New person in the forum!

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

KarentheCollie

Re: New person in the forum!

#16 Post by KarentheCollie »

TheWMM wrote:Image
Welcome, to your new life the forums!

Thanks for the ominous welcome! Interesting concept inspired by the Ominous-ness of the phrase, shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in hearing it.

KarentheCollie

#17 Post by KarentheCollie »

Akira110 wrote:Welcome newcomer. I haven't welcomed a newbie in years...

To be fair I haven't been a newbie in years. My other forum that I frequen I am still on the top 10 Posters board if I recall. I was up there with only the top 2 administrators in front of me.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#18 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

KarentheCollie wrote:snip to get attention
Just a rule of thumb, try not to post multiple times in a row, except for your own art thread, if you make one.

You can quote multiple people in one post.

BasettLord
Citizen

#19 Post by BasettLord »

It's just a group of us who just do some light and extremely random rp. We are pretty tight knit. As well as the thread if very confusing to almost anyone who isn't in it. (And most who are.) It can go from almost playing house, to nuclear weapons, bioweapons to torture and we'll I'm not going into that last part. You never know what can happen. We all have jobs of sorts, a bar, and some of us are even in families. It's very different from usual rp. Your welcome to join but warning, it can and has been over 10 pages a day.
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

KarentheCollie

#20 Post by KarentheCollie »

BasettLord wrote:It's just a group of us who just do some light and extremely random rp. We are pretty tight knit. As well as the thread if very confusing to almost anyone who isn't in it. (And most who are.) It can go from almost playing house, to nuclear weapons, bioweapons to torture and we'll I'm not going into that last part. You never know what can happen. We all have jobs of sorts, a bar, and some of us are even in families. It's very different from usual rp. Your welcome to join but warning, it can and has been over 10 pages a day.

Seems like it'll be a fun place to jut cause mayhem and other sorts of myscheifs!

Razmoudah
Merchant

#21 Post by Razmoudah »

Actually, if you look in the options below the 'Save draft', 'Preview', and 'Submit' buttons the last option is 'Notify me when a reply is posted'. I've never really paid attention to whether or not it was marked because I come and check things out every day, and what I don't read I make sure gets marked as read. Most days this forum is active enough to make that work just fine.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

KarentheCollie

#22 Post by KarentheCollie »

Yes, I just noticed that about 20 or so minutes after I had said something. I feel so silly now.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#23 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

KarentheCollie wrote:Yes, I just noticed that about 20 or so minutes after I had said something. I feel so silly now.
If you are using the default forum layout, you can also click the Quick links button in the top left of the page and click unread posts and it will show you all threads that have a post you haven't seen;clicking the speech bubble will take you directly to the oldest one you haven't seen.

KarentheCollie

#24 Post by KarentheCollie »

Ah, thank you.

Razmoudah
Merchant

#25 Post by Razmoudah »

Ehhh...I go through it the slower board-by-board way, but it is nice to know that feature is there.

Also, earlier this morning I found a new forum (by new I mean created within the last 5 years, although this one is less than 3 months old) that didn't default you to being subscribed (well, following is what it called it) to a thread that you created. Sadly, it makes sense there as this is the forum for the people creating Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars, so most of us who are using it are MoO2 fans, which was a Win95 game. Normally I don't worry about subscribing to specific threads in most forums. If I subscribe to something it tends to be entire boards, or the entire forum, so that I get e-mails about newly created threads as well, and even then it's only for a forum that I don't reasonably expect to be visiting on a daily basis.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage