Avengers: Age of Ultron

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Zylver
Grand Templar

Avengers: Age of Ultron

#1 Post by Zylver »

FIRST teaser tailer! :grin:

Are you guys excited about this film? :P What are your hopes and expectations about it?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Hoping for plenty of Hulk. Last Avengers lacked enough Hulk.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Insomniac »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Hoping for plenty of Hulk. Last Avengers lacked enough Hulk.
To be fair, Hulk kinda has one schtick. Smash.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

New Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer.

I don't know what it is but I find Ultron quoting a Disney movie to be both frightening and hilarious at the same time.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Zylver
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Zylver »

Schrodinger wrote:New Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer.

I don't know what it is but I find Ultron quoting a Disney movie to be both frightening and hilarious at the same time.
Very promising, I just hope that Marvel won't do the "Mandarin-effect" again! -.-

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
- Anonymus

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#6 Post by Insomniac »

Zylver wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:New Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer.

Very promising, I just hope that Marvel won't do the "Mandarin-effect" again! -.-
Oh gods, we are ALL hoping they don't do that again.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

Zylver wrote:"Mandarin-effect"
Man that was such a bad move, and they were doing so well making a realistic Mandarin in a modern setting...
Actually, there was a short based around Trevor (The actor) being a celebrity in prison on one of the special feature disk on either Capitan America or Thor 2. Anyway,
Spoiler!
At the end of the short an agent of the 10 rings kills all of the guards and takes Trevor to be judged and probably executed by the true Mandarin for sullying his name.

But back to Avengers. The main villain is menacing, Ultron's dialogue in the trailer just drives home the fact that this dude is meant to be feared. Unlike Loki who was kind of a 'nice' super villain in the last film.

Hulk Buster suit is going to be epic, but I'm kind of curious as to whether Tony or Utron's going to be the one controlling it during the fight. If it's Tony, dude what went so wrong that this was necessary ? If it's Ultron, oh he's just using a weapon in his arsenal that would counter the Hulk while focusing on the others, cool but sort of lack luster at the same time.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Zylver »

Extended teaser trailer! :grin:

Oh come on! I want it to be May 2015 now! :(

Fire.
- Anonymus

BallisticMaximus
New Citizen

#9 Post by BallisticMaximus »

Zylver wrote:Extended teaser trailer! :grin:

Oh come on! I want it to be May 2015 now! :(
For the last 10 minutes, I sat here wondering why you were waiting for May, and wondering why no one has said anything on this topic...
Until I realized... The movie released a week early in my country, and most others still had to wait...
*Slow clap for myself*

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#10 Post by The Rookie »

I'm really confused why it came out here in Australia like a week before the US, but I'm not complaining :grin:

The film was good, but I felt like they were trying to do a bit too much all the time. I just though there was just to many alpha type characters fighting for screen time (There's like 8 main characters and additional 6 or so call backs, such as War Machine and Falcon).

This film kind of made me a tad worried about Avengers 3 Parts 1 and 2. As it stands now, there will be roughly 25+ Main heroes between The Avengers, The Defenders, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Ant Man, Spider Man, Dr. Strange and all their side kick characters, such as Falcon and War Machine... This is without even going into the potential returning villains, like Loki or Red Skull...

BallisticMaximus
New Citizen

#11 Post by BallisticMaximus »

I saw a good 10 minutes of my country in the movie, then we also got it a week early, so that explains it for us here.
Maybe there was a bit in the movie shot in Australia as well. Just a thought...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#12 Post by The Rookie »

Yeah, there was a few Victorian (An Australian state) networks and film recognitions in the credits

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#13 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:I'm really confused why it came out here in Australia like a week before the US, but I'm not complaining :grin:

The film was good, but I felt like they were trying to do a bit too much all the time. I just though there was just to many alpha type characters fighting for screen time (There's like 8 main characters and additional 6 or so call backs, such as War Machine and Falcon).
I've heard Ultron going from created to villain seems to go way too fast. I've also heard that the studio had Joss cut a LOT out, his original cut was a good three hours long. And yes, the DVD/Blue Ray release will include the Director's Cut.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#14 Post by The Rookie »

Insomniac wrote:I've heard Ultron going from created to villain seems to go way too fast. I've also heard that the studio had Joss cut a LOT out, his original cut was a good three hours long. And yes, the DVD/Blue Ray release will include the Director's Cut.
I hope that's the case, it just felt like some aspects needed a bit more time to breath through out the film

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#15 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:
Insomniac wrote:I've heard Ultron going from created to villain seems to go way too fast. I've also heard that the studio had Joss cut a LOT out, his original cut was a good three hours long. And yes, the DVD/Blue Ray release will include the Director's Cut.
I hope that's the case, it just felt like some aspects needed a bit more time to breath through out the film
Saw it with my family this morning. Freaking LOVED it! Some of the changes made from the comics were certainly necessary, and I absolutely loved every funny line of dialogue, especially from Tony during the Hulkbuster scene.
Spoiler!
"Gotosleep, gotosleep, gotosleep!" "Going down! *Smashes Hulk with an elevator, Hulk spits out a tooth, cut to Tony's not very happy face* I'm sorry." "How fast can we buy that building?"