Lily. He couldn't help but feel he was responsible for her death. He was feeling tired. He hadn't slept in over three days thanks to this panther. He leaned back and started to drift off to sleep. Though he couldn't shake the guilt he felt because of Lily's death.

They had finally decided to launch an attack on Division 13's Command Core. He had elected to go to the Core to back up Lily. Aiden had tried to but he was needed to lead the others out. Even though most of them thought this was a foolish act because Bobby had arrived and provided them a means of escape. It was decided that the Division was too dangerous to be left intact.

The operation had gone smoothly the charges were set on all the support bridges. Altair and Lily were on their way out when General Azuta, Himself, attacked the pair. He leapt at Lily first knocking her to the ground. Altair grappled with him but it was obvious that this was not a fight he could win alone. After several minutes of fighting Azuta picked up Altair and threw him at least twenty feet away. As Altair began to regain his senses he saw Lily reach into her cloak and pull out a pin. At that moment Azuta had picked her up and was trying to crush her in a kind of bear hug. Altair got to his feet and ran at the pair. He was too late the last thing he saw of them was teh pair smiling at each other and then they were enveloped in a flash of light and a puff of smoke.

Altair sat up suddenly, panting and trembling. He whispered to himself, "Why did you do that, Lily? You had a future with Aiden. Why didn't you give me the grenade? I could have used it." He picked up his radio and turned it on. He asked, "What's our ETA?"

There was static for a second or two and then a voice came back saying, "About two hours. We were just about to wake you."

Altair smiled and said, "No need, thanks."

I hope you all enjoyed reading this because it is the cause of my sleeplessness. If you find any problems with the story please feel free to say something.
Div. 13 Story

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#12 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Ah, everyone lived through division 13, cept' Lily? That's sadening... :(

Pretty cool reading about the gang's final assault. Keep'm coming!

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Donnellson86 »

Sorry, Hans. I had to edit it slightly if you want to reread it feel free. Hope the rest of you don't mind.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

#14 Post by kevin »

Awsome as last few times. Yeah I'm back, but more importantly, was real sad with the Lily character dying when so close to freedom. Keep up the good work Don.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Donnellson86 »

I will post the next section of the story as soon as I receive the last names of the characters or I get permission to create some of my own thoughts. Don't worry though I will no doubt have the names/permission soon.

EDIT: I have sent PM's to those who have not posted a last name for their characters. If you did not receive a PM from me please disregard this post...unless you are waiting for a new post, in which case please just bear with me.

Another EDIT: I have gotten all the names. Thanks, guys. I will have something posted tonight or tomorrow. :)
Div. 13 Story