The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#826 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:"Hey, Sylvi, can you describe to me, with the most detail you can, what Sven is telling or showing you right now?"
Sylvi isn't exactly in great shape, at first glance she mistakes you for someone else entirely."Raimius? No, wait.. Typo.. Tychooo" she shakes her head vigorously, as if it'd sober her up for a moment, but it has little to no effect. "Sorry, just... Yeah..." she mutters, realising the state she's put her self in can't appear all that positive to those around her.

Sylvi's eye's glow blue as she makes the connection. "I can see the town, it's a little blurry looking, but there's no obvious danger. Everyone is looking at m- Sven. Everyone is looking at Sven? Why is everyone looking a Sven?" for what ever reason, this appears to have upset her a little. "He's a good boy... He didn't do anything wrong..."
2561642 wrote:"Too late? I think we might have gotten word of plumes of smoke over the horizon if the otters had beaten us. There was quite a lot of fire in Twin Lakes when they attacked. What do you think, Duke? Or should I call you Captain since I'm manning your rudder? I apologize, I've never been very good with titles."
Phaing wrote:The Duke ignores all that, and stands up to look out of the other ports. He ducks out of reflex as the gig passes overhead, a gurgling whoosh, and then shrugs. "If they attack now, we are trapped in here....
That's all Sylvi needed to hear to break her connection to Sven, pulling her back to the ship in a mild state of panic. "Trapped?! <He said trapped! Why are we trapped?! Oh Nuetral! How do we get out of this thing?>" she latches on to Tycho, her hands firmly wrapped around his collar. "<You built this thing! How do we get out?!>"
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#827 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

2561642 wrote:Growing up with keidran means that Tycho knows this is defensive posturing - but he also knows it looks rather hostile to the unaware human eye. Tycho whispers to Anaraia, "They're not going to stop bothering you if you growl at them. This is a close, confined space, and being threatening to people in a cramped place like this isn't a good idea." He's careful to avoid mentioning the fact that they're underwater, to avoid triggering what he assumes to be Sylvi's bathophobia.

"Besides, everyone's too busy rowing to bother you. Relax."
"Right, sorry. Just instinct. I'll try to hold it back." It was only partially true, and she did stop, but she was still watching the sailors, but trying to be a little more discreet. She didn't want to be caught off guard.
Phaing wrote:Then; "We have another problem now. The chaos of battle would have made it a moot point, but since we are not going to be heroically rescuing this town we don't have an excuse for the four of you being here. How are we going to get you ashore without it becoming some kind of spectacle?"
The Rookie wrote:That's all Sylvi needed to hear to break her connection to Sven, pulling her back to the ship in a mild state of panic. "Trapped?! <He said trapped! Why are we trapped?! Oh Nuetral! How do we get out of this thing?>" she latches on to Tycho, her hands firmly wrapped around his collar. "<You built this thing! How do we get out?!>"
She sees Sylvi start freaking out and moves carefully towards her and places her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "<Calm down Sylvi, the situation he mentioned us being trapped is not the situation we're in now. We will get out and soon.>" She looks at the Duke. "I don't know how we can do it, but I think Sylvi here should be the first one out. She is obviously the least one comfortable in this thing."

Phaing
Master

#828 Post by Phaing »

Well, Tycho was grabbed and spoken to, so I was waiting.
I will have to post something late tonight if he does not post by then.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#829 Post by Phaing »

Alright then-
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
The Rookie wrote:That's all Sylvi needed to hear to break her connection to Sven, pulling her back to the ship in a mild state of panic. "Trapped?! <He said trapped! Why are we trapped?! Oh Nuetral! How do we get out of this thing?>" she latches on to Tycho, her hands firmly wrapped around his collar. "<You built this thing! How do we get out?!>"
She sees Sylvi start freaking out and moves carefully towards her and places her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "<Calm down Sylvi, the situation he mentioned us being trapped is not the situation we're in now. We will get out and soon.>" She looks at the Duke. "I don't know how we can do it, but I think Sylvi here should be the first one out. She is obviously the least one comfortable in this thing."
"Switch!" The Duke orders the rowers and Guards to switch places, and while they are going it he has a chance to walk down the length of the boat. "What is going on? Why are you shaking my Helmsman~?"

Once he sees what is going on, he calls to the front; "Smiley!"
The grimmest sailor of the lot looks back.
"Look up front, and guide Tycho between the pilings!"

And now he looks back at the Wolf and the Fox. "Oh, I see what the problem is. All hunched up like that... no wonder. Well, what works on a sailboat ought to work for you." He grabs you both and hauls you right up. He isn't gentle, but he is also kindly (y his own standards) as he puts your faces right up to a couple of viewports.

The inside of Tycho's boat was dingy, it is naturally brighter out in the water. There is little to see, but it may be interesting to see how quickly fish can move in their own environment. A small school scatters when a larger fish appears; a needle-shaped beast 4 feet long that seems to be 2 feet of teeth when it opens it's mouth. A Lobster raises it's claws to you, the bottom is so near the oars are stirring up silt... and then pilings start passing by, the light dims a little and the surface of the ocean ..... how strange it looks from underneath ! .... calms down.

"We are under the pier now. When Ramius ties up, you folks will climb out in here, step on to the Gig where nobody can see you, and you will be in Sarn. Do you think you can control yourselves for 10 more minutes?"
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

#830 Post by 2561642 »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:The Duke ignores all that, and stands up to look out of the other ports. He ducks out of reflex as the gig passes overhead, a gurgling whoosh, and then shrugs. "If they attack now, we are trapped in here....
That's all Sylvi needed to hear to break her connection to Sven, pulling her back to the ship in a mild state of panic. "Trapped?! <He said trapped! Why are we trapped?! Oh Nuetral! How do we get out of this thing?>" she latches on to Tycho, her hands firmly wrapped around his collar. "<You built this thing! How do we get out?!>"
[[This happens before the Duke intervenes.]]

Tycho coughs in Sylvi's face, suddenly assaulted by the rancid smell of booze breath. He is too shocked by this sudden hostility to even push Sylvi away. "We get out with the hatch. We also get out by letting me steer the ship, so if you could just... let me go... you'll get out of here sooner. We are almost to the docks. I think."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She sees Sylvi start freaking out and moves carefully towards her and places her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "<Calm down Sylvi, the situation he mentioned us being trapped is not the situation we're in now. We will get out and soon.>" She looks at the Duke. "I don't know how we can do it, but I think Sylvi here should be the first one out. She is obviously the least one comfortable in this thing."
"She makes an excellent point, and I support her suggestion." It's apparent from his overeager voice that he really doesn't want to get manhandled again.

[[And now to the present:]]
Phaing wrote:"Look up front, and guide Tycho between the pilings!"
Tycho adjusts the ship's heading at "Smiley"'s instructions with no delay or difficulty, and sits silently until they are under the pier.

[[And I'm back, for now. This week has been rough.]]

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#831 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:Tycho coughs in Sylvi's face, suddenly assaulted by the rancid smell of booze breath. He is too shocked by this sudden hostility to even push Sylvi away. "We get out with the hatch. We also get out by letting me steer the ship, so if you could just... let me go... you'll get out of here sooner. We are almost to the docks. I think."
"How long is almost?" Sylvi asked, still in a frantic voice, yet much quieter. "Like in a few minutes? Another hour? What if we're trapped?.... Tycho, what happens if the hatch doesn't open?! Is that the only way ou- Huh?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She sees Sylvi start freaking out and moves carefully towards her and places her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "<Calm down Sylvi, the situation he mentioned us being trapped is not the situation we're in now. We will get out and soon.>" She looks at the Duke. "I don't know how we can do it, but I think Sylvi here should be the first one out. She is obviously the least one comfortable in this thing."
"She makes an excellent point, and I support her suggestion." It's apparent from his overeager voice that he really doesn't want to get manhandled again.
Phaing wrote:"Switch!" The Duke orders the rowers and Guards to switch places, and while they are going it he has a chance to walk down the length of the boat. "What is going on? Why are you shaking my Helmsman~?"
Sylvi doens't know how to how to react at the duke's sudden appearance. Part of her wants to cower, another fight, a third to ignore him and carry on shaking Tycho, and a forth to turn to her canteen. Luckily for her, she doesn't need to choose...
Phaing wrote:Once he sees what is going on, he calls to the front; "Smiley!"
"What? Nononono wait wait he was telling us about how we can get out of here" waving her hands frantically in front of the dkue before turning to Tycho again. "Right, Tycho? Help us escape?" Spoken though anxiety riddled laughter and a nervous, almost haunting, smile on her face.

Her voice trails off however, as Tycho begins to disappear down the front of the vessel, and all hope seemed lost as she disappeared in the Duke's shadow.
Phaing wrote:And now he looks back at the Wolf and the Fox. "Oh, I see what the problem is. All hunched up like that... no wonder. Well, what works on a sailboat ought to work for you." He grabs you both and hauls you right up. He isn't gentle, but he is also kindly (y his own standards) as he puts your faces right up to a couple of viewports.
Initially, Sylvi takes the wrong idea to a dramatic extreme. (As is usually the case) "No! He's throwing me out! We're going to drown! We're going to- Oh..." she stops the moment she realises she wasn't in any real danger. "Right... Sorry, Sir..."

Having a view of the outside world was both magical and utterly terrifying, but it was so alien and strange that it fascinated her more than anything else.
Phaing wrote:"We are under the pier now. When Ramius ties up, you folks will climb out in here, step on to the Gig where nobody can see you, and you will be in Sarn. Do you think you can control yourselves for 10 more minutes?"
"Only 10?" she ask, peering out into the deep blue. "M-Maybe... After another drink..."

//Sorry for the delay. Settling into the new house still.//

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#832 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:And now he looks back at the Wolf and the Fox. "Oh, I see what the problem is. All hunched up like that... no wonder. Well, what works on a sailboat ought to work for you." He grabs you both and hauls you right up. He isn't gentle, but he is also kindly (y his own standards) as he puts your faces right up to a couple of viewports.

The inside of Tycho's boat was dingy, it is naturally brighter out in the water. There is little to see, but it may be interesting to see how quickly fish can move in their own environment. A small school scatters when a larger fish appears; a needle-shaped beast 4 feet long that seems to be 2 feet of teeth when it opens it's mouth. A Lobster raises it's claws to you, the bottom is so near the oars are stirring up silt... and then pilings start passing by, the light dims a little and the surface of the ocean ..... how strange it looks from underneath ! .... calms down.

"We are under the pier now. When Ramius ties up, you folks will climb out in here, step on to the Gig where nobody can see you, and you will be in Sarn. Do you think you can control yourselves for 10 more minutes?"
Anaraia goes without struggling, despite the fact he wasn't being gentile. When put in front of the viewport, she looks out in amazement. "I could get used to this view, if there was a way to get those fish in here for eating." She had a look on her face that was both amazement and saying that if she weren't very smart, she'd jump through the viewport just to eat some of them. "But yes, I am fine waiting a little bit. No need to rush things, unless those pirates attack right now."
The Rookie wrote:"Only 10?" she ask, peering out into the deep blue. "M-Maybe... After another drink..."
"Um..." She looks over to Sylvi. "Are you sure that's wise? I don't know exactly how much you've already had, but it seems to have been too much already." Again, she puts her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "We'll be out soon. very soon."

Phaing
Master

#833 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: "But yes, I am fine waiting a little bit. No need to rush things, unless those pirates attack right now."
"Now?!"
Sailors can be superstitious, they all tense up just because you said something.

The Duke tries to be cool; "Nonsense, its almost dark." And then he realizes what he said, and how vulnerable we are now. "Lets get this done, quickly now!"
The Rookie wrote:"Only 10?" she ask, peering out into the deep blue. "M-Maybe... After another drink..."
quote="DarkTheImmortal"]"Um..." She looks over to Sylvi. "Are you sure that's wise? I don't know exactly how much you've already had, but it seems to have been too much already." Again, she puts her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "We'll be out soon. very soon."[/quote]

The Duke releases you as the craft reaches the surface, you can tell from the way it is bobbing and the soft thump as you make contact with the Gig.
"I didn't realize you drank so much...." and to Annarinda; "Does Raimius know?"

To Tycho; "I think we can handle this without you now, here you go'" he tosses you a small bag filled with coin. When you look later on, it is mostly Gold.
"Your bonus, I wasn't sure if we would be swimming by now or not. Wearing in here armor would seem like a bad idea anyway, what with the close quarters. Now, if you don't mind, lets see if your method of providing us with an exit works as well as everything else."

The gig is right next to you, but only Zven knows what is about to happen....

heh heh

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#834 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Um..." She looks over to Sylvi. "Are you sure that's wise? I don't know exactly how much you've already had, but it seems to have been too much already." Again, she puts her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "We'll be out soon. very soon."
"Nonsense, I've only had..." She pauses, failing to recall just how much she'd consumed. "I mean, I don't think I've had much... Maybe 3 or 4?" She shakes her canteen to confirm, however the sloshing heard inside tells a different story. Roughly half of the 2 litre canteen was empty...

Sylvi looked shocked for a moment, but then shrugs it off as if it was no big deal. She even goes for another sip only seconds after the revelation. "If I've had this much and I''m still standing, then those sailors are light weights... What do you thinks actually in here? Rum and sea water? Heheheh..."

The problem with that statement is she hasn't been standing. On the contrary, she's been sitting in one place for the better part of three hours in a swaying submerged vessel. Only the Gods know what'll happen the moment she tries to take a step on dry land.
Phaing wrote:"I didn't realize you drank so much...." and to Annarinda; "Does Raimius know?"
"There's a lot you don't know about me. Did I tell you I'm a princess? Cause I is. Princess of the wild North!" she cries out, spilling about a shot's worth of booze onto the ship's floor. "Marcho knows this! That's why he treats me so nicely. Because I'm his princess. That's why he gives me foot rubs..." She pauses and looks to Ana. "Does Tycho give you foot rubs? I think he would if you asked him nicely. Hee heh hee.."

Phaing wrote:The gig is right next to you, but only Zven knows what is about to happen....
I'm afraid Sven isn't going to be all that much help to those in the ship. Between Sylvi trying to play match maker and Sven apparently trying to sing the Elk version of "A health to the Company" not much information is being relayed between the two.

#835 Post by 2561642 »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:Once he sees what is going on, he calls to the front; "Smiley!"
"What? Nononono wait wait he was telling us about how we can get out of here" waving her hands frantically in front of the dkue before turning to Tycho again. "Right, Tycho? Help us escape?" Spoken though anxiety riddled laughter and a nervous, almost haunting, smile on her face.
Tycho sighs in frustration. "I am helping us "escape"... by doing my job at the rudder! Unless you fancy a swim in frigid water, just wait until we get to the docks, and please don't attack the helmsman." He rubs his neck with a free hand as he speaks.

[quote="The Rookie]"Only 10?" she ask, peering out into the deep blue. "M-Maybe... After another drink..."[/quote]
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Um..." She looks over to Sylvi. "Are you sure that's wise? I don't know exactly how much you've already had, but it seems to have been too much already." Again, she puts her hand on Sylvi's shoulder. "We'll be out soon. very soon."
"Listen to the fox, Sylvi. We need to be as inconspicuous as possible in Sarn - and I fear you may have already made that more difficult."
The Rookie wrote:"There's a lot you don't know about me. Did I tell you I'm a princess? Cause I is. Princess of the wild North!" she cries out, spilling about a shot's worth of booze onto the ship's floor. "Marcho knows this! That's why he treats me so nicely. Because I'm his princess. That's why he gives me foot rubs..." She pauses and looks to Ana. "Does Tycho give you foot rubs? I think he would if you asked him nicely. Hee heh hee.."
Under his breath, "...Much more difficult...."
Phaing wrote:To Tycho; "I think we can handle this without you now, here you go'" he tosses you a small bag filled with coin. When you look later on, it is mostly Gold.
"Your bonus, I wasn't sure if we would be swimming by now or not. Wearing in here armor would seem like a bad idea anyway, what with the close quarters. Now, if you don't mind, lets see if your method of providing us with an exit works as well as everything else."
Tycho takes the bag and reaches out for a handshake. "Thank you, it's been a pleasure working on something not mundane for a change." He looks over to the hatch. "I just hope Sylvi's lucid enough that we don't need to carry her out of the hatch ourselves."

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#836 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:and to Anaraia; "Does Raimius know?"
Anaraia shrugs. "I don't know. I think this only happened after we got in here. She seems... anxious in here." She looks at the wolf, trying to see why she drank so much, not trying to hide the inspective look on her face.
The Rookie wrote:"Nonsense, I've only had..." She pauses, failing to recall just how much she'd consumed. "I mean, I don't think I've had much... Maybe 3 or 4?" She shakes her canteen to confirm, however the sloshing heard inside tells a different story. Roughly half of the 2 litre canteen was empty...
"That's... quite a lot for a keidran." She said, going off the norms for the keidran she grew up with, both with what Sylvi said and what the sound in the canteen says. She looked and spoke to Tycho, with a bit of a worrying expression. "I hope we'll be able to stay somewhere in town. I don't think we're going to get far with her like that."
The Rookie wrote:She pauses and looks to Ana. "Does Tycho give you foot rubs? I think he would if you asked him nicely. Hee heh hee.."
She didn't know how to react to this, especially since she didn't really trust Tycho that much to give anything even close to that. "I'd... rather not. I can care for myself. If my feet need to be rubbed, I can do it myself. I especially don't need it from a..." She stopped herself again from saying 'Human', trying to get rid of that negative image past experiences have ingrained in her head.

Phaing
Master

#837 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:I'm afraid Sven isn't going to be all that much help to those in the ship. Between Sylvi trying to play match maker and Sven apparently trying to sing the Elk version of "A health to the Company" ....
//Um.... what?//

2561642 wrote: Tycho takes the bag and reaches out for a handshake. "Thank you, it's been a pleasure working on something not mundane for a change." He looks over to the hatch. "I just hope Sylvi's lucid enough that we don't need to carry her out of the hatch ourselves."
"I could have a couple of our stronger hands toss her up the hatch, if that helps."
He's not actually kidding...

DarkTheImmortal wrote: She didn't know how to react to this, especially since she didn't really trust Tycho that much to give anything even close to that. "I'd... rather not. I can care for myself. If my feet need to be rubbed, I can do it myself. I especially don't need it from a..." She stopped herself again from saying 'Human', trying to get rid of that negative image past experiences have ingrained in her head.
Some of the sailors snicker and shake their heads... its not like anyone is taking anything Sylvi is saying seriously.

A few of the men have been drinking, you can smell it on them. Some are even a bit drunk, but they do every bit their work. Sylvi is looking line a newbie making a newbie mistake, that's all.

The oars on the side where the Gig is are pulled in, and that means the men in the benches won't be able to get our of their seats for a while. The two craft thump up against each other and the Duke (somewhat bravely) sticks his head out of the hatch. "Ahoy there!"
There is a pause, and you can only her his side of the conversation. "I don't know ... No, your work is done here, we will simply have to think of something new.... Yes, a little the worse for wear ... If nobody can see us do it, we can send them over right now." He turns back to you all; "Alright, quickly now, lets get you out of here."
Rita will go last, she insists.

On the Gig, Raimius asks Sven; "Can you jump up onto the dock and cause a little distraction for us?"

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#838 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote://Um.... what?//
//This except in elk wails and grunts. His connection to Sylvi has made him equally as drunk/useless.//
2561642 wrote:"Listen to the fox, Sylvi. We need to be as inconspicuous as possible in Sarn - and I fear you may have already made that more difficult."
"I'm always inconspicuous... Nothing says conspicuous like someone trying to act inconspicuous. So you have to do something that'll make you stand out a little, otherwise you'll stand out a lot..." Though intoxicated, Sylvi delivers her warped logic with as much confidence as an experienced college lecturer. Then there's a spark of joy that seemingly explodes from no where. "I know! You and Ana should hold hands! It'll be cute, and everyone will notice, but not want to say anything about it. Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:She didn't know how to react to this, especially since she didn't really trust Tycho that much to give anything even close to that. "I'd... rather not. I can care for myself. If my feet need to be rubbed, I can do it myself. I especially don't need it from a..." She stopped herself again from saying 'Human', trying to get rid of that negative image past experiences have ingrained in her head.
"<You were going to say human, weren't you?">" Sylvi seems gravely disappointed, for a moment at least. "<You know, humans aren't all that bad. They're kind and sweet, and their hands are perfect for back rubs and stuff." as she goes on, her mood improves and there's a sense of playfulness to her again. "<They can eat trees and weird plant stuff too, so they'll give you the best cuts of meat, and they always have the best alcohol.>" Sylvi sits happily with a grand smile, but after a short pause she looks to Tycho, then back to Ana. "<If you're worried, it all works down there just the same.>" she says with a wink. "<Don't worry, Tycho's human, and we're speaking Keidran. He can't understand us... Maybe it'll be good for both of you. Tycho seems like a good human, a little prickly, but I'm sure that he's a sweet heart on the inside.>"
Phaing wrote:Some of the sailors snicker and shake their heads... its not like anyone is taking anything Sylvi is saying seriously.
"Hey! I bet I could out drink... Probably half of you... If we could I'd challenge you all, but we've got a secret mission... Don't tell anyone we're here... Shhhhhh"
Phaing wrote:"Alright, quickly now, lets get you out of here."
As Sylvi goes to stand she has a great deal of trouble finding her legs. It might be worth getting those strong men ready...
Phaing wrote:On the Gig, Raimius asks Sven; "Can you jump up onto the dock and cause a little distraction for us?"
You almost needn't ask. Sven, being equally as intoxicated as Sylvi, leaps off of the ship without a moments hesitation and gracefully lands on his [censored].

Seemingly unphased, he picks himself up and begins to prance around the docks looking for something to stand upon. A large crate will do nicely.

Once he's nice and comfortable, he'll begin bellowing every sailor's shanty and tavern drinking song that Sylvi had learnt over her travels. Naturally, they're all in elk, so following along may prove difficult.

#839 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote:"I could have a couple of our stronger hands toss her up the hatch, if that helps."
He's not actually kidding...
Tycho mulls it over, also serious. "If she can stand - at least, as much as one can stand in here - she should be fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't trust her to be able to get out on her own."
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"That's... quite a lot for a keidran." She said, going off the norms for the keidran she grew up with, both with what Sylvi said and what the sound in the canteen says. She looked and spoke to Tycho, with a bit of a worrying expression. "I hope we'll be able to stay somewhere in town. I don't think we're going to get far with her like that."
"As inconvenient - and risky - that may be, it might be our only option. Raimius might have a better idea."
The Rookie wrote:"I'm always inconspicuous... Nothing says conspicuous like someone trying to act inconspicuous. So you have to do something that'll make you stand out a little, otherwise you'll stand out a lot..." Though intoxicated, Sylvi delivers her warped logic with as much confidence as an experienced college lecturer. Then there's a spark of joy that seemingly explodes from no where. "I know! You and Ana should hold hands! It'll be cute, and everyone will notice, but not want to say anything about it. Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable."
Tycho stares blankly through a murky porthole and tries his hardest to ignore her rambling.
The Rookie wrote:"<You were going to say human, weren't you?">" Sylvi seems gravely disappointed, for a moment at least. "<You know, humans aren't all that bad. They're kind and sweet, and their hands are perfect for back rubs and stuff." as she goes on, her mood improves and there's a sense of playfulness to her again. "<They can eat trees and weird plant stuff too, so they'll give you the best cuts of meat, and they always have the best alcohol.>" Sylvi sits happily with a grand smile, but after a short pause she looks to Tycho, then back to Ana. "<If you're worried, it all works down there just the same.>" she says with a wink. "<Don't worry, Tycho's human, and we're speaking Keidran. He can't understand us... Maybe it'll be good for both of you. Tycho seems like a good human, a little prickly, but I'm sure that he's a sweet heart on the inside.>"
Try as he might, he can't leave all that alone. Staring incredulously at Sylvi, he barely manages to keep his jaw from dropping. "*AHEM*, <Are you, perhaps, forgetting someth-... you know what, forget it.>" And, to the Duke, "Upon reflection, it is now my recommendation that Sylvi be tossed out of the hatch." He leaves it at that, shaking his head.
Phaing wrote:The oars on the side where the Gig is are pulled in, and that means the men in the benches won't be able to get our of their seats for a while. The two craft thump up against each other and the Duke (somewhat bravely) sticks his head out of the hatch. "Ahoy there!"
There is a pause, and you can only her his side of the conversation. "I don't know ... No, your work is done here, we will simply have to think of something new.... Yes, a little the worse for wear ... If nobody can see us do it, we can send them over right now." He turns back to you all; "Alright, quickly now, lets get you out of here."
Rita will go last, she insists.
Tycho had wanted to go last, but in the interest of saving time, he doesn't press Rita on it, satisfied with going up next to last. However, he can't resist the urge to quickly stick his hand out into the water through one of the portholes. When he pulls his metal-clad arm back in, it is completely dry. He smiles broadly under his mask and then silently makes his way out of the hatch.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#840 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote:"I know! You and Ana should hold hands! It'll be cute, and everyone will notice, but not want to say anything about it. Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable."
"I don't find that idea particularly good." She paused for a moment, shaking her head. "OK, maybe kind of good, but I definitely will not be comfortable with that. No offence Tycho, but we did just meet, and I am still young."
2561642 wrote:"As inconvenient - and risky - that may be, it might be our only option. Raimius might have a better idea."
"Oh, yeah. I should have thought about him. He would know how to help with Sylvi like this." Only knowing them for the duration of the voyage, she had seen and heard enough to know that Sylvi and Raimius were well and truly together.
The Rookie wrote:<You were going to say human, weren't you?">" Sylvi seems gravely disappointed, for a moment at least. "<You know, humans aren't all that bad. They're kind and sweet, and their hands are perfect for back rubs and stuff." as she goes on, her mood improves and there's a sense of playfulness to her again. "<They can eat trees and weird plant stuff too, so they'll give you the best cuts of meat, and they always have the best alcohol.>"
"<I know. It will just take some time getting used to being around humans who don't want to harm me.>"
The Rookie wrote:Sylvi sits happily with a grand smile, but after a short pause she looks to Tycho, then back to Ana. "<If you're worried, it all works down there just the same.>" she says with a wink. "<Don't worry, Tycho's human, and we're speaking Keidran. He can't understand us... Maybe it'll be good for both of you. Tycho seems like a good human, a little prickly, but I'm sure that he's a sweet heart on the inside.>"
Alarm shot across her face, and if it wasn't covered in fur, there would be blushing. "<WHAT?>" She said a little too loudly for the cramped space they were in. She obviously just now picked up on what Sylvi was trying to do. "<No no no no no no. I don't see him like that, I don't want to see him like that. Call me old fashioned but I would prefer a nice fox that I've known for more that a few days.>"
The Rookie wrote:As Sylvi goes to stand she has a great deal of trouble finding her legs. It might be worth getting those strong men ready...
After that little phrase about Tycho from Sylvi, She tries to help Sylvi out as quickly as possible, trying to escape the situation. Inevitably failing, she waits for someone else to help. After Sylvi is out, Anaraia follows quickly behind.