Halo 5

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Halo 5

#76 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:Now it's more of a case of "I saw you first = Win", not at all what originally drew me to the previous titles...
I dunno...Most games are "I saw you first = Win", to be honest. Hell, depending on the game type (and, for Halo OGs, custom rules), certain rulesets have ALWAYS been "I saw you first = Win" or at least more likely to win. It's nothing new in gaming, not by a long shot, and it's not even new to Halo.

The comparisons to Destiny's Titan...Meh. Doesn't bother me. The comparisons to Titanfall? It's just mantling stuff you jump towards, which let's face it, should've been a thing in Halo LONG ago. The Smart Scope? Eh, not even a thing in Titanfall. Were you thinking of TF's Smart Pistol? Because the Smart Scope is nothing like that. Still need skill to use it, it's not some OP I Win Tool. Hell, if you use it at the wrong time in the air THEY will pick YOU off rather than the other way around.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#77 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Insomniac wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Now it's more of a case of "I saw you first = Win", not at all what originally drew me to the previous titles...
I dunno...Most games are "I saw you first = Win", to be honest. Hell, depending on the game type (and, for Halo OGs, custom rules), certain rulesets have ALWAYS been "I saw you first = Win" or at least more likely to win. It's nothing new in gaming, not by a long shot, and it's not even new to Halo.

The comparisons to Destiny's Titan...Meh. Doesn't bother me. The comparisons to Titanfall? It's just mantling stuff you jump towards, which let's face it, should've been a thing in Halo LONG ago. The Smart Scope? Eh, not even a thing in Titanfall. Were you thinking of TF's Smart Pistol? Because the Smart Scope is nothing like that. Still need skill to use it, it's not some OP I Win Tool. Hell, if you use it at the wrong time in the air THEY will pick YOU off rather than the other way around.
Finally, someone defending a potentially fantastic game!

All I've got to say about that.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#78 Post by SirSlaughter »

Call of Halo Battle-fall Titan-duty warfare?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#79 Post by Schrodinger »

SirSlaughter wrote:Call of Halo Battle-fall Titan-duty warfare?
Image....I am so sorry.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#80 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Schrodinger wrote:
Shraq Kart Double Slam Golf of Duty V?

Bee Shrek Test in the House?

Shrek Generations for the Shreksbox Onion?Rated O for Ogre
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#81 Post by ButterBall »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:
Shraq Kart Double Slam Golf of Duty V?

Bee Shrek Test in the House?

Shrek Generations for the Shreksbox Onion?Rated O for Ogre
Left Half Dead 4 Life Counter: Portal-Fortress Strike Team 2?
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#82 Post by Schrodinger »

Okay so there's a hit confirm sound that's like a pitched up squeaky toy being hit with a hammer and then run through a digital filter. God it makes my ears bleed.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#83 Post by The Rookie »

Insomniac wrote: The comparisons to Destiny's Titan...Meh. Doesn't bother me. The comparisons to Titanfall? It's just mantling stuff you jump towards, which let's face it, should've been a thing in Halo LONG ago. The Smart Scope? Eh, not even a thing in Titanfall. Were you thinking of TF's Smart Pistol? Because the Smart Scope is nothing like that. Still need skill to use it, it's not some OP I Win Tool. Hell, if you use it at the wrong time in the air THEY will pick YOU off rather than the other way around.
Apologies, I only played Titanfall during the open beta (I enjoyed it, but never got around to getting it at launch) and recalled having a similar zoom function to the smart scope whilst using the actual Titan weapons. If I am mistaken, I apologize.

Back to Halo 5
Does anyone here have access to the open Beta starting in a few days ? I'd like very much to hear some of your feed back on the flaws and improvements you notice during game time.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#84 Post by Envy661 »

I'm about as excited for this game as destiny, and you can check the Destiny thread for my comments on that.

To summarize:
-Not on PC, so I don't care.
-Chances are it will never live up to the legacy of the company's founders (who worked on the original Halo game)
-Will NOT live up to the Hype
-The sequel will probably be announced before the first DLC even drops (in fact, we already know this game is a part of a new trilogy, 4, 5, and 6).
-It's something that more than likely has tons of potential to be good, but will ultimately fall flat miles away from even reaching that potential because AAA devs have gotten too greedy for their own good.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#85 Post by Schrodinger »

I would if I had an Xbone.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#86 Post by Schrodinger »

From what I heard you aren't the only one that had to resort to changing the control scheme Fawkes. A lot people apparently did. And while I don't have first hand experience with the stabilization feature I am well acquainted with a similar ability in Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. There the ability offers damage boosts to compensate for the increased danger. It also came with a ground pound ability which was used far more often since it was fast and got you out of the line of fire safely. The ground pound was a far more popular feature there too with players often skipping the damage boost entirely since it did little to keep you from dying.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#87 Post by The Rookie »

New trailers up !

Master chief vs Spartan Locke

So yeah, have a look and tell us what you think.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#88 Post by Insomniac »

Initial thoughts: OMG WTF is going on, I hope I have an XBone by the time this comes out because I would totally play it.
Other thoughts: Great, another LIVE ACTION TRAILER for a VIDEO GAME. I love how even gameplay trailers can be deceptive nowadays and companies still give us trailers that aren't even of in-game cinematics, let alone actual gameplay...

[edit]Also, there's a version where their roles are reversed.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#89 Post by The Rookie »

Insomniac wrote:Initial thoughts: OMG WTF is going on, I hope I have an XBone by the time this comes out because I would totally play it.
I'm torn, the game's story seems interesting, but without any sign of game play in sight, I'm just going leave it for now.
Insomniac wrote: [edit]Also, there's a version where their roles are reversed.
Both of the names are hyper links to their individual trailers, sorry.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#90 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:
Insomniac wrote:Initial thoughts: OMG WTF is going on, I hope I have an XBone by the time this comes out because I would totally play it.
I'm torn, the game's story seems interesting, but without any sign of game play in sight, I'm just going leave it for now.
Insomniac wrote: [edit]Also, there's a version where their roles are reversed.
Both of the names are hyper links to their individual trailers, sorry.
Oh wow, didn't know you could make a link show up in any shade other than underlined blue.