A Twokinds Oblivion Mod - Beta happening NOW!

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

RatherInconsiderateFellow
Templar Master

A Twokinds Oblivion Mod - Beta happening NOW!

#1 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

EDIT: Whooooo the beta is done and uploaded. Shabam. And Filefront.

Okay, so here's how this works. Once you've downloaded this and the other stuff (links on page five. At the very least, you need OBSE and the racefix, but you really should just get all of them) install all of the other stuff first, following the instructions that come with them. Installation of my mod is more or less standard, copy the esp and meshes/textures folders to Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data. Open up OBMM and activate the esp. If I did everything right, things shouldn't be broken much.

Keep in mind that this is a beta, and there's a whole bunch of stuff I still need to do.
-Most of the lowerclass clothes are done, but many of the male ones will clip a bit. There's really only one or two things done in the middle and upperclass sets of clothing that are done though.
-Most of the armour is done, the only ones that aren't are the arena stuff, blackwood, and dragon armour. I threw in a custom set of steel armour, just because I can. The female iron armour is different because I don't actually have the original style anymore, it got overwitten somewhere along the way. I think also I threw in a different female leather cuirass because I don't like my women with large shoulder pads. Oh, and chainmail greaves. If you want your stuff untouched, just say you don't want to overwrite stuff when it asks you, as these should be the only things that overwrite something else.
-All of the robes are done.

Uh. If you find any problems just post it here or throw me a pm and I'll try to make a bugfix or something quickly.

Is that it? I think that's everything I need to tell you guys. Oh! Screenshots. Take em, I want to see if this stuff works, not just hear about it.

God those old feet were terrible. I'm happy I got rid of them.

END EDIT

A while ago I posted some pictures here of a very in progress Oblivion mod that would add keidran and other furry species to Oblivion. The end goal would be to recreate at least a small part of the Twokinds world for characters to run around in with quests, a minor plot of some sort, unique weapons, armour and clothes. I didn't really post much about it here, and eventually got tired of all of the scripting issues and shelved the concept. The issues were recently resolved, so here I am again. The current goal is to get out a race mod with a four or five races at some point in the future.

Let's get this train wreck rolling with some pictures.
What is that you say? New head, ears, and a new set of textures? If that could pass as a mod I would eat my shoes. I mean, how can you be a half-cat-tiger-thing without a nice new set of legs and some paws to stand on. You can't.
Of note there; The paws are 100% modeled by me. Not the greatest job, but they work. Some say they're a little big, but any smaller and the look stupid with heavy armour. The shackles are how the straw sandals you begin the game with appear on the paws.

On to the stripe pattern.
Again, not the best textures ever, the stripes are probably completely inaccurate to any actual living tiger, but its good enough for me.

But I bet those new feet clip horribly with all of the existing boots. That's why I nicked some modified ones off of a cool dude over at the bethesda boards named Fearil. He is cool with it. That said, most of the modified armour is his work, all I did was swap out dragon feet for the paws. It is even easier than it sounds.

Oh, and I've been working on some shirts. They'll most likely be released as part of a separate mod at a way later date. Right now, only one is in decent enough shape for me to post, but meh. Roughly inspired by that one shirt Trace has worn a couple of times.
Yeah, the belt is a little bugged. I'm working on it.

And a shot of kitty-dude running from behind, because it's what you see the vast majority of the time you're playing the game.

Now, I'm just going to assume that most of you people happen to be both male and straight, and wondering there haven't been any pictures of females yet. As of now, a couple of the textures don't line up quite right, and the leg models need to be tweaked a bit, so I don't feel that they are good enough to be shown yet.

Of course, getting one races done isn't all that much of a commitment towards the goal of five. Fear not; the wolves have arrived.

And of course, a look at the fur pattern.

And the last thing I've started on is a set of hoofed feet for a ram or goat species. Or something. I didn't really think it out all that much.
As of right now, They're just a test of the model and rigging, and they haven't been properly unwrapped or textured them yet, so they look hideous with the tiger textures applied.

And that is all of the work I've done so far. I suppose I need to mention that the scripts I'm using and modifying were done by Drake the Dragon over at the Bethesda forums, and the body mods I'm working with are HGEC by RAIAR and Robert's male body by Robert.

Now, As you can probably see, the mod is not done yet. Females are still a work in progress (most of the textures and models are done, but I haven't done any of the modified armour yet), I still need to touch up some of the textures, I need to fix clipping on some of the modified meshes, and I still need to do at least two or three more races. I suppose one of them has to be Basitin if I'm going to be calling this a Twokinds mod instead of a general anthro one, but I'm not really sure about the others yet.

So, yeah. Comments, criticism, and ideas for some other species/keidran clans/whatever are welcomed.
Join the dark side. We have cookies. And free Wifi.

Ciro 1500
Merchant

Re: A Twokinds Oblivion Mod

#2 Post by Ciro 1500 »

Awesome work you got going there. I'll have to reinstall my Oblivion so I can use the construction set. I agree that the feet are two wide, also I think the legs aren't long enough. But hey, there will always be criticism even on the best works.

Keep up the good work.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by AzeNaku »

Awesome work! Keep it up!
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Now I really wish I had the computer version of oblivion and a computer that could run it
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Templar Master

#5 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

I've made a bit more progress on the hooves; I got them semi-properly unwrapped and slapped together a quick test texture in tiger colours.
A tiger with hooves looks a little weird, but other than that I think it's pretty good. Of course, when I decide on a species for the hooves to belong to, they'll get a more normal texture.

So; for now, I think I'm going to clean up the scripts a bit, and get started on the basitins. Oh, and maybe finish up some of the female stuff.

EDIT: Finished up the female leg meshes. I had to rerig the both feet anyways, so I decided to redo them at a smaller size. That said, you people get to see the female tiger textures now. The pic doesn't really show the new feet well, but whatever.
Oh, minor NSFW. Nothing worse than is in the comic.
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm39 ... ssback.jpg
The texture is still not quite done, but the few errors that there are cannot be seen from that angle. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't just set up a female wolf, as all of the wolf textures are done. Meh.

Ciro 1500
Merchant

#6 Post by Ciro 1500 »

For the hooves you should make a horse like race. Because it would play off the fact that Orcs eat horses.

again awesome work.

Templar Master

#7 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

Yeah! Someone else posted! That means I can post again! :roll:
Ciro 1500 wrote:Because it would play off the fact that Orcs eat horses.
Why did my mind immediately go to thoughts of orcs "eating" (suggestive tone of voice required) anthro horses?

Anyways. On to the updates. I finally caved to that niggling doubt about the feet and redid them smaller for both males and females. And I was, right, It does look a little funny with heavy armour. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still a little off.

So; Worked on the Basitin. (I really hope I'm spelling that right.) Got the ears and a set of test texture done. They need to be darker. I also need to define the nose and paw-pads a pit more.
Man, those ears are freaking huge. They're roughly accurate to the size in the comic, but still.

Worked a bit more on modified clothing. Got a nice looking hood with ears poking about inside of it.

Oh, and I took some more pics of the semi-finished females. The textures on the basitin are terrible, and the tiger ones need some touch ups here and there where they don't match up properly, but whatever. Link because of very wide image.

And a pic of a running tigress, just to show off the paws.

So, next on the block is good basitin textures, fix up parts of the scripts so they support more than three species, something with hooves, and a maybe a fifth race. For the last one, I'm currently leaning towards kangaroo just because of how different they are, But I'm still open to other ideas for it. And I still have no idea what I'm going to do with those hooves.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by AzeNaku »

For the Basitins, have you thought about giving them foot-wrappings, instead of completely cutting out footwear?
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Kaibamon
Templar Master

#9 Post by Kaibamon »

Hm nice you use eyecandy mode for better body,if you need weapons and armor and idk maybe creatures i can try to model.I managed to get some of my stuff in Oblivion to.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#10 Post by supervanman64 »

Sweet. I really like the Basitin. And I like how you got the digitigrade feet to look right.

Very well made, I have to say.

Templar Master

#11 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

AzeNaku wrote:For the Basitins, have you thought about giving them foot-wrappings, instead of completely cutting out footwear

I have thought of it, and it will be happening, but I haven't started that yet. It's going to work so that when you equip a piece of footwear that doesn't have a modified mesh (IE; all of the non-armour footwear minus the straw sandals) You get a dandy set of foot wrappings instead. If I ever get far enough to the point where NPC basitin get involved, I'll try to set it up so you lose disposition if you talk to them without wearing shoes. I might also have the wrappings set up as part of the default underwear for basitins, so that that you're always wearing them, even with other armour.

Oh, and footwear is still there. All of the boots just show up as the shin piece. Yeah, It's kinda weird that boots don't actually cover your feet, but whatever. I'll get a picture showing how it works later.
Kaibamon wrote:if you need weapons and armor and idk maybe creatures i can try to model.I managed to get some of my stuff in Oblivion to.
For the most part, the need for armour, weapons and creatures are still a long ways off. Right now I'm just focusing on getting the races done.

robin1232
Traveler

#12 Post by robin1232 »

Ster Zetanee wrote:Now I really wish I had the computer version of oblivion and a computer that could run it
do you know how low the system requirements are for it? test if it works here: http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/
and then pirate it, its not illegal as long as you have other versions

Ciro 1500
Merchant

#13 Post by Ciro 1500 »

RatherInconsiderateFellow wrote:
Ciro 1500 wrote:Because it would play off the fact that Orcs eat horses.
Why did my mind immediately go to thoughts of orcs "eating" (suggestive tone of voice required) anthro horses?
That could work too.
RatherInconsiderateFellow wrote: So, next on the block is good basitin textures, fix up parts of the scripts so they support more than three species, something with hooves, and a maybe a fifth race. For the last one, I'm currently leaning towards kangaroo just because of how different they are, But I'm still open to other ideas for it. And I still have no idea what I'm going to do with those hooves.
You should do a anthro dragon race for the fifth race. Why? Because dragons are in TK and they can transform. Plus they're awesome.
I still think the hooves would work good with horses.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Ciro 1500 wrote: You should do a anthro dragon race for the fifth race. Why? Because dragons are in TK and they can transform. Plus they're awesome.
Argonians.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Ciro 1500
Merchant

#15 Post by Ciro 1500 »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:
Ciro 1500 wrote: You should do a anthro dragon race for the fifth race. Why? Because dragons are in TK and they can transform. Plus they're awesome.
Argonians.
Argonians are too lizardy. I'm talking Dragons! Elegant, beautiful, fierce, fire breathing beings! ...
But you are right, I totally forgot about the Argonians.

Wait what about the foxes? :laura: :mike:
Or we could have a full human with animal traits kinda like :karen: you know just light fur and extra ears.

I'm just throwing out suggestions.