Comic for April 25, 2012

#1 Post by Nazarov »

Alt Text: "Keys to the Keidran"

Sean De Retro
Council Member

Re: Comic for April 25, 2012

#2 Post by Sean De Retro »

Aw you beat me to it.
Two out of three Keidran set free not bad, still I wonder what Eric is going to say to Kat.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

So, he’s not selling Kathrin. I guess he wants to do that “If you love something, set it free.” thing.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Shiru
Apprentice

#4 Post by Shiru »

It's not like Kat's ever really been a "slave". No mind control spells, and heck, she could even say "No" if she didn't want to do something. She was really more like hired help... just she only got paid in reading lessons. Given that though, all Eric has to say is that he can't set her free because she's always been free.

Or maybe that he doesn't like the idea of selling her off to another man.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Donnellson86 »

If we recall what Eric said last week, we can surmise that he is willing to risk his freedom for Kat.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#6 Post by judah4 »

Flora's shading looks a little different in the first panel to me and I like it. :grin:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#7 Post by TinyVoices »

Wonder if Kat is checking on Nat...

Wonder if Flora will then go to Kat. (I'm paranoid about this...)

I wonder where the hell Keith is. And Addie.

And who was phone? Oh hold up, we found that out already; Addie. :roll:

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Yes and this is why im in the eric fan club last panel WHOS THE EVIL FREEDOM STEELER NOW EH

The [censored] did that come from??

Anyway id spent so long without seeing flora as a main part of a panel till now and suddenly get hit with a tail shot...
ImageImageImage

Holmborn
Master

#9 Post by Holmborn »

Main character action! long time since that has happened :P
Within my body, Lies the whole of the universe. I am eternal! -Seth

Frist
Master

#10 Post by Frist »

I love how Flora can switch nonchalantly between hands and paws all time.
Boost!----------------------COMBO BOOST!!

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#11 Post by Twippit »

BadFoMo wrote:So, he’s not selling Kathrin. I guess he wants to do that “If you love something, set it free.” thing.
Shiru wrote:It's not like Kat's ever really been a "slave". No mind control spells, and heck, she could even say "No" if she didn't want to do something. She was really more like hired help... just she only got paid in reading lessons. Given that though, all Eric has to say is that he can't set her free because she's always been free.

Or maybe that he doesn't like the idea of selling her off to another man.
As I've thought from the beginning, Eric simply won't sell Kathrin, and I have a suspicion that he won’t (explicitly) set her free, either. It's simply not in his character.
Firstly, he's been known to be a bit selfish; these tendencies underlie any action he takes (though I highly doubt this is his sole motivation ATM). He’s trying to show Kathrin that he can have the attitude of, “Look, I can support freedom for the slaves! Off they go! I don’t need them!” and leave his business without any adverse affects. So of course, he’d want to keep her around so that she can see what Eric is doing for her. Also, again being a little selfish, Eric wants to keep Kat to himself. If she truly loves him, then (being the perv that he is) he’s gonna want everything he can get out of the relationship. He won’t give that up.

Then again, on the other hand, Eric is a kind and loving master (from everything we’ve heard). Maybe Eric will give Kat free reign over her decisions from now on; and if she chooses to leave, she can. Given the way the story’s going now, this is more likely to happen, I feel, with Eric sobbing into Kat’s lap about how sorry he is. Then again, this potential storyline could also end with -as Kat is walking out the door with tears in her eyes- a selfish Eric who can’t bear to loose her chasing after her and screaming “WAIT I LOVE YOU!”

IMO, the Eric/Kat/Anti-slavery storyline is progressing too quickly. Eric needed time to mull over whether to release his slaves or not, and he needed to do it before the camera for characterization purposes, but that didn’t happen. Now Eric is quitting his slaver career altogether at the behest of his slave, almost on a whim!

We’ll see if Tom ends up giving us more than one comic of Eric and Kat talking this over. I hope he does; the more, the better. I actually like Eric and Kat, and this entire side quest has been entertaining; I just hope it gets the proper attention. :?

Also, what’s up with Trace wearing a hoodie? Those weren’t invented until 1930... /nitpick
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Gradivus
Master

#12 Post by Gradivus »

Twippit wrote:Eric simply won't sell Kathrin, and I have a suspicion that he won’t (blatantly) set her free, either. It's simply not in his character.
It's not really an option for him to set her free, as long as it's a crime to do so. They would have to move to that Shangri-La type valley in the middle of Tiger land for that to happen (i.e., spoiler alert: the probable ending of this entire strip).

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#13 Post by Twippit »

Gradivus wrote:
Twippit wrote:Eric simply won't sell Kathrin, and I have a suspicion that he won’t (blatantly) set her free, either. It's simply not in his character.
It's not really an option for him to set her free, as long as it's a crime to do so. They would have to move to that Shangri-La type valley in the middle of Tiger land for that to happen (i.e., spoiler alert: the probable ending of this entire strip).
Sure it is. He's doing it right now with Mike and Evals (indirectly, but still doing it); and my thought is that Kat means even more to him than his other slaves, so he would be willing to put himself at such risk as to free Kat just to show her how much he cares. Seeing as he already doesn't have her on a mind-control spell, Eric is free-willed enough to go against the law; I feel this is another instance where he might do so. As long as nobody finds out, he (and Kat) are safe. What the Templar don't know don't hurt 'em.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#14 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

I'm looking forward to seeing what Eric is going to say to Kat.
Tom was always good at having 90% of the pages leaving you wanting the next.
ImageImage

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheDragonfiend »

The crap you talking about its meant to be 100%
ImageImageImage