Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Red Vs Blue Season 12

#16 Post by Insomniac »

Spoiler!
I think Felix and Locust are manipulating both sides into fighting just so the two of them can have a wargame to see who's best, no matter who and how many die as a result.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#17 Post by The Rookie »

Insomniac wrote:
Spoiler!
I think Felix and Locust are manipulating both sides into fighting just so the two of them can have a wargame to see who's best, no matter who and how many die as a result.
Spoiler!
I can actually see this happening fairly easily, plant a few bombs, point a few fingers and eliminate a few high ranking officers (Or.. all of them from the sound of it) and no ones the wiser. They might have even split the Reds and Blues in half intentionally so that it'd be "Fair". If we're going with that theory it might explain why Felix suddenly cared so much about finding Tucker and the others, possibly before they discover the truth while at the same time keeping the moral of his troops high.

Something that Locust kept saying about how he and Wash were the same, might also be a tip off. The Freelancers had their Red and Blue bases all over, so maybe Sarge , Griff, Tucker, ect aren't the first Reds/Blues that Wash has had to work with/against before. Might be a stretch, I don't know...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#18 Post by anonfox123 »

I just caught up from ep5. HOLY [censored] I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY IM WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH!!!
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#19 Post by anonfox123 »

NOOOOOO!!! Why would they (the writers) do that to Caboose?!?!?

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#20 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

My favorite quotes
Spoiler!
*pirate screaming, medic singing*
Simmons: "Sarge, I'm scared"
Sarge: "Simmons, we're all scared, except for me.

Caroline: "Think he's in a position to answer a few questions?
Medic: Absolutely, just let me go put him back together
but yeah, poor Caboose. He lost so much already.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#21 Post by anonfox123 »

Fawkes wrote:I'm really starting to like Dr. Grey, she's kind of a lovable psychopathic nerd that you should be afraid of. Plus Church's remarks have been hilarious this season.
At least she is also competent, unlike another Doc we know...

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#22 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

anonfox123 wrote:
Fawkes wrote:I'm really starting to like Dr. Grey, she's kind of a lovable psychopathic nerd that you should be afraid of. Plus Church's remarks have been hilarious this season.
At least she is also competent, unlike another Doc we know...
Why would you hate Medical Officer Super Private First Class Frank DuFresne? Plus he's not a doctor, he's a medic.
"I'm not a doctor, I'm a medic."
—Doc
"What's the difference?"
—Tucker
"Well, a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable...while they die."
—Doc

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#23 Post by Schrodinger »

"Oh holy [censored] you're being serious."
What was it the spider said to the fly...

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#24 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Technically this is not about season 12, but this is the most relevant thread.
Watching RvB from the beginning, and I was just reminded that

1) Simmons is a cyborg
2) Grif is practically half Simmons

And a great quote
(Not exact quotes)
Donut under a jeep with sarge: "Whats that thing that looks like a bunny, and that thing that looks like a soup can"
Sarge (no where near real quote): "Just don't touch anything"

(after sarge tests car and doesn't work)
Sarge: "Donut, are you OK?"
Donut (quivering voice): "I was petting the bunny, and then it went into the soup can, and took part of my hand with it"

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#25 Post by anonfox123 »

As for the latest episode, hooray for Tucker-Epsilon being back to the bromance. (well, maybe not that much but you get the idea)

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#26 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I just watched the newest episode. It was pretty good.

Although on a sadder note, next week is the last episode of the season. what will I do with my Monday nights after next week?

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#27 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

I still don't see how the RvB could be so popular, but... can't judge it
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#28 Post by anonfox123 »

Spoiler!
OMG, so after the fall of of Freelancer and the Director was being investigated by the chairman... Was that a whole scheme for the Chairman to get back at PFL wrecking his stuff? Whaaaaaat?!?!? And when they were attacking "The Resistance", did the Director know who they really worked for? What was the beef between those two if they knew at the time??? Did the Charon soldiers even know who's payroll they were on? Also poor F.I.L.L.S, sounds like the Chairman's techies really tore into her... And Maine's helmet, wonder what's so important about it... Perhaps and EMP safeguard in the form of a data-lockdown? Preserving the AI's but cutting them off unless the right tools are used?

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#29 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

anonfox123 wrote:[Real quote inside spoiler]
Spoiler!
Perhaps and EMP safeguard in the form of a data-lockdown? Preserving the AI's but cutting them off unless the right tools are used?
Spoiler!
If that was the case, don't you think Maine would have found a way to unlock them after the EMP? Even if it wasn't Main that did it himself, I'm sure that the techs from PFL would be able to unlock them. AND as shown in season 10, the AI's are implanted into the patient directly, not the equipment, therefore they would not be stored in the helmet, but Maine himself.

For my own things, loved that speech Epsilon gave, especially the end.

And for those who actually watched the credits, did anyone notice Joe the Cat (and other various animals) under security?

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#30 Post by Insomniac »

Fawkes wrote:
Spoiler!
Well that was quite the surprise ending there with the Chairman, I had for the most part forgotten about him in the last few seasons. For what I'd imagine that most of the viewers saw as a minor character, turned into quite a major player in this season. Maybe if this trend continues we might see a return of the Counselor in the future or someone else as well? But I have to admit, the Chairman is really good at keeping out of the spot light and biding his time to get his revenge and would have almost succeeded if it weren't for the Reds and Blues. But I have to say that my favorite part to the season finale was Church's version of the letters between the Director and Chairman, with his own signature twist on them. But I am curious to see what significance the Meta's helmet will hold in the next season, as far as we know it's just an electrically fried shell now and the other AI have been destroyed, but the chairman appears to not think so...
anonfox123 wrote:
Spoiler!
Also poor F.I.L.L.S, sounds like the Chairman's techies really tore into her...
Spoiler!
I think it's more like salvaged what was left of her, remember that at the end of season 10 the Director ordered her to erase all of the files at the facility, including herself. I'm surprised that they even got her to an operating condition after all that. But if they found what was left of her, then what else did they discover at the facility?
And after the helmet...X-RAY AND VAV, BABY!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.