DoTa 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Nuff
The One With the Ears

Re: DoTa 2

#91 Post by Nuff »

So been looking over my recent games, more specifically my most recent collection of Death Prophet games. So I've nto lost with her int he last 7 games I've played and my combined stats for those games are as so: Kills: 77 Deaths: 5 Assists: 70

Not sure if hero is currently broken of if people in my current MMR (which I can only assume is below 3000) just have absolutely no idea what to do about her. It's pretty simple really, lockdown/silence & burst damage. Also, gank her mid. Be aggressive before she hits 6. She can't really do a lot if she gets a bad start. If she is proving to be a problem force her to use her Ulti defencively instead of against your towers where it'll rape the poor buggers. Also don't fight in her Ulti, it does a huge amount of damage over time. If you didn't manage to burst her down quickly then you might want to back the hell out of there and force a fight later when you know the Ulti is down.

Anyone else finding certain heroes really stronk at the moment and how do you deal with them if someone plays them against you?

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#92 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Offlane silence has really been pissing off some of my friends that play together, and has been for the better part of a year or so. He has a really good early game and can spam his abilities, draining your health AND mana, which makes him really annoying for carries with initial mana problems.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#93 Post by Nuff »

Silencer is a [censored] on lane, best you can do is carry an extra bunch of tangos and make sure you can right click the butt when he has to use a clarity. Luckily he needs a few items to really be a problem in the mid game so that's a blessing. If you can kill him when he is a part of a gank or a teamfight BEFORE anyone dies it's also great because of that int he steals is horrible, especially on strength heroes plus it makes his right clicks even harder! His ulti is also a team fight winner if teams are on an even footing so I can understand the hate. If he is behind though, he brings a lot lesss than other supporty or semi-carry types as he doesn't have any proper disables (Last Word's disarm is pretty awesome mind you).

in other news, gonna be streaming more dotes again as the UKGL moves onto the 3rd round of it's group stages :3

http://www.twitch.tv/sproinkdota

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#94 Post by Nuff »

Streaming agains!

drop by :3

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#95 Post by Nuff »

ERMEHGERD caaaast

EDIT: Over

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#96 Post by Nuff »

So Valve released 'Free To Play' a documentary following 3 stars of Dota 2 and their journey to The International the biggest eSports event of it's time. Really good film and quite moving in places. Worth a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#97 Post by Nuff »

Played some solo and have decided I hate carries played by public butts who can never see their own mistakes and instead build all items stat the wrong skills and blame the poor as dirt support for everything. This is why I hate people. Also pudge pickers who last pick AFTER MID HAS ALREADY BEEN CLAIMED! Why u do dis?!

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#98 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

So I'm trying out Dota2 again.
Sticking with bot matches for now and getting used to the mechanics, as well as all those heroes that people say are good for beginners. Didn't really like Sven or Windranger, but Phantom Assassin was fun.

Too terrified to actually try playing against real people though, 'cause I know I'm going to get railed.

Being able to have in-game item and skill rank guides is a really nice touch, though. I don't remember those being there when I first started

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#99 Post by Nuff »

For your first few games it should be dropping you in games with all the nubbins who've barely played, thus you should be on the same footing unless you are unlucky enough to end up against a smurf account of a seasoned player looking for an easy win. I don't know if you've ready Purge's kinda for new players but it's pretty good. A little outdated because some item prices have changed but worth a look anyway. Important thing is to remember that the first step towards actually winning a match is yanno... playing one :P

Guide: http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Also if you have questions I'll try and answer them. I'm not an expert but I know a decent amount.

HeckobA
Master

#100 Post by HeckobA »

Haha, I like that guide. It's great.
Fooby, add me on steam and I'll gladly play with you and give tips and whatnot. Really, I want to!
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

HeckobA
Master

#101 Post by HeckobA »

So, today... this happened.
ImageImage

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#102 Post by EvilNinjadude »

HeckobA wrote:So, today... this happened.
Go, team Bot!

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#103 Post by Nuff »

So got around to playing some pub since the patch, I know I was slow, and ran Enigma and Lich. I farmed up the mek on Big E to allow Lichy pants to rush towards that Ags. Blackhole + Unlimited Chain Frost is amazing balls people.

HeckobA
Master

#104 Post by HeckobA »

Nuff wrote:Blackhole + Unlimited Chain Frost is amazing balls people.
This... this is a scary thought
ImageImage

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#105 Post by Nuff »

When the black hole lands and that big ball of ice is hurtling towards them you just can't say 5 man wipe quick enough