TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

#16 Post by Myperson54 »

BadFoMo wrote:You've tried doing this before? Cool, but I must ask, what exactly are the items mentioned in your little list used for?

Also, I have built I have built some buildings in MineCraft for the Human Village, but I wasn't able to build all the buildings I was thinking of due to lack of imagination. Bear in mind that I don't exactly know how these generated structures work so I don't know if these would actually work or not, but here's what I have.
Click the picture to get a bigger version and descriptions of the buildings.

Other buildings I would like to try and make include; Weapon Smith's Shop, Smith's Shop, Butcher's Shop, Leatherworker's Shop, Tavern, Guards Barracks, Templar Tower and different homes. Then there's the Keidran and Basitin versions and the miscellaneous generated structures.
This sounds interesting enough. I'm no modder, but I can build stuff if you guys want structures for different factions.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#17 Post by BadFoMo »

Myperson54 wrote:This sounds interesting enough. I'm no modder, but I can build stuff if you guys want structures for different factions.
Sounds like a plan to me. If we can get generated structures into the game, should we pick the best from the bunch (if we have two for the same purpose) and modify accordingly?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#18 Post by Myperson54 »

BadFoMo wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:This sounds interesting enough. I'm no modder, but I can build stuff if you guys want structures for different factions.
Sounds like a plan to me. If we can get generated structures into the game, should we pick the best from the bunch (if we have two for the same purpose) and modify accordingly?
I suppose so. There should be existing mods which would allow us to place custom-generated terrain down. Alternatively, we could handcraft villages and cities from an existing pool of template buildings in MCEdit and generate entire village layouts all at once within the mod. That would make for less variation, but it would probably be easier on our side.
Oh, and if we can't find a custom-generation mod, we could probably just butcher the deobfuscated vanilla village code and change it to fit our buildings.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

K44_Viper
Traveler

#19 Post by K44_Viper »

My friend said that he needs a base to create mods, so i'm starting to search for something similar!

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#20 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

BadFoMo wrote:You've tried doing this before? Cool, but I must ask, what exactly are the items mentioned in your little list used for?
Those items are really a sketch of the sketch of a mod. It was more me figuring out generating ores with a twokinds theme. I also wanted to show some proof that I actually am a modder, since that was a screenshot of eclipse (java software). Let me take a closer look at all of your ideas and tell you whether or not they would be possible to make happen.

PS: Do I have your permission to start working on it? :flora:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#21 Post by BadFoMo »

Sure. Like I said in the first post, if anyone wishes to try and make this, be my guest. As long as we don't try to make money from this, I think we should be fine.

Also, I think we have two people (you and K44_Viper's friend) working on two separate versions of this. Perhaps after the proof of concept versions of these mods are finished, the two of you could work together if you both stumble where the other succeeds. That is, if the two of you so desire.

On a slightly related note, I think I may have thought up a new item. Magic Scrolls.
Magic Scrolls are cheap alternative to Potions and actual Spells. They are crafted by using the Potion's specific item, a piece of paper and X (amount to be determined later) amount of charged Mana Stones. Uncharged Mana Stones are returned after crafting.

The advantages over Potions is that you can have a stack of 64 in one slot and you do not need to go to great lengths in order to make them, while the advantages over actual Spells is that you don't need to spend as much Mana to craft it as you would trying to cast it and if you're buying it, it's not as expensive.

The disadvantages are that Potions can be enhanced to work longer and/or have greater potency, while actual Spells don't need to be constantly crafted and only require charged Mana Stones in order to be cast.

Is this a good idea? Does anyone have any ideas for improvement?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#22 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

BadFoMo wrote:Sure. Like I said in the first post, if anyone wishes to try and make this, be my guest. As long as we don't try to make money from this, I think we should be fine.

Also, I think we have two people (you and K44_Viper's friend) working on two separate versions of this. Perhaps after the proof of concept versions of these mods are finished, the two of you could work together if you both stumble where the other succeeds. That is, if the two of you so desire.
Alright, I did my previous mod as a no-profit sorta thing to so I am ok with not making money. And K44_Viper, can you clarify if your friend has started making one? I would be glad to assist him or start one with him. In terms of communication, I prefer skype, but he can reach me by commenting on my videos (link in signature) if he needs. I would like to talk "face-to-face" while working on it, so if he doesn't use skype I would like to talk through other means of voice communication. Thank You :karen:

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#23 Post by primalcaller ergos »

You know how you can put emerald blocks together in a specific pattern to make a beacon that gives you a buff?

How about constructing a templar tower with stone *not cobblestone though, I think regular stone would look better...maybe*
by putting the mana crystals together into mana crystal blocks, and then putting the crystal blocks in the center,
then you get a cool buff when it's finished?
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#24 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

primalcaller ergos wrote:You know how you can put emerald blocks together in a specific pattern to make a beacon that gives you a buff?

How about constructing a templar tower with stone *not cobblestone though, I think regular stone would look better...maybe*
by putting the mana crystals together into mana crystal blocks, and then putting the crystal blocks in the center,
Like a beacon? It could work. Would a blue beam come out of the top?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#25 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

primalcaller ergos wrote:You know how you can put emerald blocks together in a specific pattern to make a beacon that gives you a buff?

It shouldn't be that hard. All you have to do is copy the beacon code and change it up a little bit. I could do that no problem! :karen:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#26 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm probably not helping, but does this design work for a Templar Tower? It's based on an old schematic Tom made of one.
Click the image to be taken to a better description/bigger version.

I also included my idea of a Bandit Camp. What do you think?

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#27 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Looks like the Basitinal Tower.

Cant say its better with the human one due to the floating and futuristic parsts.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#28 Post by hands_of_stealth »

I'll try building my own version of the Templar tower, if you don't mind.

Will post results in the future.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#29 Post by BadFoMo »

hands_of_stealth wrote:I'll try building my own version of the Templar tower, if you don't mind.
I don't mind at all. I feel it's for the best that we have more than one choice in the concept stages. This could also give us a chance to take the best qualities of the different models and combined them into one if need be.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#30 Post by BadFoMo »

Sorry for the double post, but I would like some opinions on these. First, two new items;
Click the photos for descriptions on the items.

Second, the different villages. Because my imagination isn't all that great, I was wondering if it would be all right for the buildings of the Human and Basitin villages to just be slightly redesigned versions of normal villages. They would be made with different materials and include a second-floor and maybe a cellar. The Keidran villages would simply be alterations of the two small huts which can appear in normal villages and be made out of different types of wood.