For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#2371 Post by Gotheran »

Stryder221 wrote:
foxlord wrote:I don't want to get shivved in the street by guards for picking up a cup randomly that I don't know is owned. I've seen a Let's Play of Morrowind so far and noticed that that system didn't exist yet.
Personally, I'd just assume everything belongs to someone. Enter sneak mode and swipe what you want when you know nobody's looking. It's a pain sometimes, I know, but better safe than shivved. On the other hand, shopkeepers rarely if ever move in my experience.
Besides, there's no difference between stolen and not stolen other than the stuff being confiscated on arrest. If I remember right, the shopkeepers don't magically know what's stolen, not unless it was theirs in the first place.

Mind you, it's been a while since I properly played Morrowind...
I do remember that if you drop something that's stolen the guard's forget that you dropped it and it becomes un-property-ed if that makes sense. So yeah if you want that fancy [censored] ebony chest armour convinetntly lying in their closet just nab it, drop it, then come back after dealing with the authorities.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#2372 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I am playing modded Minecraft. as some may have read in the smile thread, I created my own Black Door. I also have a pickax that has a durability 5 times that of a diamond pickax and has max fortune, I got a machine that strip mines for me, and I am swimming in diamonds. Life couldn't be easier in this world.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#2373 Post by foxlord »

Gotheran wrote:
Stryder221 wrote:
foxlord wrote:I don't want to get shivved in the street by guards for picking up a cup randomly that I don't know is owned. I've seen a Let's Play of Morrowind so far and noticed that that system didn't exist yet.
Personally, I'd just assume everything belongs to someone. Enter sneak mode and swipe what you want when you know nobody's looking. It's a pain sometimes, I know, but better safe than shivved. On the other hand, shopkeepers rarely if ever move in my experience.
Besides, there's no difference between stolen and not stolen other than the stuff being confiscated on arrest. If I remember right, the shopkeepers don't magically know what's stolen, not unless it was theirs in the first place.

Mind you, it's been a while since I properly played Morrowind...
I do remember that if you drop something that's stolen the guard's forget that you dropped it and it becomes un-property-ed if that makes sense. So yeah if you want that fancy [censored] ebony chest armour convinetntly lying in their closet just nab it, drop it, then come back after dealing with the authorities.
So swipe everything I want in sneak mode, drop it if guards are coming and come back and grab everything? Interesting.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#2374 Post by Gotheran »

foxlord wrote:So swipe everything I want in sneak mode, drop it if guards are coming and come back and grab everything? Interesting.
Only drop it if you're caught, one thing I like to do on a fresh save is there's a platter in the first room where you do your character gen worth like 300 drakes (you might get 100 out of it cause ppl are cheap in every TES game). I've tried the whole sneak thing but it never seemed to work in morrowind, at least not for me, and there were times I did player.setav sneak 1000.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#2375 Post by Insomniac »

Spent a little time today playing the dreadfully mediocre Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, and a few hours tonight playing C.O.U.N.T.E.R. Spy, which is somewhat better. GOD this is a sucky month for PS3 PS+ games.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#2376 Post by foxlord »

Gotheran wrote:
foxlord wrote:So swipe everything I want in sneak mode, drop it if guards are coming and come back and grab everything? Interesting.
Only drop it if you're caught, one thing I like to do on a fresh save is there's a platter in the first room where you do your character gen worth like 300 drakes (you might get 100 out of it cause ppl are cheap in every TES game). I've tried the whole sneak thing but it never seemed to work in morrowind, at least not for me, and there were times I did player.setav sneak 1000.
Duly noted. Any mod suggestions? I installed MGSO, I think that's the order of the acronym, the big sound and graphics overhaul mod. That's it so far. I don't want to add any content mods just yet. Any thoughts on patches or whatever, like Oblivion and Skyrim have?

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#2377 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

foxlord wrote:
Gotheran wrote:
Duly noted. Any mod suggestions? I installed MGSO, I think that's the order of the acronym, the big sound and graphics overhaul mod. That's it so far. I don't want to add any content mods just yet. Any thoughts on patches or whatever, like Oblivion and Skyrim have?
If you can find a patch that stops you from falling through the floor, that'd be good. I'm not even joking about this. I fell through the floor in Vivec, luckily the water is rendered underneath and I was able to swim out of the wall. And then in a dungeon, I got stuck in a floor. a few simple fix me commands fixed that problem.

But yeah, at least for me, falling through floors is a problem.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#2378 Post by foxlord »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
foxlord wrote:
Gotheran wrote:
If you can find a patch that stops you from falling through the floor, that'd be good. I'm not even joking about this. I fell through the floor in Vivec, luckily the water is rendered underneath and I was able to swim out of the wall. And then in a dungeon, I got stuck in a floor. a few simple fix me commands fixed that problem.

But yeah, at least for me, falling through floors is a problem.
Morrowind code patch it is!

Akira110
Literary Artist

#2379 Post by Akira110 »

I beat Knights of the Old Republic 1. It was GREAT. I'm currently playing the sequel.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#2380 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I bought Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and Dragon Age II, so I'll be doing a Dragon Age spree.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#2381 Post by Gotheran »

Kerbal Space Program with bunch of mods. Main aim is setting up a functional Minmus Space Center I can effectively launch new missions from. At the moment I've been doing the most basic of rocketry to get into the groove of sending out missions once more, and I have a couple of satellites using SCANsat to map out Kerbin's surface. The first one I launched, which I had packed way too much fuel for, was literally a tribute to Sputnik, and naturally I didn't include any fancy bells or whistles, so it eventually ran out of power and stopped working. Then a few weeks (in-game) later, I finally have the funds and technology to send up a more realistic satellite. As I open up the SCANsat module, I immediately notice that a sizable chunk of the planet has already been mapped, and the Sputnik probe is showing up on the display as functional. When I pop over to sputnik, I can confirm it's doa and not functioning. When I pop back, I still see Sputnik flying up and down the ScanMap mapping new territory. I do believe I have what is known as Schrodinger's Sputnik...

EDIT [3/14/2015]: Still dicking with kerbal. Also playing a survival game called Savage lands which is in early access alpha on steam and I highly recommend it despite it's current flaws. And as I type this I'm waiting ever so patiently for Perkus Maximus to finish patching, I've been told it can take an hour or so for the patcher to finish.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#2382 Post by Akira110 »

Dragon Ball Xenoverse!
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#2383 Post by Insomniac »

Not playing it personally, but I'm watching a couple different playthroughs of Battlefield Hardline's campaign. And I gotta say, while the multiplayer is basically Battlefield with a cops and crooks reskin, the single player is a completely different kind of game. Severely limited ammo, more score for arresting guys than for taking them out with melee or tazer shots, and NO points for kills, the campaign is definitely not just a cops and crooks reskin. And I can honestly say I would play this game more than once.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#2384 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

GTA Online, on PS4. Anyone up for some play? I'll be on til the end of spring break, and would like some buddies to play with.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#2385 Post by minime »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:GTA Online, on PS4. Anyone up for some play? I'll be on til the end of spring break, and would like some buddies to play with.
I have it on PS4, PM me your psn if you want to play.