PC Emulators

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

PC Emulators

#1 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Heya, everyone! Recently, I've been jonesing for some Zelda, but have no system to play it on. That's right: I lack a 3DS, Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, and NES, along with all the other systems that Zelda is featured on that I won't mention. So, my question is this:

Are there any good, free PC emulators out there that I can use to play Wind Waker, or Ocarina, or Majora, or any other Zelda game, and if so, can you describe them to me?

Also, could you link them?
See what I did there?

Thanks!
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

foxlord
Elder foxy

Re: PC Emulators

#2 Post by foxlord »

Google is your friend mate.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Chris
Templar

#3 Post by Chris »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Heya, everyone! Recently, I've been jonesing for some Zelda, but have no system to play it on. That's right: I lack a 3DS, Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, and NES, along with all the other systems that Zelda is featured on that I won't mention. So, my question is this:

Are there any good, free PC emulators out there that I can use to play Wind Waker, or Ocarina, or Majora, or any other Zelda game, and if so, can you describe them to me?
For the Gamecube/Wii, Dolphin is probably your best bet.
For the NES/SNES/GameBoy-family, I'd have a look at Higan.
For the N64, I think Project64 is the go-to one for Windows (or Mupen64Plus for Linux/OSX).

I don't know what's available for 3DS emulation, and I don't know if there's any viable Wii U emulators yet.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Thanks, Chris. I got Dolphin, I almost got a working Wind Waker; but, even at a mere 1.1 gigs, it took far too long, and it finished in about half an hour with so many errors I couldn't see straight. I decided to try for Wind Waker(and maybe even Twilight Princess(but definitely not Skyward Sword, my computer wouldn't be able to handle it)) this weekend.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.