What color rims?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

What color of Rim should go on a Molten Orange Fiesta ST

Black with red stripe
92%
White with red stripe
8%

Total votes: 13

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

What color rims?

#1 Post by SirSlaughter »

So I have a question, and I have a poll for it. I figured I could ask you guys and there isn't anything in the rules saying I can't ask a cosmetic car question in the FAQ board which literally states ask anything. So here I go.

I have run into a dillema. I have found a set of Rims for my vehicle that I believe would look divine on my vehicle.
They are Lenso D1-R ET35 4X108 rims.
http://lensowheels.com.au/Product-Detai ... heeld1r/11
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Ford-FIESTA- ... 35d80fa47a

What I want to know is, should I go with Black with red stripe? Or White with red stripe?

Here are a few pics to show what they look like:
ImageImage

I wanted to know what you guys thought. I personally prefer the black rims, but I am open to a possibility of the whites. I have plastidipped (Rubber paint) my rims white before and I thought it looked damn fine. But that was before my black stripe and the car was a blank slate. The car has had work done since then and looks a little different.

For context of the imagination to place the wheels, here are some pics of the car now.
I will link these due to the sheer size of them.

before the lug nuts
What it looked like the day I bought it and proceeded to plasti dip the rims white
How the lug nuts look on OEM rims
When I added my underglow kit
Aaaand now I'm just showing off

Now if weight is a consideration: The OEM wheels weigh in at 22 lbs without the tires each
These Lenso rims weigh in around 17.4 lbs without tires.
Now if I combine that with the lightweight lugnuts, I will have shed quite a few pounds. So weight is of no concern to me as I know I will lose weight and thus increase efficiency and speed in my vehicle.

I personally think the black would look better, but I have had friends insist that the white would look better.
I sorta agree...if I were to keep the car a blank slate other than performance mods. But with all the accents slowly turning black such as the stripe, and the front Splitter I plan to acquire as well as my calipers going to be painted red. I figure the black better. But I am currently holding polls across many places just to see what kind of votes I get.

Sorry if this really doesn't belong here, but I figure why not. I've seen wackier threads survive.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

Re: What color rims?

#2 Post by Bachaddict »

Black makes it look like a sports car, while white looks more like a professional's car. I'm no car enthusiast, I bought the most cheap and reliable car I could find and haven't spent an unnecessary dollar on it yet. Even the two hubcaps I've lost I replaced with identical ones found on the street!
|This box is too sm|

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah, you should get the black ones. If you have lights under the car, you wouldn't want to subtract from that by having white rims. They'd steal the light and redirect attention.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Zylver »

Choose the black one, mate! :grin: It fits much better than the white one 8)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

I've seen an orange Fiesta with black rims. Trust me, you want that.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#6 Post by jacobc62 »

Trust me when I say "black rims" on this. They go with almost any car color... Just look at my art thread! You'll see that I have experience in rim color/car color.... Granted, a good 98% of the rims on those stock-cars are black, so.....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Him »

I am no expert on cars or anything, but I shake my head each time I see white rims. Go with the black, black goes with everything.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

Him wrote:I am no expert on cars or anything, but I shake my head each time I see white rims. Go with the black, black goes with everything.
This.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#9 Post by DariusL »

Him wrote:I am no expert on cars or anything, but I shake my head each time I see white rims. Go with the black, black goes with everything.
White rims look tacky.