A Game of Thrones

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: A Game of Thrones

#136 Post by The Rookie »

Oh... Oh you poor soul...

I was under the impression the series was going on a slight tangent, but this feels like a swift kick in the nuts to the fans of the books.

So what do you think is going to happen with the show after this season if it's already this far off course ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#137 Post by Zylver »

Simple: I wait until the end of season 5, see how distracted it gets from the book and probably stop watching the show...
For me the biggest kick in stomach was leaving out the rest of the Greyjoy family members: I tell you, why I was reading their storyline I wish I could become an Ironborn than a Northmen! Bloody pirate-viking-swashbuckles, that's what they are!

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#138 Post by The Rookie »

Actually, what happened to Theon's sister, Asha? She came in all bad [censored] at the start of last season, but we haven't heard anything since then.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#139 Post by Zylver »

The Rookie wrote:Actually, what happened to Theon's sister, Asha? She came in all bad [censored] at the start of last season, but we haven't heard anything since then.
If there is a small chance (just maybe, please, I don't ask much) the other members of House Greyjoy will be introduced in season 6 (PLEASE!)
Spoiler!
Theon's father, Balon Greyjoy will die in a storm and that will summon all the rest of House Greyjoy - mostly brothers of Balon Greyjoy - back to the Iron Island. And who are they?
- Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy: he is the exiled brother of Balon, who returns just after the his death and has a claim on the Seastone Chair (the throne of the Iron Islands);
- Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy: the religious brother, high priest of the Drowned God, who fears that Euron's reign will bring the destruction of the Ironborn;
- Victarion Greyjoy: the strongest brother of all, commander of the Iron Fleet, the Damphair urges him to make claim on the Seastone Chair, and even he doesn't like Euron either, Victarion doesn't find himself suitable as a king.
- and of course, Asha who is the only living child of Balon, but being a woman, the Ironborn does not really want him to be queen.
So either Asha is back to the Iron Island and got axed from the show... or is back to the Iron Islands and everything is preped up for the larger introduction of Greyjoy in season 6. (PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#140 Post by The Rookie »

So... Much... Awesome...
Spoiler!
I actually yelled out "Valyrian steel, Mother [censored]!" during that last fight

Zylver
Grand Templar

#141 Post by Zylver »

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#142 Post by The Rookie »

Spoiler!
I trusted you Baratheon!

Zylver
Grand Templar

#143 Post by Zylver »

This was the lousiest 9th episode of all times... even the lousiest episode of the season... can I even say this was the lousiest episode of the series? Of course I can.

EDIT:
Everybody is loosing his mind about
Spoiler!
Princess Shireen's death
... and I'm just sitting here reading all the comments about it, laughing my [censored] off :D

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#144 Post by The Rookie »

Spoiler!
For a story line that has been going since season one, Stannis's arch completely plummeted in just 3 episodes. Not 100% sure if he died there, but I'm going to assume yes.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#145 Post by Zylver »

The Rookie wrote:
Spoiler!
For a story line that has been going since season one, Stannis's arch completely plummeted in just 3 episodes. Not 100% sure if he died there, but I'm going to assume yes.
Stannis' storyline started to derail after he defeated the wildlings at the Wall and it spiralled down to this.
Oh and btw, THIS happens when you put a lot of fillers in the majority of the episodes of the season, and then "whoops last episode, lets put 10 storylines in one episodes with cliffhangers... [censored] love cliffhangers".

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#146 Post by The Rookie »

Well I'm not sure how else they could have done it really, they're running out of characters, story material and time.

If only they had used some other characters i.e. The Freys, Lady Stoneheart.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#147 Post by Zylver »

I have no idea where the show will be going now, even if there are three more seasons to go.
Sure they can still introduce new characters into the show (the Greyjoys, please!) but I still think there are a few messed up storylines as well as the ones that got axed totally or halfway through...
I'm more eager to read the new books as soon as they come out!

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#148 Post by The Rookie »

For the Show. Linked due to size.

Oh Jon. Linked due to spoilers.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#149 Post by The Rookie »

Zylver
Grand Templar

#150 Post by Zylver »

Sorry, but as long as Mr. Martin does not finish the remaining two books or the producers of the show introduce the other two major character of house Greyjoy, Game of Thrones is dead to me...

Fire.
- Anonymus