Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 20) [Mature Content]

#211 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

Jonesy wrote:I give up. Almost every attempt I've made to share an image on this site has been met with failure.
ImgBox is good. I recommend them.
And that's just my walking stick...

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#212 Post by Jonesy »

NinjaWithAStick wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I give up. Almost every attempt I've made to share an image on this site has been met with failure.
ImgBox is good. I recommend them.
I'd rather have a method of posting an image that didn't require a third party, or at least signing up for a new one.

Actually, I might be able to post the image on Weasyl, now that I think about it. I'll go do that now.

Edit: There we go.

https://www.weasyl.com/submission/12054 ... he-grounds

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#213 Post by FrogSteaks »

That's pretty cool. Though the way the wolf heads look, it almost looks like Zyanya has a beard.
Spoiler!
Plot Twist: Zyanya was a guy the whole time! :P
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master

#214 Post by Jonesy »

FrogSteaks wrote:
That's pretty cool. Though the way the wolf heads look, it almost looks like Zyanya has a beard.
Spoiler!
Plot Twist: Zyanya was a guy the whole time! :P
That's because the head is from some Star Wars alien. I'm guessing a Bothan, since they have little beards like that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jakob would have noticed if Zyanya was a guy by now. Otherwise, their first night together would've turned into something out of The Crying Game.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#215 Post by Warrl »

Jonesy wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure Jakob would have noticed if Zyanya was a guy by now. Otherwise, their first night together would've turned into something out of The Crying Game.
Imagine if she were a spotted hyena... (they have seriously weird anatomy)

Jonesy
Templar Master

#216 Post by Jonesy »

Warrl wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure Jakob would have noticed if Zyanya was a guy by now. Otherwise, their first night together would've turned into something out of The Crying Game.
Imagine if she were a spotted hyena... (they have seriously weird anatomy)
I don't know what's worse. You suggesting it, or the fact that I know what you're talking about. I have an old 'weird science' book or some such to thank for that, along with my knowledge of radium-based products.

For anyone who's wondering, but is too afraid to look it up; by some bizarre biological circumstances, the female spotted hyena's anatomy is nearly identical to a male's at a glance. Many a 'male' hyena has given birth unexpectedly.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#217 Post by Jonesy »

Due to some minor additions to the plot, the upcoming chapter will be back to the regular size. However, this also means that it won't be much longer.

amenon
Grand Templar

#218 Post by amenon »

A certain exotic security guard brought me here :P

Jonesy's already heard everything I've got to say, so for now I would just like to call attention to Vurrunna's title card, because oh my gosh posh cubs, and to say that I took a liking to Jessamine and Kasa, because that might serve to explain the next bit.

Note! Unofficial content!

--- Summer ---

Jessamine didn't slam the door behind her, she merely closed it with firm precision. Nor did she storm down the stairs, as much as walk with empathic vigor. They'd been going in circles, so she had excused herself for a moment. To regroup. The sheer affrontery of it, and yet her father still thought it was just... an unfortunate setback. On the road to something inevitable.

Of course, he was right. Almost certainly he was. But must he think it? Rounding the corner to the kitchen, she let out a low growl, surprising herself. And Kasa, who had been seeing to dinner preparations. They stared at each other, Jessamine willing him to ignore what he had just heard. In his expression, she could see Kasa-her-friend warring with Kasa-the-houseboy.

Eventually, the houseboy emerged victorious, if looking suspiciously amused. Kasa pulled up a chair for her. "Would you like something, Miss?"

She sat down with a sigh. They'd laugh about that. Later. "No, thank you. I just need a moment." Kasa just nodded. He wouldn't press her to explain herself. But he would listen if she did. Sitting down wasn't helping; her mind just kept running in circles. So she stood back up, not to pace, but to... preambulate in a circumferous fashion. She caught the urge to growl, this time, aware of Kasa discreetly keeping an eye on her, but spoke up instead. "As if he could even run the business! As if any of them could! Just because..." she stopped, and turned to look at him, her frustration boiling over. Just because she was a woman.

Kasa looked at her, somber now. He reached out, a little hesitantly, to put a hand on her shoulder. He gave her a little squeeze, and it startled her; she might touch him, if not often, but never before had Kasa reached out to her. To... comfort? That the timid lupusad would was worth more than the gesture itself. Somehow, that bit of sympathy was the last straw. Overcome, she stepped into his arms, to hug him. Kasa returned the embrace, hesitantly. She was trembling, and thought he might have felt it, for he hugged her tighter. There was something deeply comforting about Kasa, and she sought solace in his gentle embrace, in the feel of his fur against her. In the fact that he understood. With a sigh, Jessamine grew calmer. If any of her suitors were half the man he was -- wait, what was she thinking? Even if he was a friend, he was a servant, and lupusad besides. She almost growled again, at herself. Just a servant. Just a lupusad. Like she was just a woman. There was no just about it! But they were friends, and surely that was all.

And yet, in his embrace, she found herself thinking of other possibilities.

After a moment that surely felt longer than it was, she pulled away and smiled at him. Kasa smiled back, definitely more friend than houseboy. She put a hand on his chest. "Thank you, Kasa."

Kasa nodded at her, still smiling. "You're welcome... Jessamine."

She sighed. That had been a little too effective. "And now if you'll excuse me, I need to find my righteous indignation again by the time I'm up the stairs."

--- Fall ---

Kasa sat in front of the fireplace, making sure that the first fire of the season got well on its way. He was just about to get up, having decided it was fine, when he heard Jess sneaking up on him. He stayed put, and was soon rewarded with her hugging him from behind. "Mm. That's warm."

It was. And he didn't think she meant the fire. Kasa leaned his head against hers. It wasn't quite a nuzzle, but... she licked him on the cheek. That, that had to be answered. He turned around, to give her the lick, then returned the hug as well. "It is warm."

Jess buried her face in the fur of his neck. "I think I might spend a lot of time by the fire, this weekend."

Kasa leaned his head against hers again. "That sounds lovely."

After a while, Jess distanced herself to look at him with a smile. Kasa smiled back, resisting the sudden urge to nuzzle her. Jess reached out to take hold of the tip of his tail. "I was just thinking... you haven't spoken of being lonely, lately."

Kasa gave a little wag of his tail, not hard enough for Jess to lose her hold. "I haven't been feeling lonely." He grinned. "I wonder why?"

"I'm sure I wouldn't know. But..." she grew more serious. "I wonder if that might not be a problem. You've been a blessing to me, especially these past few months, but..."

"But?"

"I saw a pregnant lupusad today, and my first thought was: 'Kasa would make a great father.'"

He felt honored. "You really think so?"

"Yes! But that wasn't really the point, was it?"

Kasa nodded. "You think it would be... wiser... for me to spend more time with my people. And less time with you."

"Don't you?"

Wisdom didn't enter into it. He smiled. "I'm sure you're right, Miss Montgomery."

Jess smiled back. "Houseboy." Never had the word been spoken with more regard.

And she still hadn't let go of his tail.

"Perhaps..." Kasa reached out to take her free hand. "Perhaps it's too soon to think of wisdom." Or too late. He thought he saw the same thought in Jess's eyes, and they both smiled. Whatever was to come, they had the moment.

"Very well. We shall hold wisdom in abeyance." Jess gave his tail a little tug. "And I guess I don't have to blame myself for forcing you."

"Not unless you want to." Kasa raised his eyebrows. "Servant and mistress? Could be hot."

Jess laughed. "I'll keep that in mind. And... you wouldn't have made that joke in the past."

Ah. "My apologies, Miss. It has weighed on me that this isn't exactly part of my duties." He smiled. "But I think I have my head in the right place, now, even if I sometimes still ask myself if I'm not just the worst of servants."

"You do? And... how do you answer yourself?"

Kasa grinned. "That I'm just going beyond my duties, like any good servant would." She batted at him, and he caught her arm gently, letting his expression melt into a smile. "I tell myself that loving you can't be wrong."

She actually blushed! And when she leaned in, to nuzzle with him, he would have as well, if not for the fur. Overcome, he pulled her close, and down to the floor with him.

The rug was plenty comfortable, especially with company.

--- Winter ---

Spoiler!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzl_l5gC5is#t=52s[/video]
(Because the real deal has embedding disabled)

Edit, October 2016: So yeah, that was a lame joke. I originally intended to eventually write the thing, but, well... hasn't happened yet, so probably won't. So, sorry for no proper payoff :|
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Jonesy
Templar Master

#219 Post by Jonesy »

Here's the next chapter. Now, I'm back at uni, so I'll not have as much time for the story as I have over the holidays. But I'll keep doing what I can.

Also, you should read amenon's story above this post, if you haven't already. Is good.

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 21) [Mature Content]

#220 Post by Bellhead »

And the world keeps on turning. It's nice to see Zyanya's family opening up, if only a little.

Very glad Jakob smoothed things out with Ithula. She's one person he really wanted to have on his good side.

Also, THOLMES!! DIE IN A FIRE!! *Ahem* You are an appauling dump heap, overflowing with the most deplorable assortment of rubbish imaginable; mangled up in tangled up knots! And for the sake of Lupusad kind, I hope your girlfriend tells you as much. Speaking of which, glad her trip went well.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

amenon
Grand Templar

#221 Post by amenon »

In order:

All hail the cute ones! I'll be a little disappointed if Salali didn't pickpocket Elizabeth. But I also really, really hope she didn't, because that would so not be good.

Should probably lock that door, too, after Ithua left...

YES, BELLY RUBS!

The shoe idea 'gets the boot'. Groan.

--

And a wider point: I feel like the story keeps trying to character assassinate Elizabeth (who, near as I can tell, despite having all the privilege in the world and bad taste in friends, is, in herself, basically a pretty nice person. If not exactly thoughtful.) I like to think that, on some level, Jakob is still bitter he never got anywhere with her, so he keeps badmouthing her in his thoughts / to others, and from there it's threatening to spill into the narrative :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#222 Post by FrogSteaks »

Man, nothing like coming home after a long day at work to a new chapter of H&L.

Well damn, has Elizabeth actually experienced a change of heart? Stop the presses! Didn't Nostradamus predict this? I think that she's gonna have to think long and hard about her relationship with Franklyn. Come on Lizzy, do the right thing.

It's also quite reassuring seeing that Ithua is beginning to trust in Jakob after having a chance to see what it's like at the shelter. Now she just has to make sure Iduel hasn't gone off the deep end. Hopefully he'll turn out all right.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#223 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

:D
thanks for another hit of the most awesomest story ever ^_^
It's really nice to see Ithua, Iduel and Elizabeth all warm up to our protagonists in one way or another, to some extent.
Jonesy wrote:Now, I'm back at uni, so I'll not have as much time for the story as I have over the holidays
What uni do you go to Jonesy? I go to UWA :)

Jonesy
Templar Master

#224 Post by Jonesy »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Now, I'm back at uni, so I'll not have as much time for the story as I have over the holidays
Queensland University of Technology. Not exactly close to you, is it?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#225 Post by Warrl »

Jonesy wrote:
AndreRhineDavis wrote:
Queensland University of Technology. Not exactly close to you, is it?
According to our GPS I spend a fair amount of time on the highways of Western Australia, recently mostly WA-101 and WA-104. "Western Australia" is just north of Oregon.