ESO - Elder Scrolls Online

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

xamali
Grand Templar

ESO - Elder Scrolls Online

#1 Post by xamali »

Well, I did a quick search and found nothing (at least in the front page) about ESO, so I made a Topic. If there is an active topic, paste the link, and I'll leave this topic to rot.

Well, what are you expecting of ESO, do you intend to buy it and why, race and faction you will play, etc. Also, I've already sold my soul, and bought the pre-purchase, standard edition. Me happy.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: ESO - Elder Scrolls Online

#2 Post by Lief »

Wouldn't buy it even if I had the money. Not a fan of the "Pay 60$ for a game and then pay us 15$ each month to continue playing it" thing.

Aside from that, it looks like it's going to be good.

xamali
Grand Templar

#3 Post by xamali »

Lief wrote:Wouldn't buy it even if I had the money. Not a fan of the "Pay 60$ for a game and then pay us 15$ each month to continue playing it" thing.

Aside from that, it looks like it's going to be good.
Yeah, the paying thing wasn't really my thing either, but I've been in love with the series since Oblivion (I just met the Elder Scrolls series with Oblivion), and went for it. I hope it will be worth it. :roll:
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#4 Post by Envy661 »

ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#5 Post by judah4 »

I dislike the subscription model on top of the full retail price but I want to at least try it :P from what my friend says(he's in the beta) its a lot of fun. I might pick it up and try it and see what happens. I do have income so I might even be able to afford it

xamali
Grand Templar

#6 Post by xamali »

Envy661 wrote:*COUGH*
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17615
*COUGH COUGH*
Envy, the last post in that topic is from Aug 21. Thought it best to create a new one.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#7 Post by Envy661 »

xamali wrote:
Envy661 wrote:*COUGH*
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17615
*COUGH COUGH*
Envy, the last post in that topic is from Aug 21. Thought it best to create a new one.
BLASPHEMY!
But yeah, I was just talking to slaughter about this in the chat. People don't seem to realize. Woo. First person and single server... That's great... It will also have:

-MMO Balancing (meaning it will play statistically like an MMO, not like a TES game, even if the gameplay mechanics are like a TES game, how damage and other things are calculated will be very MMO)

-Class-based restrictions. Yes, this game has classes, and with them, the restrictions associated. It's no longer a do whatever you want kind of game, even if they advertise it as such. There's only so much leeway you can have when you're forcing a class system.

-Lack of mods. People forget just what VANILLA Skyrim was, because too many people get these games for PC. They fail to realize about half the content they may have gotten clocked in in Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind came from various mods. Vanilla skyrim was fun, sure, but fairly bland when compared to other titles, sad to say.

[12:47:10 AM] Envy661: In the end, it's gonna feel generic, especially if combat is just MMO combat statistics with TES mechanics.
[12:47:47 AM] Envy661: Chances are, the tactical aspects of TES games are going to be lost in the transition.
[12:48:09 AM] Envy661: Because everyone who makes an MMO seems to think it has to be done the EXACT. SAME. WAY.
[12:48:18 AM] Envy661: Because if it aint broke, don't fix it.
[12:48:38 AM] Envy661: Yet they don't seem to grasp that the system has been "Broken" for a while
[12:48:51 AM] Envy661: Or at least so outdated and overdone that everyone is tired of it...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#8 Post by Nuff »

The more details released on this the more I hate it. Suscription fees being the final nail in the coffin. [censored] subscription fees man, stupid broken concept

Unkowndeth
Templar Master

#9 Post by Unkowndeth »

I've been in the beta since the 2nd wave of invites went out before august, I love it. Lots of people complain about the sub fee, but I'll be paying mainly to play with a community that wants to be there and play the game. Free to play ruins games, Pay to play is alright but lets be honest all the pay methods can be flawed.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#10 Post by Envy661 »

Unkowndeth wrote:I've been in the beta since the 2nd wave of invites went out before august, I love it. Lots of people complain about the sub fee, but I'll be paying mainly to play with a community that wants to be there and play the game. Free to play ruins games, Pay to play is alright but lets be honest all the pay methods can be flawed.
I personally prefer how Guild Wars 2 does it.

You have to buy the game. The rest of the money is from cosmetic things, exp boosts, etc. No monthly fee. That's why, even if I grow tired of it from time to time, I will never uninstall Guild Wars 2. Why would I? I own it for life. And it's not ruined by a Free to Play model.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Arelon
Traveler

#11 Post by Arelon »

Probably the biggest game release I am watching, growing up on MMO's (I started with EQ back in ruins of kunark expansion)

It could end up being a failure, but with the rich backstory developed over the years, I think I will enjoy this game immensely, even if it is not a traditional elder scrolls model and style. The story will be an entertaining one and hopefully the gameplay will keep me entranced long enough to get in and see thier recreation of this world.

And if I dont like it after the first month, I wont subscribe past that month
~Webcomics are quickly becoming my favorite form of creative writing and art ~
ImageImage

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#12 Post by Nuff »

Envy661 nailed it

foxlord
Elder foxy

#13 Post by foxlord »

Nuff wrote:Envy661 nailed it
I agree. If I have to pay $60 and ON TOP OF IT pay sub fees? [censored] that man. I'll just go back to WoW for that.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Ketzal »

Envy661 wrote: -MMO Balancing (meaning it will play statistically like an MMO, not like a TES game, even if the gameplay mechanics are like a TES game, how damage and other things are calculated will be very MMO)
Ew
Envy661 wrote: -Class-based restrictions. Yes, this game has classes, and with them, the restrictions associated. It's no longer a do whatever you want kind of game, even if they advertise it as such. There's only so much leeway you can have when you're forcing a class system.
This is immediately what I noticed when I looked into it, and why I will never be interested in this. What I really loved about Skyrim was that you could do ANYTHING. Wanna be a heavy-armor wearing archer? Done! Wanna be a sneak thief that uses two-handed weapons? Go for it!

Okay, so I doubt most people went for those kinds of builds, but you get my point. XD
Envy661 wrote: -Lack of mods. People forget just what VANILLA Skyrim was, because too many people get these games for PC. They fail to realize about half the content they may have gotten clocked in in Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind came from various mods. Vanilla skyrim was fun, sure, but fairly bland when compared to other titles, sad to say.
eh. I mean, mods are fun, don't get me wrong, but I don't actually have much of a problem with vanilla skyrim. I STILL find myself going back and playing my vanilla profile, because it still worked.

Arelon
Traveler

#15 Post by Arelon »

Skyrim is putting out a beta invite round starting 1200 today (Feb 7) for testing thier servers, I am unsure what I am allowed to say considering I signed 3 different non disclosure agreements.
~Webcomics are quickly becoming my favorite form of creative writing and art ~
ImageImage