Twokinds 10th Anniversary Contest

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

leadbrick
Traveler

Re: Twokinds 10th Anniversary Contest

#46 Post by leadbrick »

Congratulations Tom on 10 years. Wish I would have stumbled onto your comic a little longer than a month ago, but I am still happy to have found it, in fact the day after I stumbled upon it I sat at my computer just to read every page. TwoKinds is the best web-comic I have read. With that being said my favorite page is actually two pages, the ones where Laura walks in on Keith posing for the Statue. http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=415 and http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=416
I believe in the edits that edit in you.

Peace, love and obsessed tiger ladies.

giobujia

#47 Post by giobujia »

http://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20031022.jpg (can't post this page for some reason) because this is THE page that introduced me to this comic and made me read this comic so this is my MOST favorite.yeah that is right my most favorite page is the first one,it holds a special place in my heart! :flora: :trace: --->===> :potatoes:

NothingIsSure
Master

#48 Post by NothingIsSure »

Oh it's not possible to choose just one page ...
But if I have to say which one I remeber better than others, it will be 2006-07-19.
The first page where Kathrin appered ...
I remeber, that when i was reading 2K for the first time, on my laptop in school, my exgirlfriend suddenly came and saw what I was reading ... Naked furry girls - that was just too much for her to understand ;o
Yes - for me,this page is better than any other, sweet Kathrin, angry Flora and shocked Trace ... all in one ;3
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#49 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Ugh... trying to pick my favorite page? That's *hard*. There are so many good ones! This immediately comes to mind, as well as this, and this, and for that matter you could probably list all of the most recent dozen or so strips as well. I think if I had to pick just one, though, it would have to be this one.

It's not a happy page. In fact, it could pretty easily be described as downright horrifying. But that's what makes it so good. If I had to point at one page in response to the the question 'why do you like this comic?', it would be this one. There are plenty of furry comics out there, lots of well-drawn comics, and many comics with interesting stories, but there has to be something more. Tom has that skill of just reaching out and *grabbing* you, that economy of word and line and action that conveys *so much* emotion and character in the few short panels we get each page. This strip is the exemplar of that. In the mere half-dozen pages of this flashback Tom managed to pack in more emotion, more pain and conflict and characterization and drama, than most entire movies.

This was the strip that finally forced me to register an account on these forums just so that I could comment on it. As I said in that comment, I routinely get engrossed in the things that I read. I do *not* routinely get emotionally affected by them to the point where I literally feel like I've been punched in the chest after reading them, but this strip did just that. In terms of sheer emotional impact I think this is the best thing Tom's ever written (especially considering the beautiful economy with which it was presented), and it's among the best pieces of fiction I've read in *years*.

Sure, there are thing we can (and have) nitpicked at in the comic - perceived flaws in the story or characterizations, plot holes, continuity oddities, whatever - but nothing is perfect (I've even found a couple of those in Freefall, and Mark's ability to avoid those sorts of pitfalls is downright eerie). What's important is how amazingly well the story of this comic is told, and in that regard it has few peers. I've dabbled in writing myself (I'll be posting some of it here if I ever finish it), but nothing I've done has ever even *approached* the quality of Tom's storytelling. If I wanted to refute the idea that webcomics can't be 'real art' or that furry stuff is nothing but smut, Twokinds, along with Freefall, are what I'd point at, and that's high praise.

edit: Gah! How could I forget this one? Still picking the Rose flashback arc as my fav, but that scene between Keith, Trace, and Flora is probably my favorite page that doesn't involve Natani or Rose in some way.

dylanr8

#50 Post by dylanr8 »

My Favorite would have to be... This one! ( http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=264 )

"Flora... tail up..." sigh... Keith, you and I are a lot alike. :oops:
Flora Forever!! :flora: :flora: :flora:

Ponjos
Citizen

#51 Post by Ponjos »

I started reading this comic a little over five years ago. Today, I look at this comic post and I too begin to reflect. It has been an amazing ride. There were many moments of joy and sorrow, both in my life and in TwoKinds. I see clearly now there are many further moments to come. I challenge each of you to seriously consider where you were when you began reading TwoKinds.

Tom, as for your contest, my favorite is the comic for Friday, September 26th, 2008. This is around when I started reading TwoKinds. Natani's internal struggle with her identity is both great and terrible. I genuinely feel for her. She has an amazing brawl with which many people can identify. Can you imagine being in such a fight against yourself, only to be betrayed by the one for whom you are fighting?

I thank you.

Ponjos - Reader since comic #455.
This is a useful guide to BB Code.
Are you always stressed out? Click here and learn how to feel better.
Also, if you click this link I get a free Video Game Album!
(These links are NOT Spam or Viral.)

Long-ears

#52 Post by Long-ears »

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=33

In a comic with so many great pages to chose from, This one has to be my pick. Reason why is personal. Back during my discovery of this comic, I had posted a demotivation type picture of Flora chaseing the butterfly with the panel under it also attached. I can't recall what the caption said but thought it was funny enough to post to share with my friends. A girl who I had on my list but hadn't actually really talked to, she is part of my dad's childhood best friends family, commented on it. I asked if she would like the link to the site, warning her first of the fact some showed up with out clothes but were covered in fur. She didn't mind. Didn't take long before she too became a fan. From this common ground, we began to grow more and more as real friends. Now she was into roleplay, typing out actions of ones own made up characters. So we ended up making a roleplay related to the world of Twokinds. My first character was based off the image of prince bunny ears. We all know that one, Keith with Basitin bunny style ears. My friend had used an image editing program to create something for me. From that my character was born. Would end up being one of countles I would make as we keept on. Other friends who had gotten into the comic also were added into the roleplay. Saddly, things didn't go well long as bumps presented themselfs along the road. However, me and her made a strong effort to keep it alive. Many different things were added in that didn't relate to the Twokinds world but it was the foundation.

Two years later, our little world is still alive and kicking. We would have never truely met eachother, spoken , or became such a beloved and trusted friends like we are now if it wasn't for Twokinds. It's funny that a friendship can be created off one postlet alone an online comic but it happened. I'm not just shareing my fav page here but my story and reason my I love Twokinds the way I do. With out it I would never have found such a wonderful person like her. So thank you Tom. Thank you for making Twokinds. I can not imagine my life with out it, or her.

Grunt_Master_32

#53 Post by Grunt_Master_32 »

Saludos me presento antes que nada soy Brian Cesar Torrez o mejor dicho Grunt_Master_32 de buenos aires, Argentina...!!!.
Bien ablando de twokinds...??? que puedo decir...!!!.
Comencé solamente a leer este maravilloso wed-comic a principio del 2012...!!!. No se como ni porque pero cuando comencé a leerlo al principio decía (Ufff... Este Tom Fitback o Fischbach debe de tener mucho tiempo libre para dibujar esta Giripollada...!!!).
"Posta lo dije así" Cruel pero sincero así como soy yo...:b.
Sin embargo a medida de que continuaba la historia poco a poco la imagen de este Tom paso de un Giripollas mal dibujante al mejor artista que al menos yo avía observado en el diseño de comics y Furry...!!!.
Calculo que por la pagina 200..???. (Calculen ustedes principio del capitulo 8)...!!!. Es que me di cuenta que Trece y flora no estaban para auto-destruirse o matarse entre ellos como decía el gil de las primeras paginas jeje...:b.
Hoy ya 760 paginas del wed-comic. Personajes nuevos, villanos mas o otros menos.... Twokinds a llegado a atraparme de tal magnitud que sin dudas pasen los artistas de comic que pasen y demás Twokinds para mi sera el Nº1...!!!.

Finito mi mensaje dejo a ustedes la mejor imagen de este wed-comic les dejare los enlaces español e ingles debido a que aquí en Sudamérica el ingles es un lujo saberlo...:b.

Enlace Español: http://twokinds.subcultura.es/tira/208/

Enlace Ingles: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=204

Para mayor orientación es el primer encuentro entre Trece y Flora...XD.

!!!...Muchísimas gracias por su atención y felicitaciones Twokinds por estos 10 años de trayecto...!!!.

ATT: Grunt_Master_32 desde Subcultura...:b.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#54 Post by jacobc62 »

Dang it Tom, I had to read the entire comic again to choose a favorite page! :mrgreen:

Nah, but seriously, even after having to choose just 1 page out of a whole very excellent comic.... I would have to say page 731 (http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=731). It shows great character development from [Database "Red" Error], still gives off the larger plot of Group B's predicament, and has that hilarious final panel that signifies a scene change..... And that I'm one of the "RedxRaine" shippers.

You have made a great comic and I can't thank you enough Tom.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

scooch27

#55 Post by scooch27 »

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to start off saying how much I love your comic. I've been reading it for years now and it never ceases to entertain me with it's stories of romance, adventure, betrayal and more. Going through to find just one page that I thought was the best was extremely difficult. I ended up going through almost the entire archive. But I feel that this page got the best reaction from me.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=694

The reason I chose this page was that after everything that had happened, all the recent tragedy and turmoil, it was nice to see the original three together again and embracing each other. They have been through so much together and to see how much they truly care about one another just made me smile. I can't wait to see where the gang will go from here and see what kind of shenanigans they'll get into. Keep up the amazing work and thank you for ten years of a truly amazing comic series!
:trace: :flora: :keith:

Deadly-Bagel

#56 Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Wow, has it been ten years? I think I originally read it around '07, then came back a few years later and stayed up to date. The start of the Basitin island arc seems so recent and yet looking at the archives it was quite awhile ago.

Anyway, my favourite has to be http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=393 and the preceeding comic.

No personal reasons or anything, I just like how it sums up Keith and Natani xD

wolfie-pawz
Citizen

#57 Post by wolfie-pawz »

I have many favorite pages in the comic (so it's kind of hard to choose only one) but one of my favorites would have to be this one http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=299 . Mainly for Natani's "Gah! Traitorous tail!" line, I always thought that was cute. (Oh and who doesn't love potatos? http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=484 :potatoes: )
I realize I'm not very artistic by any stretch of the imagination, but that won't stop me from trying!
My deviantArt Page!

Bardi

#58 Post by Bardi »

First off, congratulations to Tom and everyone for making it to ten years! I've never been a huge fan of webcomics and typically stayed away from them, but when I found TwoKinds, I knew I had something special and when I discovered that it was a comic about friends, magic, and fur, Jackpot! I say this because for the last seven or so years, I've been something of a closet furry. Having been on the internet for much longer than that, I grown to know how much of the internet feels towards furries and so I kept myself in the shadows, hiding, as one of my constant fears is that of being judged. So naturally, I kept it all quiet and didn't do anything about it, except read TwoKinds, which was an outlet for personal issues. I'd occasionally post a comment about the comic, but I mostly just lurked. I do a lot in the shadows. Nevertheless, it's changed a lot over the years and Tom, you have become an amazing storyteller and artist, bravo bro! Thank you for everything and I'm excited for the next installment!

My favorites over the years include Commando Flora, In the shadows, Dream-like Transformation, Nora Awesomeness, Mutiny, Aerismentis!, Friends and of course Mistletoe but my top favorite will always be Pilot. The confusion of waking in a strange and unfamiliar land, the loss of personal identity, and the sense of an adventure beginning, all make for a great opening comic.

PS: Ignore the account creation date for this account. Just recently moved to this account for personal reasons.

Waltz_Writer

#59 Post by Waltz_Writer »

I don't even remember how I got started reading Twokinds, just that when I started I loved it. Twokinds also helped allowed me to be introduced to Las Lindas, so thanks for that also.

I would have to say that http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=510 is one of my favorite pages. It was a tough choice, but I love because the pure, unbridled power aspect of characters always gets my blood going. Also the dramatic eye openings are fun.

Trace is unconscious, yet when Flora is being hurt and is in trouble SNAP! It's game time. That's not just an awakening for him, that's an "I will F**K Your Day Up!" look :twisted: . And that's what he proceeds to do.

fezzick

#60 Post by fezzick »

Are you kidding? Just pick _one_ favorite? But...but...there are so many!

Argh. Well, I love the dynamic between Keith and Natani, so I'll pick http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=463 for the "W-wait, stop! Don't touch me there!" (I think I literally laughed out loud when I read that).

Many thanks Tom for the first 10 years...looking forward to the next 10!