bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

Re: bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

#211 Post by kiabugboy »

Dadrobit wrote: Hey, another Sungha Jung fan! \o/

Ever considered getting an actual recording setup going? You can get into it with passable quality for cheap (less than 250 USD) nowadays.
Oh, cool! I didn't know you knew about him dadro :mrgreen: he had a concert in my city last year and I actually managed to have my guitar signed by him :P

So far I've never really considered setting up a recording place. School's always busy and I don't know where to find all of the equipments .they're probably more expensive too here

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#212 Post by Dadrobit »

kiabugboy wrote:
Dadrobit wrote: Hey, another Sungha Jung fan! \o/

Ever considered getting an actual recording setup going? You can get into it with passable quality for cheap (less than 250 USD) nowadays.
Oh, cool! I didn't know you knew about him dadro :mrgreen: he had a concert in my city last year and I actually managed to have my guitar signed by him :P
Yeah, I found him around 2-ish years ago, got a bunch of his music on my Walkman. :mrgrin:
kiabugboy wrote:So far I've never really considered setting up a recording place. School's always busy and I don't know where to find all of the equipments .they're probably more expensive too here
Well, I dunno if there are shipping fees or availability issues that might pop up, but you can check out these options.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q4FF5FK/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

$170. Comes with a Focusrite Solo USB Interface, basic recording software, headphones, a CM25 condenser mic, and XLR cable. You'd need to buy a mic stand for this option.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-SCARLET ... arlett+2i2

$260. Change out the Focusrite Solo for a Focusrite 2i2 which will allow for a stereo recording with two mics if you pick up another mic. Same mic and HPs, but also comes with a mic stand and pop filter.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-Scarlet ... 53&sr=1-20

$300. Same Focusrite 2i2, but changes out the one CM25 condenser for a pair of MXL 550 and 551 mics allowing you to record in stereo out of the box. Comes with a second mic stand to accommodate it. No pop filter here, but you're not a vocalist that I'm aware, so it wouldn't affect you.

For reference to sound, here's a few examples. I'm actually quite impressed by what I've seen come out of the MXLs. I might pick up a pair for giggles...

Focusrite Solo with CM25. Done by Focusrite, so be wary of the fact that it is propaganda more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0nfi-F1vdQ

Focusrite 2i2 with CM25. A good review of the overall kit. Demo uses an acoustic guitar for you to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CyqOeMHhSU

Here's a good showing of the MXL mics on an acoustic guitar. This person uses a different interface, but it's still good nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrj5gBbUjMQ

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-5lqzYV80

Just some options to get you thinking! :mrgrin:

puredeathly2

#213 Post by puredeathly2 »

The Focusrite 2i2 is great (currently using one for my audio setup. I got the Studio bundle for Teamspeak and regular streams with friends).
Not toooo feature packed but very low noise, really great realtime level indicator and it just works (on Linux it was plug'n'play with both pulseaudio and jack and works with very low latency).

(And yes: I locked myself out of my main account because of some stupid email activation problem and yes aj already knows about it and promised to help me :3)

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#214 Post by kiabugboy »

doing something sci-fi this time.

the invaders arrived at our planet 10 years ago, their fleets were not powerful enough to take over the entire planet but they managed to take over Iraq. wiping out a majority of the population in gruesome manners, leaving some cities as prisoners to make sure our governments won't attempt to nuke them. they don't have an official name but the soldiers just call them buggers.

few years into the invasion, our military from various different nations have band together to push back the settlers from expanding their established territory. humans started to gain advantage in the war when the some of the invaders had started to rebel and joined the human forces, giving valuable intel and allowing us to reverse-engineer some of their technologies

SGT.Happy
Master

#215 Post by SGT.Happy »

this is damn awesome, some what creepy arms and hands they have :P

also like the story for them :)

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#216 Post by kiabugboy »

SGT.Happy wrote:this is damn awesome, some what creepy arms and hands they have :P

i got the idea for the story when i was thinking on why in every alien invasion stories they always have enough power to take over the whole planet, so i thought it's be interesting if there's an alien invasion where the invaders only managed to settle in a few countries, creating this long, drawn-out warfare with the humans.

SGT.Happy
Master

#217 Post by SGT.Happy »

kiabugboy wrote:
SGT.Happy wrote:this is damn awesome, some what creepy arms and hands they have :P

i got the idea for the story when i was thinking on why in every alien invasion stories they always have enough power to take over the whole planet, so i thought it's be interesting if there's an alien invasion where the invaders only managed to settle in a few countries, creating this long, drawn-out warfare with the humans.
like the idea of a ww1 like war with aliens or something like it, just because we are humans dosnt mean we are push overs and the history of the worl is the history of war we know lots of it :P

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#218 Post by kiabugboy »

i still haven't been satisfied with my arts lately and i noticed that i haven't been posting stuffs as often
so i thought i should try making rougher drawings more frequently so i won't loose motivation and still have something to do.
so yeah, here's my first attempt at drawing European knights.

ReBob
Council Member

#219 Post by ReBob »

Impressive, better than any of my meager attempts. Did you use references? If so, mind sharing them with a fellow artist?
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#220 Post by kiabugboy »

ReBob wrote:Impressive, better than any of my meager attempts. Did you use references? If so, mind sharing them with a fellow artist?
i didn't use one particular photos to paint it, so it's mostly still from imagination. but i did google searched knights and just find a bunch of photos from the first results to use as reference and just to try to understand how knight armor works.
for example i only noticed recently that they have armor parts for their elbows.

anyway, i did another quick knight sketch today, this time it's the templar knights since i've been watching history stuffs and talking a lot with someone about history lately. im kinda confused on why templar knights didn't have chest armors. and knight helmets in general just looks like they give you really bad visibility

original sketch:

SGT.Happy
Master

#221 Post by SGT.Happy »

Like the metal shine you got on the helmet and they do give bad vision those helmets but very good protection but if to be historical correct the the shoulders should be flat and rectangle shaped and to the chest armor well chain mail armor if very good not like in movies where a butter knife and cut it in real life you can't cut through it also it's used in a combination with soft under armor that absorbs alot of the kinetic energy from a hit . I have a full 14th century armor that I use for a full contact sport historical medieval battles or battle of the nation's if you want I can send some references pictures of my armor and weapons that are also full metal

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#222 Post by kiabugboy »

SGT.Happy wrote:I have a full 14th century armor that I use for a full contact sport historical medieval battles or battle of the nation's if you want I can send some references pictures of my armor and weapons that are also full metal
ah, yes that would be great! :D
i guess you could send them through PM, i'd really appreciate it.
maybe if it's not too much trouble could you also take closer photos on individuals part? like how they exactly connect to one another. for example i still don't really know how the shoulder armors exactly get attached to the person and the chest armor or how the gauntlets get put on the arms.

hope this isn't too much trouble, since i don't usually get a chance to take a closer look at these kind of things

SGT.Happy
Master

#223 Post by SGT.Happy »

kiabugboy wrote:
SGT.Happy wrote:I have a full 14th century armor that I use for a full contact sport historical medieval battles or battle of the nation's if you want I can send some references pictures of my armor and weapons that are also full metal
ah, yes that would be great! :D
i guess you could send them through PM, i'd really appreciate it.
maybe if it's not too much trouble could you also take closer photos on individuals part? like how they exactly connect to one another. for example i still don't really know how the shoulder armors exactly get attached to the person and the chest armor or how the gauntlets get put on the arms.

hope this isn't too much trouble, since i don't usually get a chance to take a closer look at these kind of things
no trouble at all :) just need to wait for the sun to rise again then ill start :grin:

ReBob
Council Member

#224 Post by ReBob »

Mind sending those my way too?
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

SGT.Happy
Master

#225 Post by SGT.Happy »

ReBob wrote:Mind sending those my way too?
sure :)