What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#31966 Post by kiabugboy »

As of tomorrow' the finals will have already started and it's going to go on until next friday so i'll probably be a little busy panicking studying, though usually we go home earlier during finals.

But after that, there's only a week left of school, and then it's the holidays.
I can almost see the light at the end of the dungeon :D

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#31967 Post by nsamok6620 »

So, I posted about my building not using AC to save power. I was wrong, they couldn't use it because of cunstruction on the building. The last two days the temperature inside exceeded the temperature outside, which was quite hot btw.

So yesterday I went and bought a small desk fan. But I wasn't content with just having it blow hot air at me. So I did this:Image

Ice water goes in the top, goes through the coils, then trickles out the bottom. It's like a reverse radiator.

However, as I'm typing this, I fan hear the AC blowing. So I'll probably never get to use that. But let's be honest, I'm more than happy to accept that if it means having a comfortable work environment.

I would like to improve on this some time though. Get a larger reservoir, brewer ably made of copper, and have a valve on the end to better control the flow. Hell, if I could have a mini-fridge at my destination I'd make it a closed system with coils in the fridge and a little pump.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#31968 Post by Bellhead »

Hi, all. I'm back. For a short handful of posts. More I hope, but probably not.

So, if things work out, I will be transferring to a trade school within commuting distance, that will take less time, to do what I want to do, how I want to do it, and get me to making money faster than the university ever could. I even get more experience from it.

In other meaningless-to-you news, my sister's father is dying, and losing comprehension by the hour, and I'm currenty living in my father's house (not mine) with my girlfriend and sleeping on a double bed made of two single ones that were close to the same height and nowhere near the same softness. And it was 90 today, so... yeah, it skipped Spring this year. It even skipped Mud, because New England decided to skip spring and go straight to summer. My Magnolia didn't even bloom this season. But alas, it means my usual season-long-cold-and-sneeze lasted exactly one day. So there's that.

Life is good, for me for now. But in a couple of years, it's probably going to be crumbling. At least a little. We'll see how it goes.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#31969 Post by TinyVoices »

Bellhead wrote:In other meaningless-to-you news, my sister's father is dying, and losing comprehension by the hour
Did... this make you smile? Or was it just put in there as part of a general status update instead?

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#31970 Post by SirJahar »

Watching a John Woo movie with my dad. Honestly, an experience I never expected to have, let alone that both of us would enjoy.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#31971 Post by Bellhead »

TinyVoices wrote:
Bellhead wrote:In other meaningless-to-you news, my sister's father is dying, and losing comprehension by the hour
Did... this make you smile? Or was it just put in there as part of a general status update instead?
No, it did not make me smile. That was there so I didn't have to make another post in the rant thread.

My sister loves him, and she flew down to Arizona to be by his side. So far, though, she seems to be taking it fairly well, all things considered.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#31972 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I love bad weather.
Today I stood outside for about an hour watching clouds rotate and seeing a few possible funnel clouds. Unfortunately no actual tornadoes.
Luckily I live in an area where EF2s are ultra rare, only 1 EF3 every recorded and practically impossible for anything higher.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#31973 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Sad: Finals started today
Good: The first two finals I took were the two I looked least forward to taking, so now they're out of the way
Bad: Unfortunately, they were the two classes where I had the worst grades so I really needed to good on the finals, and I know I bombed one of them, the other is iffy. I should still pass, tho.
Good: no finals tomorrow, so I get a 4 day weekend.

It's also supposed to be storming here during the weekend if I have my weather correct, so I have that to look forward to. I just hope it doesn't interfere with our plans of going to the Renaissance Fair on Monday.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#31974 Post by Vintage »

SpaceX landed a third rocket today [at sea]!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Butterscotch
Master

#31975 Post by Butterscotch »

My mates tried zombies in call of duty: world at war. I hadn't played it for years so i couldnt remember anything. We always got to the 7th wave before i killed them with traps and now we're going to play custom maps.

"You plays zombies like a Suburban White Dad"
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#31976 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I'm dying of laughter

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLrXlfa9i4[/video]

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#31977 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I went out to HPB and Best Buy with my mom and sister today at the last minute. I needed to get some more money on my iTunes account, and I never pass up a trip to the bookstore. I ended up with a bunch more music in my account, and I found Pokemon Platinum at HPB for $40. I haven't seen it any cheaper that that anywhere else, and since there's currently a 20% off storewide sale going on, I went ahead and got it. So now it's the second Pokemon game I ever owned, after Emerald. There was White for $25, but I went with Platinum because I've had my eye on it for a while, and I've been told the first gen of B&W isn't as good as the second. A successful day, if I do say so myself.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#31978 Post by Tetrahedron »

I played "Shelter 2". (Furry stereotype?) It is great.
Oh, wait, three of my four little lynxes died... I'm the worst lynx ever... maybe i should move this to the rant threat...

Ok, i think it is a great game. The main story is really short, but I have to try the survival mode. The whole collectables and things you can find are not this interesting for me, but ok.
Definitly something different than games I normally play, like Europa Universalis... Trying to unite the emire since three years now...

Bon
Master

#31979 Post by Bon »

SperoWolf wrote:Been hanging out with Bon a lot, lately. We play Black Ops 3 usually at least once a day, and joke around in a very inappropriate group conversation with a lot of my friends. He is best panda, 10/panda
I is best panda? ^_^ Thanks, such kind words cx You is best non furry spero-wolf

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#31980 Post by nsamok6620 »

Playing Fallout 4. My friend tells me about a BoS mission to retrieve nukes from the glowing sea and tells me about the complex. Well I killed the BoS, so I'll never get that mission. So I decided to just go explore the glowing sea. About an hour later and pretty much nothing to show for it, I have several locations unlocked on the map. I had fun though. There really isn't any reason for anything to be there. It's literally off the map. So when I find something it's just a cool little touch. Like, "hey, what's that little shack over there? Oh that's not a shack, that's the rooftop storage shed. The rest of the building is underground." Lol
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O