Apprentice

Re: Comic for December 8th, 2016

#31 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Serious? ME!?? Hah!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#32 Post by tony1695 »

This feels like a shout-out to World of Warcraft, of all things.
In particular, one of the female Worgen's /flirt lines.
"You know... worgen women have six nipples."
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#33 Post by Schrodinger »

Well, I had to stifle myself from bursting out laughing. Good work.

On a more serious note, this kind of dialog doesn't come across to me as something overtly sexual, it's the kind of ribbing I'd expect from two guys in private. Frankly, I'll take good character interaction over supposedly broken lore. Also good to see that Red's haste did leave some lasting damage, could use that later.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#34 Post by The Rookie »

Tom wrote:If anything, people might suspect I have a fear of nipples.
I'm pretty sure Sythe is just messing with Red at this point, which would be a good thing since it'd show how 'close' the pair have gotten since their introduction.

A month of being forced to travel together and now they're comfortable enough to share a spar, that's a major break through for Red :roll:

Edit: Just noticed Raine now has a scar on her stomach.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#35 Post by Envy661 »

e621 the page. Just the vibe I got from it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#36 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear, lewd. However, with those two it does not surprise me. I feel like Sythe has to just be messing with Red though.

At least Nibbly was cute :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bizkit

#37 Post by Bizkit »

I seem to be the only one who doesn't understand what Sythe is talking about. What does he mean by "rows"?

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#38 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Shar wrote:This actually begs the question of why only the top 2 develop... it seems strange to give them rows when only 2 are ever used since we actually DID see an example of a nursing keidran previously... Perhaps the rest are evolutionary leftovers?
I think we can safely assume that it's not an evolutionary thing. Tom has gone on record saying that the Keidran races were created by the masks, and no evolution was involved.

Given that the Keidran does resemble animals that are present in this world I'd guess that these animals were either used as source or as models for the Keidran races. A mystery though are the humans. I can't remember if Tom said that they has evolved, were created, or if they were transported here from some other world. I do think it was one of the two later alternatives, and that their arrival or creation happened at the same time as the Keidran races was created. As I remember it this was part of some game the masks were playing, where each mask took responsibility for one of the new races.

So why would the Keidran be created with only two mammary when the animals they were either created from, or modeled after has many more? Well I can think of a few theories that might fit.

First one is that if humans was imported then the masks responsible for the Keidran races chose to adhere to the basic human form to make their people more compatible with both equipment and culture, and that included things like being bipedal, the basic hand structure with opposable thumbs, and approximately the same body proportions. The body proportions might have included the two collections of tissue that human women tend to develop on their chest. This last might have been done without reflecting on the practical and social implications, in which case it's very possible that wolf keidran ladies has something like 8 or 10 functional teats, 2 functional teats and 6 to 8 non functional, or they only has two teats just like humans.

If the Keidran races were created using the animals as inspiration or a template then the reasons for going with two visible breasts are the same as in the previous theory, but it becomes less likely that they will have any more teats, functional or not.

The way Sythe was trolling Red suggests that the wolf Keidran retains the same number of nipples as the animal wolves. However it doesn't tell us anything about how many of these might be functional. Note that even if female keidran has several non functional teats these still might quite sensitive just like they are for human males. So Sythe's jab might actually be something Red should keep in mind if that ship ever makes it out of it's dock...

Ddraig
Templar Master

#39 Post by Ddraig »

Bizkit wrote:I seem to be the only one who doesn't understand what Sythe is talking about. What does he mean by "rows"?
rows of mammary glands and/or associated papilla.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

stealthyblue
New Citizen

#40 Post by stealthyblue »

Maybe this has already been discussed but what's with the floating rocks? :shock:

Aurora
Citizen

#41 Post by Aurora »

Is it just me or does it look like Red has his hand in his shorts. :P

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#42 Post by Welsh halfwit »

stealthyblue wrote:Maybe this has already been discussed but what's with the floating rocks? :shock:
Small, hot, rocks can float as easily as a Squirrel can.
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#43 Post by jacobc62 »

Cpt.Obvious wrote:*snip*
I propose a counter to that in that the Mask(s) that created the Keidran race could've foreseen the potential issues with multiple teats and/or breasts on bi-pedal humanoid creatures. Also, it would probably be safe to assume that, despite the shorter life span, a female Keidran would give birth to a similar amount of children that a female human would, thus reducing the need for more than 2 mammary glands.....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

amenon
Grand Templar

#44 Post by amenon »

The Rookie wrote:A month of being forced to travel together and now they're comfortable enough to share a spar, that's a major break through for Red :roll:
It hasn't been a month -- more like a week maybe? -- but yeah, it's a really good interaction between them :grin:
Welsh halfwit wrote:
stealthyblue wrote:Maybe this has already been discussed but what's with the floating rocks? :shock:
Small, hot, rocks can float as easily as a Squirrel can.
Which is to say, not particularily well on air :P

The answer is maaaaaaaaaaaaagic.
Aurora wrote:Is it just me or does it look like Red has his hand in his shorts. :P
Don't know about in his shorts, but I think there's something odd going on with his groin region.

By which I mean that the art looks a little awkward, rather than anything else :P It almost looks to me like his two legs are part of two different poses. (Though admittedly, things can just look really weird sometimes, with how your clothes happen to be sitting and such.)

Since nobody's mentioned it, I think, I like Karen's grin. That's more like her :grin:

And of course, Raine is absolutely right. Fur doesn't make you any less naked -- unless you think it does. And I don't think the keidran even think it does, they just have a different standard of modesty. I wonder what kind of split Maren has in her mind between Raine the human and Raine the wolf. Maybe she thinks it shouldn't really matter because it isn't really her?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#45 Post by Warrl »

JohnTheWysard wrote:Raine is absolutely gorgeous in the third panel. Love the eyes.
I'm pretty sure you mean the 5th panel. Maren's eye (only one) is in the third panel.
I do have to correct one word though: it should be "peaks" not "perks".
Either works in this case, although they mean quite different things.